PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder/D&D 3.5, Touch spell question

Whosthere
2011-05-18, 02:06 PM
A few friends and I were looking to start a new pathfinder game here in the next week or so. I myself have been playtesting gunslinger and have liked the results so far, but i might want to branch out and use another class. The magus came to mind. Ultimate magic came out today, reminiscent of the duskblade from D&D 3.0, great concept then, bad ruling and way to create the class. I believe Paizo fixed the issues...but I have a question for the masses to see who might have an answer for me. I remember a long while ago(i play mostly dex based rogues/fighters/monks) and don't usually play casters. I remember there was a spell somewhere that allowed a person to hold a touch spell for longer than one round. This is not to be confused with "holding a charge" that every character can do with a touch spell. Again, from what i remember you were able to, with this buffing spell, use the same casting of say....shocking grasp to affect multiple targets in subsequent rounds. I.E. the next touch spell you cast lasts 1 round/lvl or lasts for 1 touch/level something along those lines, does anyone remember or can anyone point me in the right direction for sourced information regarding this subject? If i do end up playing the magus, i want to base it more on the 2 weapon fighting aspect with touch spell as his OH weapon rather than ...3 attacks main hand and 1 spell a round. cool...but i think i can get more out of it.