PDA

View Full Version : PF- Chirurgeon

Rickshaw
2011-05-18, 09:20 AM
Greetings playgrounders!

My questions: how do you use inert infused curatives? The reason I ask is that the new Chirurgeon ACF says you can replace inert curatives with other extracts.

From pfsrd

Infused Curative: At 2nd level, a chirurgeon’s extracts of cure spells automatically act as infusions, and can be used by non-alchemists. When a chirurgeon prepares his extracts, he may choose to render any or all of his infused curatives inert and prepare other extracts to replace them (unlike infusions, which continue to occupy the alchemist’s daily extract slots until consumed or used). This ability replaces poison use.

does that mean you can pump out a ton of curatives, make them inert, and then use them whenever you want by simply making them usable? and grammatically speaking, would that mean that they are now ert?

jmelesky
2011-05-18, 09:47 AM
I'm pretty sure when they say "inert" they mean "throw it away, it's useless", not "in stasis till you recharge it". I think it's just intended as a mechanic to allow you to switch up what curative infusions you have prepared, rather than forcing you to drink them all before you can make new ones.

Rickshaw
2011-05-18, 10:47 AM
seems like a relatively worthless game mechanic, as most of the Alchemist spells are buffs. Chugging them all right before bed isn't usually a problem.

nyarlathotep
2011-05-18, 11:37 AM
Inert is putting them in stasis, but if you can only activate them through your infusions per day, so you're still restricted that way.

Talya
2011-05-18, 11:52 AM
I don't like classes who's names I cannot pronounce.

Rickshaw
2011-05-18, 12:26 PM
yeah I just pretend it's pronounced "Churjun" and be done with it.

however, in a party of three where I am with a bard and a rogue, I have to be tank and healer.

a Mr. Hyde build with these new class features fills those boots quite nicely.

Hecuba
2011-05-18, 12:30 PM
I don't like classes who's names I cannot pronounce.

It's just an archaic spelling of Surgeon.