PDA

View Full Version : [IC] Team Alpha - Fiveleague Inn

salt3d
2011-05-18, 11:51 PM
The coach trundles along the Trade Road towards Hammerfast. The Dawnforge Mountains loom ahead, bathed in sunshine, white clouds drifting lazily between the higher peaks. Inside the coach, Lond says nothing, and barely tries to conceal his ogling of the female occupants.

About an hour into the journey, before the road begins to incline heading into the mountains, Lond thumps on the ceiling of the coach and it slowly comes to a stop. He gets out, and as you gather around him he points south along the mountain range. A road of sorts meanders alongside the mountains as far as you can see.

"Follow the road south," says Lond, "and you'll find a watch tower nestled between a couple of hills. It's not been used for years, so I can't tell you what state it's in. If you keep a good pace you should be there in not much more than an hour."

As he climbs into the coach, he takes one last look at you, and says "I'll be back at the Inn at dawn. See you there."

OOC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199799)

Team Alpha:
{table=head]Player||Character||Race||Class||Role||Alignment||P icture
Lycan 01||Zimelda (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=297345)||Drow||Cleric||Leade r||Evil||http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp192/salt3d/Zimelda.png (http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/Janus3003/zimelda1.png)
IcemanJRC||Ilikan Stoneholder (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=297638)||Goliath||Warden||De fender||Unaligned||http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp192/salt3d/IlikanStoneholder.png
Demonicheart||Heather Tyrin (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=294153)||Human||Vampire||Str iker||Unaligned||http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp192/salt3d/HeatherTyrin.png (http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs49/i/2010/151/5/4/Vampire_by_Were_wolf_101.png)
bladescape||Mavion De'astio (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=297381)||Dragonborn||Sorcere r||Striker||Good||http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp192/salt3d/MavionDeastio.png (http://cdn.obsidianportal.com/images/55144/kriv.jpg)
[/table]

Lycan 01
2011-05-19, 12:43 AM
Zimelda

Without a word, Zimelda hops aboard the carriage. She was pleased to know she would be working with the other woman, and also pleased that the Goliath was on her team. Of the two large males in the tavern, she had much more patience for him... The Dragonborn, though, she was wary of, and had no real opinion of him yet.

For most of the journey, Zimelda says nothing. When Lond keeps ogling her, she adjusts her hood to make sure it is still securely in place and her identity is concealed.

Once they disembark the wagon and are left to their own devices, Zimelda simply begins to stride down the path before them. She then states: "We should not tarry. But I suppose that as we make our trek, introductions are in order. My name is Zimelda. I am a Cleric, so I will be able to provide healing and divine protection or strength to you all. I am also a very capable fighter. What of the rest of you?"

bladescape
2011-05-19, 12:50 AM
Mavion gives back an equal silence, sitting stoicly still in the coach, and giving no signs as to what seeps through his thoughts.

He gets out quickly, standing still once more upon directions given, and then watches the coach rattle out of sight. "That man, I do not like." He mutters in his cragged voice, his red eyes narrowed on the departing coach. "But many annoyances purvey this world. Well, since it seems working with you is my job, then a brief discription of abilities would be appreciated. One fights better when one knows their allies. I command fire, from within and without. The gift of the ancient dragons."

bladescape
2011-05-19, 09:14 AM
@Initiative:

[roll0]

IcemanJRC
2011-05-19, 02:48 PM
Ilikan looks around happily and sighs,
I... Am... Ili-k-ka-Ilikan. I am a Waaaardeeeen... I protect you from the bad stuff...
his words sound very forced and he stutters in pronouncing his own name, but he gives the speech his Uncle taught him and gets his point across. He's a big guy, he hits stuff and he stops other stuff from hitting you.

Initiative

[roll0]

Lycan 01
2011-05-19, 03:07 PM
"I don't think I caught your name, Dragonborn..." Zimelda observes, before turning to Ilikan as she walks. "Protect us from the bad stuff, you say? So selfless. Ilikan, I must say, I would much rather work with you than that other large fellow. I am quite glad you were assigned to this team, rather than the Shifter." And she really was glad. Ilikan was more akin to the males of her homeland - humble, willing to serve, and respectful. The Shifter... quite the opposite. She likely would have smote him in the name of Lolth before they ever got to the tower...

Zimelda decides she needs to stay focused, though, so she returns her thoughts to the situation at hand. She keeps her guard up, ready for anything as they walk along the path...

Initiative: [roll0]

bladescape
2011-05-19, 09:18 PM
"Mavion." The dragonborn replies. His eyes slightly narrowed, he walks onward without much more of a reply. His interest strays from the outer world, but his eyes do not stop watching.

Demonicheart
2011-05-20, 03:57 AM
For the majority of the trip and even during the long wait before Lond had arrived at the inn, the masked woman had kept herself preoccupied with a rather thick book that she pulled out her pack. The book was not complete by any stretch of the imagination but the few pages that were split between two distinct topics. The front side of the book had a series of ingredients and formulas that most would probably find daunting to read. She had no problems with ignoring or even allowing others to view her book when it was turned to these pages. Truthfully, if Heather didn't have a good teacher regarding alchemy, she wouldn't be able to understand much of it either. The back pages of the book were filled with more personal notes and she had completely refrained from writing in it during the carriage ride. They were written assessment of the others gathered and what she noticed about them.

When the group arrived at the drop off point, Heather simply put the book back into her pack and followed the others. She ruefully added with a bit of amusement when the dragonborn and the drow complained about disliking certain members of the other group as well as their employer, "Oh, I have met worse, believe me. In any case, my name is Heather. My fighting style is a bit...unique. I would prefer to sneak up on my opponents and use...a dagger and my fists to deal with them. Hopefully with our helpful Warden I will be given the chance I need to strike." Still, Heather wasn't quite as confident as her words seem to express, Okay...remember the plan...hold the blade close to the enemy's neck...and use it to hide your fangs when you are biting down on them...if I do this right, I can make it look like I'm just cutting them with my dagger and at worst licking the blood off.

salt3d
2011-05-20, 07:29 AM
You continue to follow the road along the foothills of the mountain range as it steers you slightly west of due south. The walk proves uneventful save for the occasional feeling you get of being watched, which you attribute to wild beasts that seemingly have more sense than to cause you trouble.

The sun is still high in the sky when you see emerge from behind a hill a tower, once several stories tall but now with its top sheared off. Whether this was due to a battle of some kind or simply a result of age is unclear, as it quite obviously happened a long time ago. The rubble strewn around the base of the tower is now overgrown with grasses and other foliage, and the stones forming the new top of the tower appear severely weather-worn.

There is no sign of anything outside the tower, so you approach cautiously. As you do so you begin to hear a raucous din, composed primarily of the unmistakable sound of goblin voices. They are making such a racket that there is little chance of being heard while outside.

The ground floor of the tower sports a double wooden door, which you can see is slightly ajar. You cannot see anything behind it, but it is clear that it is unlocked and opens inward.

Lycan 01
2011-05-20, 02:24 PM
"Heather," Zimelda turns to the robed and masked woman. "I am pleased to meet you. You say you are good at sneaking, yes? Perhaps you'd like to scout ahead and see what lies beyond the doorway. You can then report back to us what threats are inside, and we can plan accordingly."

Demonicheart
2011-05-20, 06:17 PM
Although it was impossible to tell with complete certainty given the mask upon her face, Heather's tone seemed to indicate she was smirking as she responded to the cleric, "I have many skills aside from stealth as I'm sure we all do. Still, I think that's the more important one for now. I will take peek inside and hopefully come back with interesting 'gossip'. If you hear screaming or I'm not back in five minutes, come in after me alright? Even if it might not be my own screaming..." A small laugh escaped her lips as she enjoyed her own remark. However, it was short lived and ended immediately once she started to squeeze through the open door. Clearly the woman knew when to joke and when to get serious. Truthfully, Heather was glad to get some relief from the baking sunlight outside. She was more in her element in the shadows.

Stealth check to get in and explore undetected [roll0]

Perception Check to spot anything out of the ordinary [roll1]

bladescape
2011-05-20, 07:35 PM
"I wish you good fortune." Mutters the dragonborn as Heather slips off into the shadows. The girl reminded him of the rogues and thieves of the larger cities, although she seemed just a touch less sure of herself.

salt3d
2011-05-20, 08:45 PM
Heather moves silently to the door, with caution far exceeding that required, given the noise coming from inside the door. She nudges the door open ever so slightly, and sees a multitude of goblins, easily a half-dozen or more.

Some goblins argue loudly while standing around a table covered in playing cards, while another dips its mug into a boiling cauldron. Toward the rear of the room, a block from the sagging ceiling has smashed down on to the floor. A pair of dice roll out from the stone block and a small fist quickly snatches them up before retreating. A hobgoblin stands near a gong. A set of stairs on the eastern wall goes up to the next floor.

With a hand gesture, Heather motions for the rest of the party to join her at the door. Since there is no way to get inside without being seen, you resolve to burst in at once to begin the assault.

You have successfully snuck up on the goblins so you get a surprise round. Just in case anyone isn't sure, you get a standard, move or minor action, but only one. So you can't move and attack, but you could charge. You don't provoke opportunity attacks during the surprise round.

You may take the surprise round in any order you like, but after that we will revert to normal initiative. The goblins actually rolled really well so nobody gets to go before them after the surprise round.

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp192/salt3d/Alpha/Alpha-1-1.jpg

Demonicheart
2011-05-20, 09:46 PM
After pointing out that the group really had no choice but to burst in, Heather gave a good description of their numbers and quietly made note of the gong in the back. As much as she would like to attack the gong guarding hobgoblin, she knew that any attempt to get him first would lead to the attacker being completely surrounded and cut off. They would have to do things the hard way.

The robed woman decided to take the initiative on that plan. She darted past Zimelda and head straight for the goblins playing cards in the center of the room, she extended her right hand out and attempted to slam her palm squarely against the goblin's face while commenting, "Please, don't get up on my account. Me and my friends will just let ourselves in." To the untrained eye, it would look like a simple open palmed strike. However, she was channeling the inner strength of her vampiric blood. Let's see if this one can survive my 'love tap'.

Surprise Round!

Standard Action: Charge Attack on the goblin in F5.
Effect: Using Vampire Slam in place of basic melee attack, +1 attack roll for charging, +2 for combat advantage
Vampire Slam (Dex VS Reflex)
Attack Roll: [roll0]
if Hit damage: [roll1] and pushes the goblin back one square

Edit: Forgot the +1 enhancement and +2 Cha for Vampire Power use so the final damage total is actually 16.

Heather will forgo any attempt to bite the goblin this round. She wants to gauge his strength first.

I'd assume we also take the time to equip ourselves before launching this assault since the gobbos had no bloody clue we were even out there.

bladescape
2011-05-21, 01:44 AM
Mavion steps forward, touching his hand to his lips where they suddenly alight, his hand then swings outwards, fire flying across the room to strike the farthest, but scorching several on the way through. "Yes, stay in your seats." He rumbles out as the fire flies out.

Alright, no move, Arcing fire on Gobbo 12, striking 6 & 7 with 3 fire damage on the way through.

Arcing Fire vs. Reflexes: 1d20+5
Damage: [roll0]

Lycan 01
2011-05-21, 03:04 PM
Zimelda

Zimelda reaches her right hand out towards the goblin lurking off to her left. She hisses an oath in Elven, though anyone paying close attention may notice that is sounds slightly harsher and sharper than the typical flowing speech of the Fey.

Unknown to the rest of the team, she's attempting to call down the wrath of Lolth on the Goblin. If she succeeds, the creature should burst into purple flame, and its suffering will give strength and vitality to her or an ally she deems worthy of such a blessing. She opts to bless the Goliath if the attack succeeds, to improve his combat effectiveness.

Sacred Flame on Gobo 1 at H7.

Wisdom vs Reflex
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

If it hits, then Ilikan gets 3 Temporary HP.

IcemanJRC
2011-05-21, 08:54 PM
The Goliath frowns as his companions assault the Goblins, but he is here to do a job so he will do it. He leaps up and lands on the table the goblins were playing cards at, he sucks in air and than lets out a bellow, the spirit of the Great Bear invading the surrounding goblins and punishing them for ignoring him.

Athletics check to jump over and onto the table:
[roll0]

Powerful Athlete roll:
[roll1]
Result divided by ten is distance moved forward in squares and vertical distance is that divided by 4.

Mark all adjacent as a free action.

salt3d
2011-05-22, 06:28 AM
As Heather's palm strikes the goblin, you hear a loud crack, and its nose disappears into its face. The goblin's eyes bulge momentarily before it slumps forward on to the table, dead.

A jet of flame erupts from Mavion's outstretched palm towards the goblin at the back of the room. With an air of confidence, it levels a shield at the oncoming blast. Instead of deflecting the fire, though, the shield ignites and the magical fire envelops the goblin, which falls to the floor. In seconds the shield and bearer are a single, indistinguishable pile of ash. Two of the goblins sitting at the card table look at each other, and seeing the other's scorched head causes them to begin to point at each other. Before either can raise an arm in effort, the tops of both of the goblins heads crumble into dry, dusty chunks and they too fall forward on to the table.

Zimelda's words can be seen as a faint shimmer emanating from her mouth and floating towards the goblin. As they reach it they combust in a dark flame of purple and black, consuming the goblin. As it collapses, a few wisps of bright purple flame rush from it towards Ilikan, who is in mid-air as he leaps on to the table.

Ilikan lands deftly enough on the table, but the three dead goblins that have fallen on to it distract him momentarily as he kicks them off to establish his footing. Seeing this, the hobgoblin rushes towards the goliath, shouting a command in goblin as he goes that causes the goblins to stand taller. With the momentum of his sprint behind him, he swings his flail up and into the side of Ilikan, but manages to hit only his shield.

Here is the latest map. Note initiative order is now listed.

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp192/salt3d/Alpha/Alpha-1-2.jpg

Lycan 01
2011-05-22, 03:46 PM
Zimelda

Zimelda strides around Heather, taking up a position next to the table Ilikan is standing atop. She takes her mace in both hands, and with another harsh Elven oath, she brings it down on the head of the goblin in front of her. With the impact of the mace, she and Ilikan should be both granted holy protection. "Stand strong, Ilikan! Strike down the hobgoblin, while we handle the goblins!" she yells from beneath her hood.

Moving to F5.
Priest's Shiled attack on Goblin 8 at E5.

Priest's Shield attack: [roll0] vs AC

If it hits, me and Ilikan get +1 AC until the end of my next turn.

salt3d
2011-05-22, 08:23 PM
In a flurry of movement the goblins converge on the intruders. Most join their leader in attacking the goliath standing on the table, but only one manages to penetrate his armor, leaving a small scratch on his ankle.

With her attention elsewhere, two of the goblins succeed in striking Zimelda, their swords colliding with her from both sides and leaving a symmetrical pair of gaping wounds.

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp192/salt3d/Alpha/Alpha-1-3.jpg

Demonicheart
2011-05-23, 03:38 AM
Heather grew a little concerned over the goblins success at striking Zimelda...almost to the point she considered using her more blantantly vampiric abilities during the battle. However, the thought was short lived, She said she was a cleric. Those wounds will be nothing to her soon so let's focus our attention elsewhere, yes? With a small smirk she commented, "I've got your back Zimelda. You just worry about the front." The robed woman turned towards the goblin to her right and once again threw an open palmed 'punch' but this time it was different. Dark energies coursed around her hand and she had to make an effort to hide part of her attack from her companions. Regardless, she was eager to see the effects of her attempted blow and feel the goblin's life force flow into her body.

Round Actions
Standard Action: Taste of Life (Dex VS Fortitude) against Goblin 9 in G6
Damage Roll [roll1]
If Hit Effect: Gain 4 Temp Hp

Thievery Check to move her hand out of view from her allies and hide the glow: [roll2]

salt3d
2011-05-23, 08:48 AM
As Heather strikes the goblin it shrivels slightly as its life force is drained in an instant. None of the rest of the party see anything unusual save Ilikan who notices from his elevated vantage point a slight purple glow at the moment of impact.

The glow was only barely noticeable, so it is up to Ilikan to decide if what he saw is worth mentioning to the rest of the group.

In case it wasn't clear the goblin is dead. You guys can manage without a new map at this point.

IcemanJRC
2011-05-23, 06:31 PM
Ilikan glimpses a purple glow off to his right, but he ignores it, deeming it more important to le out a furious bellow, striking fear into the hearts of those that surround him. He then heaves his war hammer into the air and rings it down upon his Hobgoblin adversary.

Uses Nature's Wrath(Free action) all adjacent enemies are marked, they take a -2 to attack rolls that do not include me as a target also if they attack one of my allies I have a selection of powers I may use as an Immediate Interrupt or Reaction. Those marked are Goblins number 2, 3, 4, 10, 13 and the Hobgoblin.

Melée Basic Attack on the Hobgoblin.

Con v. AC
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

bladescape
2011-05-23, 10:24 PM
Mavion's eyes glitter as the flames once again rise up around him. "Those who cannot comprehend true danger rush to their deaths. So be it." The flames conjured to his hands again, Mavion roaring as he throws his arm forward, the flame leaping from it to burn the goblins once more.

Arcing Fire Gobbo 10:
To Hit vs. Reflexes: [roll0]

Plus 3 damage to Gob's 2,3 and 4.

salt3d
2011-05-24, 09:57 AM
Mavion's burst of fire shoots higher than expected, and sails harmlessly overhead. It reaches the back of the room and consumes the gong. Once the magic fire dissipates the gong is left standing, but it is red hot.

Ilikan's hammer finds the head of his adversary. Upon seeing the prowess of the goliath first-hand, the hobgoblin grunts in approval. He smiles briefly before once again swinging his weapon at Ilikan.

Ilikan positions his shield well, but the chain of the flail wraps around it and the spiked ball strikes him in the back.

Ilikan takes 10 damage, and cannot shift if at least two enemies
are adjacent to him (save ends).

Lycan 01
2011-05-24, 12:56 PM
Zimelda

Rage flares in Zimelda's eyes as the goblin blades bite into her flesh. She lets out what sounds like a steam of curses in Elven, and the blood dripping from her armor ceases to flow. She then swings her mace with enough force to remove the head of the goblin in front of her, should the blow connect.

Zimelda uses Healing Word on herself, to spend a Healing Surge and recover an extra 1d6 HP, and then another 3 HP from her Healer's Lore class feature. I don't even need to roll the 1d6, since she'll be back at full HP without it.

She then smacks Goblin 13 at E5 with Priest's Shield.

Attack: [roll0] vs AC

If it hits, Zimelda and Ilikan gain +1 AC until the end of her next turn.

salt3d
2011-05-25, 07:03 AM
Zimelda's mace succeeds in removing the goblins head. It sails half way across the room before rolling to a stop against the stone block. The goblin's ally attempts a retaliatory strike against her but is too horrified by the sight of the decapitation to make much of it.

One of the goblins surrounding Ilikan ducks around the hobgoblin to take a better position, but the goliath notices and brings down the full force of his hammer upon the creature's head as it arrives in the new position. The goblins crumples to the floor.

With his back turned, Ilikan offers an easy target for the other goblins. In unison they thrust their swords at his legs, the only part of him they can reach.

Ilikan takes 9 damage. He also had an opportunity attack which I rolled on his behalf to keep things moving. He hit! :smalleek:

Also I've forgotten again to update the count of goblins. Maybe I should remove that for next time.

For the next three players you may take your turns in whatever order you like. Cheers.

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp192/salt3d/Alpha/Alpha-1-4.jpg

Demonicheart
2011-05-25, 09:47 AM
Heather was pleased with the flow of the battle. Although Mavion's aim was a little off with his last spell, the group was performing well against the beasts. She was confident that barring outside interference, there would be little need for her to go all out in this fight. She chuckled a little as she called out to the dragonborn, "I know it makes a loud annoying sound like the runts but that's a gong. You wanna hit the goblins." It was clear from her tone that she meant her comment in jest.

Trying to refocus her attention, she once more raised her palm and attempted to backhand the only other goblin standing behind Zimelda. Naturally her own strength made such a simplistic move downright deadly to some. She wanted to keep true to her word that she would guard the cleric's back. However, she noticed her foe wasn't quite as stupid as his allies and started to duck under her swing. Heather blinked a bit under her mask and commented, "You're quick...this might be a little interesting."

Round Actions
Free Action: Heckle Mavion and then put her foot in her mouth :smallwink:

Standard Action: Vampire Slam on Goblin 4
Attack Roll (Dexterity vs Reflex): [roll0]
If Hit Damage: [roll1] and push one square.

bladescape
2011-05-25, 07:22 PM
Mavion shakes his head, The battle was proceeding well, if not for the goblins idiocy. "Do not point out another's mistakes if you are going to do similar yourself" Mavion reprimands somewhat good-naturedly before holding his hand out to throw another burst of fire.

Arcing Fire, yes, again, on Gobbo 3 :
Attack roll: [roll0]

And if that hits, I'm pretty sure 2 and 4 both give it cover so 3 damage to them too.

salt3d
2011-05-26, 08:39 AM
Perhaps because of his hurt pride after the horrible miss, Mavion produces a burst of focused fire that incinerates three of the goblins. Not even a pile of ash between them remains after the magical flames consume the creatures.

The hobgoblin looks on in horror at the annihilation of his minions, and turns towards the back of the room. He makes a wild swing with his flail as he heads back to the gong, barely reaching Ilikan and brushed aside easily by the goliath's shield.

The gong is still red hot from the sorcerer's fire, so the hobgoblin swings his flail at it, producing a strange sound that reverberates around the room. He then turns back to his assailants, roaring in defiance.

Ilikan's turn is delayed. He gets an opportunity attack against the hobgoblin, but I'll let IcemanJRC roll it this time as part of his turn. It's now Ilikan and Zimelda's turns.

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp192/salt3d/Alpha/Alpha-1-5.jpg

Lycan 01
2011-05-26, 01:56 PM
When the hobgoblin goes to retreat, Zimelda lashes out with her mace. She tries to strike him in the lower back, attempting to crack his spine as he flees.

After attack the Hobgoblin, she whirls around and smashes her mace down on the skull of the remaining goblin. Once again, as she strikes her enemy, she imparts divine protection to herself and Ilikan.

If she manages to kill the Goblin, she will then turn to look across the room at the Hobgoblin. She will reach out her hand and speak another oath, attempting to summon Darkfire. If she succeeds, a halo of flickering purple flame will materialize above the hobgoblin, bathing him in baleful light.

"Go, Ilikan! Strike him down!" she will exclaim, before charging across the room to close the distance with the remaining enemy.

Free Action:
Attack of Opportunity on Hobo: [roll0] vs AC
Damage against Hobo: [roll1]

Standard Action:
Priest's Shield attack on the Goblin: [roll2] vs AC
Damage: [roll3]
+1 AC to Zimelda and Ilkian if it hits.

~If Goblin is dead~

Minor Action:
Darkfire: [roll4] vs Reflex
If it hits, the target grants combat advantage to all attacks, and can't benefit from invisibility or concealment.

Move Action:
Move to C3.

IcemanJRC
2011-05-26, 10:11 PM
I WILL END YOU!
Ilikan bellows, his temper getting the better of him. He rockets towards the fleeing hobgoblin after swinging at his fleeing form. He heaves his hammer and strikes hard on the Hobos head.

Opportunity Attack
vs. AC
[roll0]
Damage:
[roll1]

Charge at Hoblgoblin
Move to C2
vs. AC
Charge attack:
[roll2]
Damage:
[roll3]

salt3d
2011-05-27, 09:10 AM
The goblin tumbles out of the way of the cleric's attempted strike, and the lack of a target for her mace to hit causes Zimelda to lose her balance momentarily. Ilikan swings furiously at the hobgoblin as he turns towards the gong, but the goliath's hammer is out of reach from the height of the table. Ilikan drops quickly to the ground and sprints after his target, bringing his hammer down between the hobgoblin's shoulderblades at the same instant the gong is struck.

The goblin chases after the pair in an effort to lend assistance to his leader, but even from behind it can see no gap in Ilikan's armor. Instead it runs to the cauldron full of wine, and tips it over towards Ilikan. The goliath's feet begin to slip out from under him, but he braces himself with his hammer on the floor and regains his footing.

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp192/salt3d/Alpha/Alpha-1-6.jpg

bladescape
2011-05-27, 09:30 AM
Mavion growls at the Hobgoblin, his hands now burning with fire. "Calling help wont save you. Your fate has been sealed already." Putting his hands together, then spinning and throwing the massively built up fire in a spiralling fireball.

Explosive Pyre on Hobgoblin:
Attack vs. Reflexes: [roll0]

1d6 damage to any enemy that starts or moves into a square adjacent to him.(Doesn't effect PC's.)

Demonicheart
2011-05-27, 04:16 PM
Although no one could really tell because of her mask, a grimace crossed Heather's face as she heard the gong ring out. She didn't blame anyone for this event. There was nothing that could be done about the alarm. Still, if the young woman was going to be forced into another encounter so soon after this one neared completion, she was going to gather as much information as she could, "...here's hoping the rest of the goblins are lazy and slow. A six second warning is better than nothing." With that, Heather immediately headed for the nearby stairs to try an gleam what threat the group would have to face next.

Round Actions
Move Action: This really depends on how far Heather must go up the stairs before she can either see or hear anyone coming down them. At her max move, she can reach B7 but if she can learn what she needs to know without going that far, she will stop anywhere along the left side of the stairs.

Standard Action: Perception Check to get a hint of what lies in store for the party.
[roll0]

salt3d
2011-05-28, 07:59 AM
The hobgoblin sees the spiralling fireball flying at him from the other side of the room, and just has time to duck as it sails over his head and crashes into the gong. Still red hot from the previous blast, this time the gong is unable to withstand the heat and begins to melt, dripping molten brass on to the stone floor.

The hobgoblin spits back at the sorcerer, "I wasn't calling for help. I was sending a warning. You may have sealed my fate, but in doing so you have also sealed your own." He then swings his flail, which glances off the top of Ilikan's shield and into the side of the goliath's head.

Heather makes her way up the stairs to assess the incoming threat. Seeing nothing, she begins to head back down.

Ilikan takes 7 damage, and is marked and slowed until the end of the hobgoblin's next turn.

The four black squares in the top right of the map are the next level up in the tower, so you can see what is up there from 7C. I allowed Heather to move 1 square back down the stairs after checking out the situation. The room is the same size as the ground floor. The north half of the room is well lit and quite obviously empty. The southern half is fairly gloomy and details are hard to make out. In any case it appears there are no reinforcements on the way, even after rolling a 9. :smallsmile:

EDIT: If Heather is going to move off the stairs to the west, she will need an Acrobatics check to do so.

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp192/salt3d/Alpha/Alpha-1-7.jpg

Lycan 01
2011-05-28, 10:44 AM
Zimelda charges across the room, ignoring the Hobgoblin's words. He needed to die, whether he spoke Common or not. She takes up position next to Ilikan, and whispers words of support to him. "Stay strong, you are doing well," she says, subtly passing divine support to Ilikan through her words.

She then grips her mace with both hands, and the weapon begins to glow purple light. With with a feral growl she swings it at the Hobgoblin's face, which is still basked in a baleful glow from the flickering halo of purple flame over his head. If the attack lands, her righteous fury should invoke a blessing of healing from her patron deity, which she will channel into Ilikan.

Move Action: Move to C3
Swift Action: Healing Word on Ilikan - he spends a healing surge and gains an additional [roll0] HP.
Standard Action: Healing Strike on the Hobgoblin.

The Darkfire lasts until the end of my turn, so he still grants combat advantage to me. Hurray for +2 to attack rolls! :smallbiggrin:

Healing Strike: [roll1] pretty sure that's a miss
Damage: [roll2]

If it hits, Ilikan gets to spend a healing surge and gain an extra 3 HP.

IcemanJRC
2011-05-28, 11:26 AM
WAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
Ilikan brings down his hammer again, this Hobgoblin will go down. No matter how many times he has to swing.

Standard Action
Melee Basic on Hobo
vs AC
Atk: [roll0]
Dmg:[roll1]

Mark him.

salt3d
2011-05-28, 06:12 PM
The hobgoblin deftly dodges Zimelda's blow, but in doing so leaves himself open to the goliath's attack. As Ilikan's hammer crashes into the hobgoblin, the goblin scoots around the upturned cauldron, swinging its sword. The puddle of wine, however, proves treacherous, and the goblin's sword misses its mark as it struggles to stay upright.

Goblin shifts to 2D. It's Mavion and Heather's turns.

Demonicheart
2011-05-28, 06:46 PM
Heather slowly descended the steps to rejoin the fray. She had mixed feelings about what she saw and suspected that there was a trap waiting further ahead. Still, guessing games would be completely useless at this point. Her group still had the two remaining stragglers to deal with before they could move on. She wasn't stupid enough to go scouting when the others weren't prepared for another fight. A glance was all she wanted and that was more than enough to satisfy her curiosity.

Heather drew a dagger from the depths of her robes why idly commenting, "The hobgoblin is right, no one is coming here to help him...at least none I could see. Probably planning a surprise for us later on...but let's focus on the now, shall we?" She briefly twirled the dagger in her left hand before suddenly throwing it at the final goblin standing. She figured that hit or miss, the dragonborn would finish what she started and she would retrieve her weapon later. She had several daggers but that didn't mean she wanted to part with all of them if she could avoid it. At least I won't be running across that 'wine' covered floor, slipping and looking like an idiot. This battle is nearly over anyway.

Round Actions
Minor Action: Draw Dagger
Move Action: Move to G6
Standard Action: Basic Ranged Attack with Dagger
Attack Roll (Dexterity vs AC): [roll0]
If Hit damage: [roll1]

bladescape
2011-05-29, 12:11 AM
Mavion's eyes glittered, the gong melts, his hand thrown forth to attempt to fry the still standing goblin commander.

Not too much spare time.

Arcing fire on HobGob:
To Hit vs. Ref: [roll0]

salt3d
2011-05-31, 08:19 AM
Heather's carefully aimed dagger plunges into the goblin's neck and it collapses to the floor. The blood that seeps from its wound mixes with the puddle of wine, creating bright red streaks through the muted purple fluid.

Mavion's next burst of fire unerringly finds its familiar target, seemingly curving around the hobgoblin and into the gong. The instrument dissolves into a pool on the floor.

The hobgoblin is caught mid-swing by the spatter of molten brass, and his flail crashes harmlessly into Ilikan's shield as he curses vehemently.

The last goblin is dead so it's free-for-all mode. Everyone gets a turn! :smallbiggrin:

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp192/salt3d/Alpha/Alpha-1-8.jpg

Demonicheart
2011-05-31, 10:11 PM
Heather couldn't help smirk under her mask. This battle was now nearly over. As much as she would have loved to make another remark about the dragonborn's aim, a better idea crossed her mind. However, she wasn't oblivious to her surroundings, Oh...what a clever thought...still it will have to wait a little later...focus on the mission.

She moved over towards the table idly making conversation to anyone who would bother listening to her, "To be honest, I pity our hobgoblin friend here...alone and isolated, it must be maddening to see his own demise right now." The robed woman took a seat at the table and focused her eyes squarely upon the hobgoblin. Even from beneath her mask, the slight glint in her eyes pierced through as she continued, "Why I wouldn't be surprised if the shock of this suffocating reality caused him to run around and drop dead from fear right before our eyes." Despite her hypothetical comment, the robed woman was working hard to make her words a deadly reality. Still, she was also trying to distract her own party by tricking them into thinking the situation was giving the hobgoblin a panic attack rather than Heather herself.

However, as her mind clashed with the Hobgoblin she felt that he was a bit more resistant than she was giving him credit for. The young woman grit her teeth and glared even harder trying to beat back his will.

Round Actions
Move Action: Move to F3
Minor Action: Fall Prone Sit down in chair
Standard Action: Dark Beckoning (Charisma VS Will)
Damage Roll: [roll1]
Target gets pulled 3 squares but since our warden and cleric are in the way, he remains where he is.

Edit: Since the attack missed, Heather uses Heroic Effort to add +4 racial bonus to the attack roll

Bluff to hide the fact that she's actually attacking (Note: Hobgoblin knows regardless of roll result because of the pain he'll feel): [roll2]

Lycan 01
2011-05-31, 11:33 PM
((Zimelda will delay her turn until after Heather's, so we can see the results of her attack. I will then act accordingly.

Also, Zimelda is at C3, not F5.))

Lycan 01
2011-06-02, 09:20 PM
Zimelda swings her mace with both hands, aiming for his side. The blow, if it connects, will hopefully cave in his ribs and finish the fight.

Base Attack: [roll0] vs AC

Well, that's a fail...

bladescape
2011-06-02, 09:36 PM
"Hurumph." Is all Mavion says as he attempts to hit the HobGob now that that annoying Gong is out of the way.:smallwink:

salt3d
2011-06-03, 09:19 AM
The hobgoblin winces in pain and holds one hand to his head as he reels from Heather's mental attack. He recovers just in time to see Zimelda's mace heading for his side, and dodges out of the way in the nick of time.

Mavion's timing couldn't be worse as he finally pinpoints a burst of fire at the hobgoblin's head, but the act of dogding the cleric's attack takes him out of the line of fire and the flames explode against the wall behind where the gong used to be.

The hobgoblin swings his flail back at Zimelda, but he is off-balance as he does so and the weapon misses by a long way.

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp192/salt3d/Alpha/Alpha-1-9.jpg

Lycan 01
2011-06-03, 05:28 PM
"Why won't you die?!" Zimelda snarls as she swings her mace in another wide arc, trying to smash the Hobgoblin's face in.

Basic Melee Attack: [roll0]

Demonicheart
2011-06-04, 10:29 AM
Heather stifled a small laugh at her party's rage. True, she thought this hobgoblin was surprisingly resistant but she was confident that he was already a walking corpse. It was just a matter of seconds though she hoped he wouldn't keep dodging their blows over the course of several minutes. She continued her idle commentary as the battle progressed, "Well, isn't he just the resilient little target. Its cute in a way...fighting against a fate everyone can see...struggling to survive just six seconds longer than before...but in the end, Futile!" Once more, Heather stretched out her mind outward and attempted to bring the hobgoblin to his knees without lifting a finger.

Round Actions

Standard Action: Dark Beckoning (Charisma VS Will)

Bluff Check though I imagine those who passed the first one know that she isn't just sitting around doing nothing: [roll2]

bladescape
2011-06-04, 08:58 PM
Mavion almost looks like he's about to throw his hands up in exasparation. The continual missing of the goblin was somewhat infuriating. At least, if anything, it was only a matter of time until they hit.

He throws another fireball.

Back to the normal drill.
Arcing Fire
Hit vs. Reflexes: [roll0]

And lets hope this one actually hits, shall we?

IcemanJRC
2011-06-06, 05:49 PM
Why?! Why Goblin still fight?!
Ilikan roars in confusion and anger, slinging his hammer into the hobgoblin once again, he hopes it hits and will bring an end to this worthless fighting.

vs AC

Damgae
[roll]210+6

Mark him again.

salt3d
2011-06-08, 06:18 PM
The hobgoblin freezes in place, paralyzed by Heather's words. His eyes turn towards her with a pleading look as the blood drains from his face. A split second later Mavion's fireball strikes the hobgoblin. The streak of flame appears to pour into his head, after which the head is simply no longer there.

The rest of the hobgoblin's body tips over backwards into the still molten pool of brass that was the gong. The sound and smell of sizzling flesh fills the air. Panicked goblin voices can be heard briefly from upstairs before falling silent.

Congratulations, you have completed this encounter. You now have time for a short rest. Ilikan will need to spend an additional healing surge on top of whatever he uses to heal up.

Demonicheart
2011-06-08, 06:29 PM
Heather arched a brow beneath her mask as she gazed at the stairwell. It was clear as day that whatever forces remained in the tower knew it was being attacked and were planning a trap. She muttered a small curse under her breath before speaking loud enough for her party to actually hear her, "I only got a glance but the southern side of the room upstairs was darker than the rest. If I were waiting for four intruders, that's where I'd hide...but that's just me."

Although Heather didn't completely need the rest, she certainly wouldn't object to it. If anything, it gave the group time to plan out a strategy for the next floor, "So...what is the plan? Walk right up there knowing its a trap or ambush...or do we have some other options." This was a group effort, so she wanted to hear what everyone else had to say.

Heather will take a short rest to regain her encounter power. No healing surges spent. She can still talk and rest at the same time.

IcemanJRC
2011-06-08, 06:35 PM
Ily tired... Can friends let Ily rest?
Ilikan smiles weakly as he presses his large hand against his bleeding wounds.

Ouff...
Ilikan sits down and rests his back against the nearbye wall. Holding his side to keep the blood down and heaving as his breath comes in gasps. His large form bobs up and down as he breathes in and out heavily.

Friends keep going, Ily keep going though.

Spending three surges plus the extra to regain 33 HP. Only 28 is nescasary.

bladescape
2011-06-08, 06:49 PM
Mavion walks over to lean against the wall where he can keep an eye on the stairs, he is not going to let his guard down, even to rest.

Lycan 01
2011-06-08, 07:36 PM
Zimelda sighs. Finally, the brute was dead. She notices Ilikan is wounded, and decides to offer her aid. "There is no need to hurry. If we wait a moment, I can use my powers to heal your injuries."

Zimelda can recover her two Healing Words from a short rest. She can use them both to let Ilikan spend two healing surges and receive a total of 6+2d6 extra HP. That way, he ends up saving a Surge. I'll have to rest again after that, though. But I think 5 extra minutes won't kill us...

IcemanJRC
2011-06-08, 07:42 PM
No. Shadow Lady need to save magic for later. Ily just need to take some time. Goliath heal fast.
He huffs several more times, grabbing onto his hammer as a prop to lift himself, he rises.
We go soon.

It's not worth it to save a single surge. I have 9 left.

salt3d
2011-06-08, 07:42 PM
The silence seems somehow to emanate from upstairs, as if it is being forced. After a minute's steady watch, Mavion is convinced whatever is up there is content to wait for the party to ascend the stairs.

Feel free to take two short rests to recharge your Healing Word. :smallbiggrin:

Lycan 01
2011-06-08, 08:04 PM
"I can easily recover my magic with another rest. Still, if you do not wish to have my aid..." Zimelda shrugs, making her way towards the foot of the stairs after her short rest. "Well, shall we? Perhaps our Sorcerer friend should immolate the darker side of the room first, in case something is actually hiding there."

Granted, Zimelda could have scouted ahead and seen for herself what was up there. But she didn't want to have to explain to the others how or why she could see in the dark.

bladescape
2011-06-08, 08:44 PM
Mavion looked up at the darkness. "Is that what is wanted? I'd rather not burn anything I don't have to." He rumbled, glaring at Heather as if daring her to make a comment about the gong.

OOC: You know, both of the female's have something to hide!! LOL.

Demonicheart
2011-06-09, 04:05 AM
A slight snicker could be heard beneath Heather's mask but aside from that she let Mavion's silent challenge go unopposed. She had other thoughts in mind for her response and that could wait until they weren't in a goblin filled lair.

She finally stood up from her seat and carefully retrieved her dagger from the neck of the goblin. She turned her back towards the party and appeared be inspecting her blade to see if it was still serviceable. She briefly put away her ki implement and used her now free hand to shift her mask to the side. Heather brought the dagger in close and subtly licked the goblin blood off of it. It wasn't a full meal by any means but combined with her previous taste of life energy, it would be enough to tide her over.

Once she was finished her 'inspection', she pulled the mask back over her face and cleaned the remnant of blood off on the goblin's own clothing. She figured that with the wine mixing in, it would be hard to tell how much was actually from the dagger. With a clean dagger, she put it away and redied her ki implement once more. Heather idly commented, "I'm ready to move on. We may as well greet our hosts since we are the guests of honor."

Thievery check to keep her dagger out of view so no one knows she's drinking blood and merely think she is inspecting her weapon.

[roll0]

Also if the group moves on before I can post again, Heather will move up but she will be using total defense as she moves.

salt3d
2011-06-09, 07:19 AM
You ascend the stairs with no great concern for stealth since it is almost certain that you are expected. You expend some effort, however, in assuring you are not ambushed and are somewhat surprised to see nothing waiting for you at the top of the stairs.

The floor in the center of the room is a sagging ruin that looks dangerously unstable. To the west is a pile of broken stones and bones. In the southwest corner is a low wall covered in a faded tapestry. In the shadows of the southeast corner stands a wooden platform of recent construction; it is nearly ten feet tall. North of the platform, a spiral staircase proceeds up to the next level. Flitting shadows on the platform suggest movement.

The north wall holds a number of torches that provide good lighting for about half of the room. The southern half of the room is progressively gloomier, so much so that you can only just make out the south wall.

As you step off the stairs and into the room, the bones in the northwest corner of the room begin to rattle, and before you can blink three skeletons have animated. What's more, their bows are already drawn!

You guys won initiative so you get to go first. Lucky you!

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp192/salt3d/Alpha/Alpha-2-1.jpg

Demonicheart
2011-06-09, 04:06 PM
Although it was concealed by her mask, a look of complete disgust crossed Heather's face. She had been looking forward to a live meal on this next floor and instead all she was getting so far was bloodless animated bones. She could probably dine on the magical energy coursing through their forms but the female vampire found that thought unappealing. She didn't bother to hide her disgust, "So that's their game...toss corpses at us to wear us down before facing us. Clever, if a little boring."

Once more the robed woman focused her mind on one of the skeletons. She was making an assumption that despite their fearsome demeanor, they were weak in will, "And such shoddy work too...why I imagine that one over there will start cracking as soon as it moves forward." A dark glow briefly entered her eyes as she stared directly at the skeleton. Considering her proximity to the others, she had hoped they wouldn't notice given the danger ahead. However, Heather had grown a tad arrogant in her ability to bluff her way through her attacks.

Standard Action: Dark Beckoning on Skeleton 3 in B3
Attack Roll (Charisma VS Will): [roll0]
If Hit Damage: [roll1]
If Hit Effect: Skeleton is pulled to B6

Bluff check to blame her attack attempt on shoddy necromantic craftsmanship: [roll2]

bladescape
2011-06-09, 07:42 PM
Mavion's hands clench as the skeletons crawl out of the corner. He had no regard for the undeads life like he has for the living, he will never regret sending them to their eternal rest. "Undead are a distraction, they won't even wear us down." He growls at the vampire, glancing long enough to notice a glow. Just as she made the comment about breaking too....

Magic? It could be, although she seemed to not particularly want anyone to realise it was that. Mavions thoughts were pushed aside for a moment, he would log that piece of information for later and mull over it then, for now there were Skeletons to deal with. Time for a few more fireballs. Unfortunantly his aim was somewhat distracted by the odd occurance he'd surveyed.

Arcing Fire on B1, Skel 1.

Meh, three minions isn't much.

IcemanJRC
2011-06-09, 09:59 PM
Ily wait. Ily gonna protect friends. This susp-ik-you-oss...
He says determidly, his pledge of protection not qutie as dramatic as he stumbles over the words suspicious. He swings his hammer idly and watches carefully.

Gonna delay for now. Wait till somebody either gets close or somebody else comes out. Unless they start to take a hit or two. Then I move into action.

Lycan 01
2011-06-09, 10:36 PM
"I say we handle them quickly, before they can harry us with their arrows," Zimelda growls, gripping her mace with both hands. She bursts into a short sprint, quickly closing the distance with the skeleton dead-ahead of her. Using her momentum, she swings the mace down on the skeleton, and tries to smash her way through the undead.

Basic Melee Charge: [roll0]

salt3d
2011-06-10, 10:59 AM
The faint glow inside the skeleton begins to emanate from its chest towards Heather. As soon as it does, it disappears and the skeleton collapses into a pile of bones.

Mavion glances at Heather at just the wrong time and his fireball is misdirected, scorching the wall in front of the skeleton. The skeleton looses an arrow at the sorcerer at the same time but the projectile is consumed by the fireball before reaching him.

Taking her cue from Ilikan, Zimelda rushes headlong at the last skeleton, striking it square in the chest and shattering it into tiny fragments.

With her position exposed, Zimelda draws the attention of the hidden goblin snipers and two crossbow bolts hit her in the chest with a synchronised thud.

From the deep shadows atop the platform comes a shrieking voice, "I am Madgutt the Odiferous! Fear me!" A cloud descends over almost the entire room, causing those within to see double. Attempts to focus one's vision within the cloud result only in headaches and nausea. The voice cackles wildly.

I'll add the description later, but it's your turns now.

Please roll a Perception check for Ilikan.

Heather hits. Mavion misses. Zimelda hits.

Remaining skeleton misses Mavion with shortbow.

Goblin Sharpshooters hit Zimelda for 10 + 5 = 15 damage.

Goblin Hexer casts Vexing Cloud, area burst 3. PCs within the zone take a –2 penalty to attack rolls. The zone grants concealment to the goblin hexer and its allies.

The northeast and southeast 2x2 corners of the map do not have line of sight or line of effect to each other. The spiral staircase is in the way.

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp192/salt3d/Alpha/Alpha-2-2.jpg

Lycan 01
2011-06-10, 02:14 PM
"Gah!" Zimelda gasps, staggering as a pair of arrows rip into her side. She quickly wrenches them out, muttering a prayer of recovery over herself. The injuries quickly heal, and she just as quickly returns to combat. She takes several determined strides forward, then attempts to smash its skull in with her mace. Her righteous fury should act as a shield, serving to protect her. Armor of Contempt, so to speak.

Zimelda uses Healing Word to recover 7+3+[roll0] HP.

She then then moves to A1 and attacks the Skeleton with Priest's Shield.

Attack: [roll1] vs AC

If it hits, she gets +1 AC until the end of her next turn.

Sweet! Back to full health, and +1 AC! :smallbiggrin:

IcemanJRC
2011-06-10, 02:56 PM
Ilikan's eyes are sharp as he spys out, cathcing a glimps of every enemy.
Ily knew it!
He shouts raucously as he charges towards one of the sharpshooters, hammer held high.

Perception: [roll0]

If the sharpshooters are on level I'll charge to F5 and make a swing at the sharpshooter, otherwise I'll try to jump up.
Athletics check if I have to jump
Athletics: [roll1]

For charge:
Attack v. AC: [roll2] -2 from Hex
Damage: [roll3]

Demonicheart
2011-06-10, 05:26 PM
If the mask had not concealed her expression, the look of concern would have been evident. This little trap was turning into a deadly one. The goblins were seemingly safe atop a raised platform and were free to take pot shots at the group. Furthermore, she could sense the haze the spellcaster had put up to protect his allies. It would certainly hinder the eyes of any normal human...thankfully, she stopped being normal a few years earlier. Still, that hardly changed the situation. It looks like I might have to get a bit more proactive this bout.

Heather moved carefully along the North wall. She hadn't forgotten how unstable the center of the room looked and preferred to remain near the sides. The last thing she wanted to do was test if the floor could hold her weight plus the Goliath. She silently prayed it was strong enough for the Goliath alone. As she moved along, Heather thought hard about her next move. If they want to stay up there...maybe I can bring them down here. Not the one near the center...I don't want to break the floor...but the other near the low wall... Once more the robed woman began her usual 'critique' of the situation, "Elevation is nice and good but it hurts quite a lot when you fall from it and that low wall can't provide protection to a goblin with two left feet." Once more she was channeling her dark energies...

Round Actions

Move Action: Heather moves to B3

Standard Action: Dark Beckoning on Goblin 1 in G1
Effect: -2 attack roll from shroud. Darkvision negates Concealment.
Attack Roll (Charisma VS Will): [roll0]
If Hit Effect: Attempt to move the goblin to D2. Due to elevation, the goblin needs to make a save throw. A success means he is only knocked prone and stays at G1. He fails, he falls and is pulled.

The usual bluff: [roll2]

bladescape
2011-06-13, 07:37 AM
"Bah." Mavion mutters as he trundles forward, turning to get a better view of the new enemies before throwing his next fireball.

Move to B4
Arcing fire on Hexer
To hit vs. Reflexes: [roll0]

salt3d
2011-06-13, 08:56 AM
Zimelda connects sweetly with her mace, sending the skull of the final skeleton sailing through the air. The rest of its body freezes in place, half way through a sword swing.

Ilikan's momentum carries him to the centre of the room before the unstable floor gives way, sending him crashing twenty feet to the ground floor amidst a pile of rubble.

Heather launches her mental assault at the goblin, but her target's reaction is obscured by the low wall save for a sharp scream.

Mavion underestimates the effect of the noxious cloud, and as he moves into it he can barely see the platform. His fireball crashes into the spiral staircase.

The goblin behind the low wall is affected significantly by Heather's mental assault, so much so that he can barely stand straight when he pops up to take a shot. He misses, but his companion is in no such trouble and hits Heather in the shoulder.

Two more bolts fly from the wooden platform, this time at the dragonborn. One causes a minor gash across the arm but the other plunges deep into Mavion's abdomen.

The hexer lets loose with another high-pitched cry, "Give up, and we only eat one of you!" Through the already foul cloud comes another, thicker, darker, that envelops Zimelda, pinning her in the corner.

Zimelda hits. Heather hits. Mavion misses.

Ilikan causes the unstable floor to collapse and falls 20 feet for 16 damage and is prone. In addition to standing up, Ilikan will need to spend a move action to get to C7.

Goblins 1 & 3 fire at Heather. 1 misses, 3 hits for 9 damage.

Goblins 2 & 4 fire at Mavion. Both hit for 11 + 5 = 16 damage.

Hexer hits Zimelda with Stinging Hex. Zimelda takes 13 damage if she moves during her turn (save ends). For clarity, any move action on your turn will trigger this effect.

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp192/salt3d/Alpha/Alpha-2-3.jpg

Demonicheart
2011-06-13, 05:45 PM
Heather looked down where the floor suddenly collapsed and winced behind her mask as she heard Ilikan's body collide hard with the previous level. She was distracted enough by the sight that she couldn't dodge the arrow that struck her shoulder. With Zimelda cursed by that annoying hexer and the dragonborn reeling from his own volley, Heather let out a deep sigh, "...I was really hoping I wouldn't have to get serious..." It would take time for the warden to make his way back up the stairs and considering the current condition of the party, holding back wasn't an option anymore.

Heather continued along the stable side of the floor and stopped just short of the goblins behind the low wall. With her back facing her allies, she slowly removed her mask and gave both goblins a very toothy grin, "...I am not anyone's dinner. Usually, its the other way around." As soon as she did this, her whole body seemed to break apart and form several dozen bats. The bats flew forward towards the two archers with a choir of shrill cries and launched their assault. In the mist of the chaos, Heather began to reform herself behind their ranks knowing full well they wouldn't see her until it was too late.

Round Actions
Move Action: Depends if I can move diagonally around B2. If I can, Heather stops at E2. If not, she stops at D2.

Minor Action: Put away mask.

Standard Action: Swarm of Shadows against Goblin 1 and 3.
Effect: -2 from shroud. Assuming -2 from concealment.
Goblin 1 Attack Roll (Dexterity VS Fortitude): [roll0]
Goblin 3 Attack Roll (Dexterity VS Fortitude): [roll1]

If hit damage roll: [roll2]
Effect: Heather teleports and becomes invisible till the end of her next turn. If she started in E2, she teleports to H2. If she started in D2, she teleports to G3

The goblins also take 5 ongoing damage (save ends) if the attacks hit.

And no more farce rolls, if Zimelda and Mavion don't realize she's a vampire from all this they're blind as bats. :smalltongue:

salt3d
2011-06-15, 07:36 AM
Heather's ghastly display leaves both goblins bleeding and disoriented. After failing to spot her, they fire wildly at Zimelda but both bolts miss.

The other snipers on the platform take aim at Mavion. One hits his arm and the other narrowly misses his head.

On the ground floor, Ilikan gets up groggily and makes his way up the stairs, a layer of stone dust coating his enormous figure.

Mavion ignores the pain of the bolts sticking out of him and launches another fireball in the direction of the hexer, but again his aim is poor and the hexer doesn't even have to dodge.

The hexer flings a dark cloud at Zimelda that wraps itself around her head, completely obscuring her vision and causing violent nausea. The hexer cackles gleefully, shouting "Bow before my eldritch might and despair!"

I figured if people weren't going to take their turns I'd oblige them. :smallwink:

Heather hits both goblins.

Ilikan stands and moves to top of stairs.

Zimelda is not in range of anything and uses Total Defense (+2 to all defenses). Fails saving throw vs Stinging Hex.

Mavion casts Arcing Fire at Hexer and misses.

Goblins 1 & 3 miss Zimelda with crossbows. Heather may make opportunity attacks against them (combat advantage from invisibility is cancelled out by concealment from zone so standard attack bonus applies). Goblin 1 fails saving throw; Goblin 3 succeeds.

Goblin 2 misses Mavion. Goblin 4 hits for 6 damage.

Hexer hits Zimelda with Blinding Hex for 11 damage, and Zimelda is blinded (save ends).

I can retcon in a minor action for Ilikan, Zimelda and Mavion (and a move action for Mavion) if anyone wants.

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp192/salt3d/Alpha/Alpha-2-4.jpg

Lycan 01
2011-06-15, 11:27 AM
"Gah! Condemnation! I am of no use, fight on without me!" Zimelda snarls to her comrades, trying to maintain her balance and resolve.

She did not remark on Heather's random transformation into bats. Zimelda knew enough about vampires to realize that was what she was. But it didn't bother her. After all, she had her own secrets...

Demonicheart
2011-06-15, 12:51 PM
As the goblins started to shoot at Zimelda once more, a small portion of the bats formed into a familiar open palm and attempted to snap both of their necks before disappearing once more into the bats.

Eventually, the bats massed into a rough outline of Heather and started to move towards the platform in the southeast corner of the room. Heather's left foot pushed the rest of her body off the ground towards the nearby stone wall while her right foot desperately pressed against a groove in the stone wall. The now reforming vampire was trying to use the momentum of her dash and a boost from the wall to lift herself up to the top of the platform.

The swirl of bats landed swiftly on the platform and positioned themselves behind one of the goblins that threatened Mavion. A familiar palm formed in mid-air and solidified back into Heather's arm, "You know, they say one shouldn't judge unless they walk a mile in someone else's shoes...maybe its time you relived my goliath friend's last six seconds!" With that, Heather completely reformed and seemed eager to push the goblin into the thirty foot pit her ally just fell through.

Heather wasn't foolish. She knew that with her body now whole again, the goblins would focus their attention on her. Of course, she still had a trick or two up her sleeve. The female vampire just hoped it would be enough.

Round Actions
Attack of Opportunity against Goblin 1
Effect: Replace Basic Melee with Vampire Slam, CA and Concealment cancel each other out.
Attack Roll (Dex VS Reflex): [roll0]

Attack of Opportunity against Goblin 3
Effect: Replace Basic Melee with Vampire Slam, CA and Concealment cancel each other out.
Attack Roll (Dex VS Reflex): [roll2]
Damage Roll: [roll3]

Move Action: Heather will attempt an acrobatic stunt to reach the platform and stop at H6 if she succeeds. If she fails, she'll likely stop moving at H4.
Acrobatics Roll: [roll4]

Standard Action: Since the roll doesn't change regardless, Heather will attack Goblin 2. If she made the jump, she will use Vampire Slam (Dex VS Reflex). If she didn't, she will use Dark Beckoning (Cha VS Will).
Effect: CA and Concealment cancel each other out.
Attack Roll: [roll5]

If Vampire Slam
Damage Roll: [roll6]
She will attempt to push Goblin 2 into square F4. If the goblin makes his save, he falls prone. If he doesn't, he falls 30 feet. :smallamused:

If Dark Beckoning
Damage Roll: [roll7]
Effect: She will pull Goblin 2 into square G4. Save, knocked prone and doesn't move. Fail, fall next to her.

Edited in light of acrobatic success.

bladescape
2011-06-15, 09:56 PM
Mavion snarled, his wounds troubling him but as the latest arrow pierces his hide his body seems to erupt in flames. His body seeming to form into scales as he takes a step back. "Your Eldritch might is a pathetic attempt to cow us, Fool. Learn to taste despair yourself." He spits. His eyes glittering as he raises his hands.

The fire spiraling around him seems to funnel around his outstretched hand, flying through the air to impact the magic user.

Activating Dragon Mantle, +1 to defenses until my next turn, and if anyone hits me then they take 1d6 fire damage. Scales of the Dragon, Dragonborn Fury and True Dragon's Soul activates, boosting my defenses to AC:20 Fort:18 Ref:15 and Will:19. I get a +1 to attack which cancels out half the hexer's effect.

Move action: to A4.
Standard Action:Explosive Pyre on the Goblin Hexer:

Whew, Being bloodied is the main bonus of this dude. Hopefully that makes me unable to be hit during this next turn, and if I hit, anyone next to the Hexer takes 1d6 fire damage at the start of their turn.(Gobbo 4)

salt3d
2011-06-19, 07:26 AM
Although the black cloud continues to hover around Zimelda's head, she can feel the other restrictive cloud dissipate and her movement is freed.

Heather takes full advantage of the goblins' inability to see her, snapping their necks simultaneously. The goblins fall into a tangled heap in front of her.

As Heather scales the wall to the top of the wooden platform, the goblin swipes at her with its sword, drawing blood. The goblin spins as Heather passes it and loses balance. Heather's retaliatory attack slams it into the platform with a crunch.

The hexer sees Mavion's spiralling fireball approach and grabs the nearest goblin to shield himself from it. The goblin is immolated, and the hexer is unable to avoid the fire as it splashes everywhere on impact.

The goblin at the edge of the platform swings its sword wildly as it stands up. Heather dodges out of the way easily, but the other goblin makes the most of her distraction to stab her in the back.

"Fool! Fool, he says!" shouts the hexer, as he fires another black cloud, this time at Mavion. As Mavion collapses to the floor, the hexer cackles wildly. "Eat them all, but start with him!"

Heather's opportunity attacks kill goblins 1 & 3.

Goblin 2 hits with an opportunity attack against Heather for 6 damage.

Goblin 2 makes saving throw against falling from Heather's attack.

Hexer uses Lead from the Rear power to transfer the target of Mavion's attack to the goblin adjacent. Attack hits and hexer takes the residual 1d6 damage at the start of his turn.

Goblin 2 misses Heather. Goblin 4 hits for 4 damage.

Hexer moves zone 1 square, and hits Mavion with Blinding Hex for 13 damage (critical). Mavion is blinded (save ends) and dying.

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp192/salt3d/Alpha/Alpha-2-5.jpg

Demonicheart
2011-06-19, 08:27 AM
Pain shot through her body as a goblin took a cheap shot at her back. Regardless of the attacks she was taking, Heather paid close enough attention to the flow of battle. It was still going to be a hard fought victory at best. "Ergh, Zimelda if you could do something to get Mavion on his feet...that'd be really helpful right now..." Heather knew that without some support, she would be in deep trouble. The wound in her back told her that she was already in deep trouble. Yet, the blood that seeped out of her body seemed to thin and slowly but surely the wounds began to close themselves. Heather was recovering on her own, I can't rely on my regeneration to get me out of this mess...I need to do something about that big mouth goblin. He's the biggest threat here.

With careful precision, Heather slid past the two goblins around her and focused her sights on the hexer himself, "I don't think we've been properly introduced, Madgutt was it? Name's Heather...pleased to EAT you." Her fierce eyes glowed upon the end of her 'friendly' greeting and her gaze resembled that of a hungry predator stalking its prey. With that, she proceeded to show this goblin exactly why Vampires were to be feared...

With the intent of pressing the goblin against the wall, she opened her mouth wide and showed her sharp fangs. The vampire bit down hard upon the spellcaster's neck doing her best to both sate her hunger and make his experience as painful as possible. Heather was not finished with her brutal assault as she used her implement, a small cobra statuette she carried in her left hand, to poison the goblin as well.

Round Actions
Enduring Soul: Heather Regenerate 2 hp per round while bloodied.

Move Action: Heather shifts to G7

Minor Action: Heather uses Hunter's Gaze on the Hexer. Until the start of Heather's next turn, the Hexer grants combat advantage while Heather is standing next to him. Heather gains a +4 to intimidate the Hexer until the end of the encounter.

Standard Action: Vampire Slam (Dex VS Reflex) on Hexer
Effects: CA and Concealment cancel each other out. -2 from shroud.

ACTION POINT!

Standard Action: Taste of Life (Dex VS Fortitude) on Hexer
Effects: CA and Concealment cancel each other out. -2 from shroud.
Attack Roll: [roll2]
If Hit Damage: [roll3] and Gain 4 temp hp

If either attack hits, Heather will use two free action powers.

Blood Drinker on the Hexer.
Bonus damage: [roll4] and steal 1 healing surge from him.

Cobra Strike Daily Item Power.
Deal 4 ongoing poison damage to the Hexer (save ends)

Lycan 01
2011-06-19, 11:25 PM
"Mavion's down? Lolth damn it!" Zimelda snarls, no longer caring to keep her allegiances secret. She stretches her hand out towards where the downed Sorcerer should be, and begins to mutter in Elven to her patron goddess. "<Webspinner hear my cry, strengthen yet the bonds that tie, tug at the silken strings of Fate, that we may rise and vengeance sate!>"

Minor Action: Healing Word on Mavion. He spends 1 surge, and gains an extra [roll0] HP.
Standard Action: Second Wind. I spend a surge, and add +2 to all my defenses until next round, IIRC.

salt3d
2011-06-21, 08:38 AM
After Heather's assault the hexer is left standing, but only just. Blood runs freely from its neck as it croaks, "You will-" before collapsing to the platform, dead.

Simultaneously, the goblins take aim at Heather, one with a crossbow and the other with a sword. Their feeble efforts are no match for her agility, and as she sways out of the way the crossbow bolt pings into the short sword at the precise point her head had been.

It's too much effort to remove the zone effect from the map, but it is gone.

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp192/salt3d/Alpha/Alpha-2-6.jpg

Demonicheart
2011-06-21, 09:14 AM
Heather let out a sigh of relief as she noticed the shroud dissipating. Her gambit had worked out well and now the group no longer had to worry about being blinded or paralyzed. Admittedly, Madgutt tasted about as bad as he looked and the female vampiress made a silent promise to wash the terrible sensation out of her mouth as soon as possible. However, that task would have to wait till later since her work was not done. She still had two surprisingly brave goblins still around her.

Despite her desires, she didn't bother to clean the blood off her lips as she focused on the goblins, "You are very brave...but really, I think I'd be running or begging for mercy right now in your shoes." She mentally finished, Not that its an option with our task, just giving my own two cents.

Her gleaming eyes glanced at the one trying to attack her with its sword," So...you still fight even though your deceased boss used you for a meat shield against a rather large fireball. Since I respect that, I'll leave you for last."

Finished with her commentary, she shifted back a step to her previous spot with a grin on her face...it was the same one she used when she tried to push the crossbow wielding goblin into the pit...Once more she resorted to her traditional one handed strike, hoping to knock the goblin off the platform. Apparently, she hadn't given up on that tactic yet.

Round Actions
Move Action: Shift to H6

Standard Action: Vampire Slam (Dexterity VS Reflex) on Goblin 2
Damage Roll: [roll1] and push 1 square to F4. If he saves, he's knocked prone and stays where he is. If not, he falls 30 feet. :smallamused:

Lycan 01
2011-06-23, 01:50 AM
Zimelda quickly makes her way across the room, eager to actually aid in the battle.

2 move actions to get to G4.

bladescape
2011-06-23, 02:24 AM
Mavion, standing up again finally after going down, glares at the remaining goblins. "Still fighting after your leader goes down?" He asks, before throwing yet another fireball.

Arcing fire on Goblin two.

salt3d
2011-06-23, 06:23 AM
Heather's strike sends the goblin flying, but it manages to catch the edge of the wooden platform. While it's still dangling, Mavion lines it up with ease and his fireball engulfs the goblin, which lets out a scream as it plummets to the ground floor.

The final goblin bravely swings its sword at Heather, but she dances out of its way effortlessly, clearly toying with it.

Heather hits but Goblin 2 makes saving throw to avoid falling.

Mavion hits, killing Goblin 2.

Goblin 4 misses Heather.

IcemanJRC said he would be back but hasn't posted so I took his turn for him.

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp192/salt3d/Alpha/Alpha-2-7.jpg

Demonicheart
2011-06-23, 06:43 AM
Heather frowned slightly as she saw the goblin catch the edge of the platform but it faded quickly once Mavion's spell finished the job. After dodging the last goblin's attack, she grinned, "Say, mind doing me a favor? When you see Madgutt again, tell him he tasted like rancid meat. Thanks." Eager to end this encounter quickly, she drew back her right hand and attempted to slam the goblin hard against the wall.

Round Action:
Move Action: Heather was at H6 even if the map said otherwise but I like the idea of her dancing around the attack so much...shift to G7 :smallbiggrin:

Standard Action: Vampire Slam (Dex VS Reflex) on the last goblin standing.

IcemanJRC
2011-06-23, 11:20 AM
Ilikan snaps out of a daze, his muscles rippling as his eyes regain focus, that fall seemed to have done a number on him, but here he returns to finish the job and assist his comrades.
Ily help squish gobo!
He leaps over to the goblin and swings down his hammer viciously.

Ilikan leaps(charge) to G7 and melle basic's the goblin.

Vs. AC [roll0] I forget, is a charge plus 2 to hit?

salt3d
2011-06-23, 10:54 PM
Heather's attack takes the wind out of the goblin. As it gasps for breath, Ilikan leaps on to the platform and flattens the goblin with his hammer, leaving behind little more than a red goblin pancake with a pair of arms sticking out.

Congratulations, you have completed this encounter. You may now rest. :smallsmile:

Charging gives a +1 to attack rolls but Ilikan still hit.

To save you the trouble, I will let you take 20 for your Perception rolls when searching for treasure (not just this time but every time). There is nothing to be found in this room.

This is my count of everyone's HP and surges remaining. If you think I've miscounted, please let me know.

Heather: 18/35 HP, 3/2 surges.
Ilikan: 28/44 HP, 10/14 surges.
Mavion: 14/31 HP, 7/8 surges.
Zimelda: 26/30 HP, 7/8 surges.

Lycan 01
2011-06-23, 11:05 PM
Zimelda sits down to catch her breath. "Well... That could have gone better..." she growls. She then looks over to Ilikan and Mavion. "Do either of you need me to heal you? Give me a moment, and I should be able to treat your injuries."

Zimelda then looks over at Heather, and makes a simple observation: "Impressive." Her tone is one of amusement, not of fear or sarcasm. She is genuinely interested by this turn of events. It was not often she got to observe a vampire. At least, that was what she assumed the woman was. She had no reason to fear or judge the woman, who had clearly been trying to hide her identity. As a Drow, she was almost in the exact same situation. In fact, she was now very curious to learn more about Heather...

bladescape
2011-06-24, 01:32 AM
"I would gladly accept your aid, follower of the Webspinner." Mavion replies, making known his knowledge of her allegience. The two ladies both had something to hide, but Mavion cared not much for prejudices, too much emphasis was put onto how evil Drow and Vampires were.

Lycan 01
2011-06-24, 02:20 AM
Zimelda turned her hooded head towards Mavion and silently stared. She seemed to study him for a few moments, before finally letting out a soft chuckle. "Heh heh heh... Judging by your respectful tone, it seems I have no reason to fear retribution from you for revealing my identity. Likewise, I feel I have no reasons to worry about Heather and Ilikan. Since that is the case..." She then reaches up, and pulls back the hood of her cloak, finally revealing her features. Purple-black skin, long white hair, violet eyes, and deceptive beauty.

The Drow shakes her head, loosening the tussle of silver hair formerly restrained by the hood. It falls down to frame her face, before she casually pins it back behind her pointed ears with her gauntlet-clad fingers. "Ah..." she sighs contently, looking up at the ceiling with a smirk. "Much better. You cannot imagine how tired I grow of constantly having to wear that condemnable hood. Well..." Zimelda quirks a silvery eyebrow at Heather, "You can likely relate."

She then looks over at Ilikan, and smiles cheerfully. She doubted Ilikan even knew what a Drow was. And after the way he'd asked about why they were killing the goblins, she doubted he'd have any reason to want to hurt her. "Ilikan, can you keep a secret?" she asks in a very warm and cheerful manner. "A lot of people don't like me because of what I look like. They don't care about who I am. They only care about what I am - a Drow. And a lot of people would want to hurt me if they knew what I looked like, or what I was. So you can't tell anybody what I look like, or that I'm a Drow. Okay, Ilikan? Can you keep that a secret for me?"

Demonicheart
2011-06-24, 03:26 AM
With the battle over, Heather proceeded to take out a rope and tie it to the top of the platform. She let hang down to the lower level so her allies could climb up without having to worry about falling. Afterwards, she took out a cloth and wiped the blood off her face. It seemed that she wasn't the only one keeping secrets. Zimelda's identity as a drow was surprising but the female vampiress had no qualms about it. We both had our reasons to hide...and here I was worried I'd be run out of the group.

She gave everyone a playful smirk, "I'm happy this isn't going to be a problem. Assuming you all didn't try to 'destroy the vampiress', I had this back up plan that involved me pretending to leave and then follow in the shadows to cover everyone anyway. I liked you all enough to do that. Much less hassle on my part this way really." Noticing Zimelda's attempt to convince Ilikan to keep her secret, she couldn't help but add in her own comment, "The same is true of me, Ilikan. I am a vampire. My body is...different than other humans and I need blood to survive. Most folks don't understand that and fear that I am some rabid beast that can't control herself. So, I like to pretend to be a normal human when I'm in a public place. Please keep my secret as well."

Her eyes drifted to the drow woman as she continued, "Don't worry about my wounds for now. The blood I drank will help with that...but...for the record, I wasn't kidding about my last comment to the goblin...think of the worst thing you've ever eaten and double that feeling...that's whats in my mouth right now." She was holding back a look of disgust as she dug into her pack and pulled out a waterskin and drank. Apparently she meant every word about the hexer tasting like rancid meat.

Heather is taking a five minute rest and using her Blood is Life ability. She loses the extra healing surge but is now at full health. She regains her encounter powers.

IcemanJRC
2011-06-24, 11:59 AM
Ilikan looks on in awe as the two women reveal themselves and tell him of their secret, his face evident with both confusion and interest.
Ily keep secret good. But Ily don know why? Why people wanna hurt pretty ladies? Pretty ladies nice and help Ily and we do good stuff for rude man and...
Ilikan trails off, distracted by a pain through his side as he shifts,
But Ms. Zim-er-eldaaa, Zim-eeelda, Zimelda... Ms. Zimelda can you heal Ily... Ily side hurt and Ily good, can go on, but Ily hurt...
He shifts again, but then smiles, disregarding his pain and picking up on the conversation again.
But Ily no understand why people hurt you. Ily not hurt you, Ily keep you safe. Ily promise, Ily keep all you safe! Even Dragonman!
He smiles wide and pumps his fist, but then grips his side in pain again,
Oof...

Lycan 01
2011-06-24, 01:27 PM
Zimelda smiles at the Goliath. "Miss Zimelda will help you Ilikan, because you're nice to her and keep her secrets. Give me a moment, and then I'll heal you up..."

After resting a moment, Zimelda walks over and holds her hands over Ilikan's injured side. She mutters a short prayer to Lolth under her breath, and immediately the wounds begin to knit and heal. "Do you feel better? Or does it still hurt?"

Short rest to recover Healing Words. Using 1 Healing Word on Ilikan. He spends a healing surge, and recovers an extra [roll0] HP.

IcemanJRC
2011-06-24, 01:30 PM
The wound knits up, the bleeding ceases and Ilikan smiles.
Ily all better! Thank you Miss Zimelda!
He cheers and stands,
We go squish gobos now!

Lycan 01
2011-06-24, 01:33 PM
Zimelda looks over at the Dragonborn. "Mavion, do you still require healing? You were grievously wounded in the fight, so I may not have been able to fully heal you earlier..."

bladescape
2011-06-24, 08:45 PM
He looks over the two ladies for a moment, before nodding to himself. Both with secrets to hide and both prejudiced against by the general public. The Dragonborn was not one to judge by prejudice, and was less likely to judge by race. Rather, the actions of the two had told him he had nothing to fear, and so he cared not for their origin.

"I will be fine." The Dragonborn mutters craggily. His silent recovery as they rest is complete as he stands up again, ready to finish this job.

I use two surges here to take me back to full health.

Demonicheart
2011-06-25, 06:43 AM
Happy to finally get the taste of goblin hexer blood out of her mouth, Heather put her waterskin away. Truthfully she was half-tempted to just take out the bottle of dwarven ale she picked up at the tavern and use that to kill the sensation. However, one single thought stopped her from doing that, That smelly runt Madgutt isn't worth chugging good ale over. Just because she was technically undead didn't mean she lost all feeling in her body. It only meant some sensations were dulled or heightened.

The wounds from the previous battle had closed completely as she absorbed the blood. Heather lowered the hood on her robes and she took a moment to stretch her right arm, "I'm ready to finish our task...just don't expect me to burst into bats again. That little trick takes a lot out of me." It seems she had no problem with showing her face completely now that everyone knew the truth. Aside from her deathly pale skin and the clear presence of fangs in her mouth, it would be easy to mistake her for another human.

A small smirk crossed her face as she looked at Mavion, "By the way...as a thanks for not having a problem with me. I'll stop teasing you about what happened earlier. Its a good thing too, I was thinking about giving you a present to remember this adventure. A self-made drawing of a gong. I guess I can only imagine the look on your face when you got that gift. Anyway, that's the last time I'll bring it up." With that, Heather turned her gaze towards the spiral staircase, eager to continue.

salt3d
2011-06-25, 10:00 AM
You ascend the spiral staircase to the next level. Sunlight fills the room. The roof is gone, and the spiral staircase continues up to nowhere. Much of the southern half of the room has fallen away. A large stone throne sits to the west with a pile of soiled bedding directly across from it. A circle of runes glows faintly on the floor. A shadow on the wall behind the staircase moves cautiously, giving away the position of a hidden foe.

In front of you stands a massive bugbear wielding a morningstar encrusted with blood and gore. Stepping down from the throne in the far corner is a goblin, wearing chainmail and brandishing a sword.

You guys won initiative again. Woot!

I am using a published adventure and the map is neither well designed nor explained, so instead of having to come up with a creative solution I'm going to say you all start from the top of the staircase at F8. If you attack from there while still sharing the square you will take a penalty due to being cramped for room.

The other squares representing the staircase are normal terrain, i.e. the PCs can still walk on the floor underneath the stairs, so go ahead and move through them if you wish.

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp192/salt3d/Alpha/Alpha-3-1.jpg

Demonicheart
2011-06-25, 01:12 PM
Heather cursed under breath as she noticed the open area and immediately grasped her hood and pulled it back over head. She was not about to be caught underneath the sun without some protection. So much for my reprieve. As she ascended the stairs, Heather glared at the runes on the floor and the cloud of darkness to the north. Her voice was rich with sarcasm as she commented, "So now the games are 'guess that glow' and 'hide and seek'? Lovely." Her eyes finally focused intently on cloud first, "I'm not in much of a mood to play either games." The shadows in the clouds could have been a trick on the eye but considering how much the goblins loved traps, she highly doubted it.

If she saw something in the cloud, it would face her fangs, otherwise she figured the bugbear would make a decent target and likely taste ten times better than Madgutt.

Unfortunately, between her hastily put on hood and the desire to not expose her head too much to the sun, she had trouble spotting anything, "Ugh...fine, new approach...Hey muscle head, I think you have something I desire." Her eyes locked on to the bugbear with the full intent of bringing him to them rather than going over to him. Heather found it difficult to keep her focus under the sun's heat but she tried her best.

Round Actions
Minor Action: Perception check to spot creatures in the cloud: [roll0]

If she spots something:
Free Action: Point it out to everyone else.

Move Action: Move to G7

Standard Action: Charge attack on the closest foe in the cloud
Effect: Replace Melee Basic with Vampire Slam, +1 for charging
Attack Roll (Dexterity VS Reflex): [roll1]
Damage Roll: [roll2]. No pushing.

With THAT roll...she likely sees nothing
Move Action: Move to f7

Standard Action: Dark Beckoning on Bugbear Warrior
Attack Roll (Charisma VS Will): [roll3]
Damage Roll: [roll4] and pull him to F6

If Needed Free Action: Heroic Effort: Add +4 to the attack roll.
New Attack Roll: 15

Free Action if she hits with either attack: Blood Drinker
Bonus Damage:[roll5]

bladescape
2011-06-25, 08:01 PM
Mavion just harrumps at Heather on hearing her idea of a momento, and ascends the stairs with the rest. He would stand at the end of this tower in victory. "Bugbear. You shouldn't've been here." He mutters, his eyes watchful as he holds his hand out towards the beast, small sparks coallescing into another burst of flame at the bugbear.

However, his concentration on the attack caused his eyes to be unfocused.

Perception: [roll0]
Alright, move to G7 if I'm allowed, cast Burning Spray on Bugbear.

To hit vs. Reflexes: [roll1]

If I hit, the next enemy to hit me in melee takes 4 damage.

Lycan 01
2011-06-26, 07:30 PM
Zimelda places her hood back up when she sees the sunlight. Once they reach the top and see the enemies, she quickly springs into action. Striding across the floor, she moves to circle behind the Bugbear so it has to expose its back to either her or her team. She then swings her mace with both hands, attempting to strike its back and shatter its spine, thus earning Lolth's favor.

Moving to G4 if possible. If Heather moved the Bugbear to F6, Zimelda will move to F5.

Priest's Shield: [roll0] +2 bonus for flanking?

IcemanJRC
2011-06-26, 08:24 PM
Grrr... Me take gobo!
Ilikan rushes towards the goblin and swings his hammer, bringing it down on the goblins head, hopefully.

Charge to E2?

Charge attack on the Goblin.
vs AC [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

salt3d
2011-06-27, 08:21 AM
The bugbear winces and howls in pain as it stumbles towards Heather. Before it can recover its footing, Mavion's burst of flame hits it and it roars, throwing its arms out in agony.

As Zimelda attempts to circle the bugbear, she runs straight into the outstretched morningstar. The drow falls to her knees and slides a short distance. As she comes to a stop on hands and knees, the floor beneath her gives way and Zimelda scrambles back on to solid ground. She swings her mace at the bugbear as she stands, making solid contact with its side.

As the floor gives way Ilikan is already running towards the goblin on the throne. He leaps over both Zimelda and the pit, landing in front of the goblin and bringing his hammer down. The hammer strikes the throne, knocking a chunk from it that hits the goblin as it dodges out of the way. The underboss tumbles over the side of the throne and stabs at Ilikan with its sword, piercing the goliath's thigh.

The bugbear finally shakes off the magical flames. It attempts to shove him off the edge of the tower, but underestimates the strength of the dragonborn and Mavion holds his ground.

From underneath the pile of soiled bedding emerge another goblin and two gray wolves. The goblin barks orders at the wolves, and one springs at Ilikan but manages only a muzzle full of shield. The other wolf leaps at Zimelda, sinking its teeth into her flesh and pushing her face-down on to the floor. The blackblade's sword narrowly misses Zimelda's head as she falls.

Heather and Mavion hit.

Bugbear gets an opportunity attack against Zimelda and hits for 18 damage (critical).

Zimelda triggers pit trap but avoids falling in, and her attack still hits bugbear.

Ilikan's makes Athletics check to leap over the pit. Ilikan hits the boss.

Bugbear attempts to bull rush Mavion but fails.

Boss hits Ilikan for 8 damage.

Wolf 1 misses Ilikan.

Wolf 2 hits Zimelda for 6 damage, and Zimelda is knocked prone.

Blackblade misses Zimelda.

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp192/salt3d/Alpha/Alpha-3-2.jpg

Demonicheart
2011-06-27, 06:45 PM
Heather enjoyed the taste of the bugbear's blood far more than Madgutt's and she briefly licked her lips before noticing all the other surprises the enemies were unleashing. "Well don't you clever goblins have a lot of 'games' going on here...its a regular party...and for the record the pits are getting old fast." As usual, Heather's voice was rich with sarcasm. Quips and taunts were just in her nature now. Seeing that more foes had appeared, she figured it was time to start doing some damage.

She briefly winked at Mavion and gave a small smirk, "Sorry to cut in but I think its my turn to wrestle with the Bugbear and make him take a dive. Maybe third time will be the charm." The dragonborn sorcerer could clearly see that she was lining up her slam attack in an attempt to push the enemy warrior into the pit.

However, that was all the warning the bugbear needed to avoid her shove. She barely managed to regain her balance and stop herself from rushing past her intended target into the pit. With a small frown she muttered, "...okay...next time, attack first...gloat later..."

Round Actions
Standard Action: Vampire Slam on Bugbear Warrior
Attack Roll (Dexterity VS Reflex): [roll0]
Damage Roll: [roll1] and push to F5. If he makes a save, he falls prone. If not, he falls in the pit!

Lycan 01
2011-06-28, 09:53 PM
Zimelda quickly staggers to her feet. "Condemnable canine. Here, I have a treat for you!" she snarls, before bringing her mace down on the wolf's head with all her might, and a bit of divine influence added for extra measure.

Move Action: Stand Up
Free Action: Channel Divinity - Divine Fortune
Standard Action: Healing Strike on Wolf 2.

Attack: [roll0]

If hits, I spend a Healing Surge, going back to full health.

bladescape
2011-06-29, 07:41 PM
"Hmmph." The Dragonborn mutters, as he steps smartly backwards from the Bugbear. "Considering what we've already done, I'm surprised these goblins aren't smart enough to run." He comments idly, before throwing another ball of fire, this time at a wolf on the other side of the room.

Shift to F8(Move action) then attack Wolf 1 with Arcing Fire, if it hits an additional 3 damage to Bugbear.

Arcing Fire(On Wolf 1)

IcemanJRC
2011-06-29, 07:57 PM
Ilikan growls at the wolf and then takes a swing at it,
BAD PUPPY!

Attack on Wolf
vs AC [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Mark surrounding enemies.

salt3d
2011-06-30, 09:38 AM
The bugbear stifles a yawn as it listens to Heather prattle on, before casually stepping aside as her attack is seen from a mile away.

As Zimelda's mace strikes the head of the wolf, a flash of radiant light emanates from the point of impact. Amazingly the beast does not die, even though its skull is half caved in.

Mavion's fireball strikes the other wolf, singing off most of its fur before Ilikan's hammer finds the wolf's leg with a resounding crack.

The boss goblin swings its sword and makes not even a scratch against the goliath's armor. The blow manages to distract Ilikan, though, and the wolf latches on to a piece of exposed flesh on his leg.

The bugbear swings its morningstar at Zimelda's head, but she turns and ducks just in time. The wolf now behind her leaps at the drow with a savage fury, knocking her flat on her face.

The blackblade sniggers at the retaliation it observes from its pets, before driving its short sword into Zimelda's lower back.

Sorry I forgot to take off the 18 damage from Zimelda for the first hit. She was actually on 6 HP before her turn.

Heather misses. Zimelda hits obviously (Wolf 2 is bloodied). Mavion hits. Ilikan hits.

Boss misses Ilikan, granting free basic attack to wolf. Wolf hits Ilikan for 8 damage (critical).

Wolf 1 misses Ilikan.

Bugbear misses Zimelda.

Wolf 2 hits Zimelda for 5 damage, and Zimelda is knocked prone.

Blackblade hits Zimelda for 10 damage.

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp192/salt3d/Alpha/Alpha-3-3.jpg

Demonicheart
2011-06-30, 11:58 AM
A small frown appeared on Heather's face as she observed the battle progressing. A part of it was due to the Bugbear's complete disinterest in her but even she had to admit that the goblins had rather durable pet wolves at their disposal. Granted the beasts were obviously on their last legs but the fact that they survived this much was a sign of good training, they don't deserve sturdy pets like these. Impressed or not, the vampiress knew she needed to focus.

Once more she pulled her right arm back as if throwing another of her signature slam attacks. However, it was her right leg that shot upwards towards the Bugbear's chest, "You look tired. Why don't you fall back and take a load off." While Heather preferred to use her hand to punish her foes, she knew that sometimes a bit of unpredictability can go a long way.

Round Actions
Standard Action: Vampire Slam Kick on Bugbear Warrior
Damage Roll: [roll1] and push to F5. If he makes a save, he falls prone. If not, he falls in the pit!

Lycan 01
2011-06-30, 11:20 PM
Zimelda lets out a sharp yelp as the goblin's blade rips into her lower back. Instinctively, she leaps to her feet despite the agony coursing through her body. "<Lolth, I beseech thee, mend my flesh and lift our spirits, and shroud us in the armor of contempt...>" she growls in Elven. Her flesh knits and her bruises disappear as divine energy heals her injuries, and righteous protection falls over her and her allies.

Still in pain, she grits her teeth and smashes her mace down on the wolf again, intent to end its life before it knocked her down again.

Okay... That was close... :smalleek:

Move action: Stand up
Minor Action: Healing Word to spend a surge and recover an extra [roll0]
Free Action: Dwarven Armor enchantment to recovery HP like I'd spent a surge.
Minor Action: Shield of Faith, all allies in Burst 5 (everyone) gets +2 AC for the rest of the encounter.

I'd then like to spend an Action Point to do make a Priest's Shield attack again Wolf 2.

Attack: [roll1]

If hit, me and one adjacent ally get +1 AC until the end of my next turn. If possible, I'd like to grant that +1 AC to Heather...

salt3d
2011-07-04, 09:27 AM
I don't have time for a description tonight but I wanted to squeeze in an update.

Heather hits bugbear. Bugbear saves against falling in the pit. Zimelda kills Wolf 2.

Wolf 1 misses Ilikan.

Boss misses Ilikan, granting free action MBA to Wolf 1. Wolf 1 misses Ilikan again.

Bugbear stands and hits Heather for 8 damage.

Blackblade hits Zimelda for 14 damage (critical).

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp192/salt3d/Alpha/Alpha-3-4.jpg

Demonicheart
2011-07-04, 01:44 PM
A grin appears on Heather's face as she takes the returning blow from Bugbear, "Glad to see I got your attention...pity you seem just about worn out. I think its about time for a change" While she was in a bit of pain, it was nothing compared to Zimelda's wounds. The vampiress fully believed that the goblin blackblade must have had training in the more...roguish arts. I have to do something about that annoyance...I'm nearly done with my current dance partner anyway. She pulled her right hand back and this time followed through with her usual attack.

However, she wasn't finished. After taking a careful step beside Zimelda, her eyes focused directly on the goblin that had been taking cheap shots at her, "Choose your doom, little goblin. Beaten to death by me, crushed under Zimelda's mace or incinerated by Mavion...on second thought...why choose!" With her quip done, Heather began her assault in earnest while trying to herd the goblin into Zimelda's mace.

Round Action
Standard Action: Vampire Slam against the Bugbear Warrior
Damage Roll: [roll1] and attempt to push to F5. The usual. Save = Prone. Fail = Plunge and splat.

Move Action: Shift to E7

Minor Action: Hunter's Gaze on Goblin Blackblade. The goblin grants Combat Advantage until the start of Heather's next turn as long as Heather remains adjacent to him. Heather gains +4 to intimidate against the blackblade until the end of the encounter.

ACTION POINT!

Standard Action: Vampire Slam against Goblin Blackblade
Attack Roll (Dexterity VS Reflex): [roll2]
Damage Roll: [roll3] and Heather chooses not to push.

Lycan 01
2011-07-04, 02:01 PM
Zimelda yelps as the goblin's blade punctures her armor and bites her flesh. She quickly puts her hand over the wound, and a faint purple glow is briefly seen. She then immediately goes back to fighting, and attempts to smash in the goblin's face with her mace.

Minor Action: Healing Word: Recover surge value +[roll0] extra HP.
Standard Action: Priest's Shield on the Goblin Blackblade.

Attack: [roll1]

If hit, +1 AC to me and Heather.

bladescape
2011-07-04, 08:01 PM
Mavion is ambling around again, not particularly bothered by anything it seems. He pauses, then throws another fireball while commenting jovially to his teammates. "Five seconds on the goblin, I bet." He rumbles, as though the fight was a contest of some sort.

Move Action:Move to D8

Standard Action: Arcing Fire on Wolf 1, 3 damage to Blackblade on a hit.

IcemanJRC
2011-07-04, 08:32 PM
PUPPY GO DOWN NOW!
Ilikan's eyes smolder as he brings down his hammer yet again.

Standard Action:
Attack Wolf 1
vs AC [roll0]

salt3d
2011-07-06, 07:04 AM
The blackblade is pummelled by Heather and Zimelda, but remains barely standing, frightened and angry.

The sight of Mavion incinerating the last of its pets, not to mention being caught in the trail of the fireball, causes the goblin to fly into a rage. It springs at the sorcerer, but its strength does not match its fury and it is unable to lift its sword.

The boss goblin dodges out of the way of the flaming wolf as it is turned to ash, and in doing so finds itself out of reach of Ilikan. In turn, Ilikan's hammer strikes the stone floor where the boss stood a moment before.

With the focus on the goblins, the bugbear takes his opportunity and lands another blow with his morningstar on Zimelda.

Heather misses Bugbear and hits Blackblade. Zimelda hits. Mavion kills Wolf 1. Assuming Ilikan attacks Boss instead of Wolf 1; Ilikan misses.

Boss misses Ilikan.

Bugbear hits Zimelda for 10 damage.

Blackblade misses Mavion.

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp192/salt3d/Alpha/Alpha-3-5.jpg

Demonicheart
2011-07-06, 09:31 AM
Heather cooed with mock concern as she noticed the blackblade's reaction to the death of the wolves, "Aw, did we put down your precious pets? So sorry about that. I know, we'll make up for it by sending you to them." Once more the vampiress resumed her beating on the goblin. It seemed like she had given up on attacking the Bugbear for the time being. If she had any concerns about the muscular foe being right behind her, she didn't voice them.

Round Action
Start Turn Effect: Goblin Blackblade no longer grants CA. +4 intimidate still applies...not that Heather is going to waste time intimidating a soon to be corpse. :smallamused:

Standard Action: Vampire Slam on Goblin Blackblade
Damage Roll: [roll1] and Push to C6.

Lycan 01
2011-07-08, 12:10 AM
"Since when did 'Hit the Drow' become everyone's favorite game?" Zimelda snarls, staggering slightly from the Bugbear's strike.

Second Wind to spend a surge and boost my defenses 'til next turn. Not much else I can really do...

salt3d
2011-07-11, 09:31 AM
The blackblade slips in the pool of his own blood and narrowly avoids becoming victim to Heather's strike. As it stands the goblin makes another feeble attempt to stab Heather with its sword. The bugbear swings its morningstar with ferocity and with decidedly more grace than the goblin she ducks under the weapon.

On the other side of the room the underboss dodges one way, then another, fooling Ilikan into leaning too far to his right, then striking with pinpoint accuracy at a gap in the goliath's armor.

Heather misses.

Bugbear misses Heather.

Blackblade misses Heather.

Boss hits Ilikan for 10 damage (critical).

No map update. Ilikan is now bloodied. Zimelda is no longer bloodied.

bladescape
2011-07-11, 07:35 PM
"Persistant, aren't they?" Mavion observes, sliding around the walls until he is in a better position.

Can't do much this turn, shift to C5.

Demonicheart
2011-07-12, 08:59 AM
Heather smirked a bit as she ducked and weaved around the goblin and the bugbear. She felt relieved that the two foes were ticked off enough at her that they seemed inclined to ignore Mavion and give Zimelda a reprieve from the abuse she was taking. Heather couldn't help add her own comment, "They're just jealous that we're more attractive and powerful than they'll ever be. Still, we should wrap this up soon so we can back up Ilikan." Of course, now it was the vampiress' turn to be stuck in the middle. She closed her right hand into a fist and pivoted quickly on her right foot. She hoped to backhand the goblin with her stylish assault.

Round Actions
Standard Action: Vampire Slam on Goblin Blackblade
Damage Roll: [roll1] and Heather won't push him if he's still alive.

IcemanJRC
2011-07-12, 01:12 PM
Stop hurting Ily gobo! You not hurt Ily no more!
Ilikan shouts as he draws his power from the ground around him, spiritual energys rising and coalescing around him in the shape of a large mountain.
You no touch Ily now!

Standard Action for Second Wind, spend a healing surge and gain +7 AC from second wind and earthstrength guardian's might.
Move action to shift to F3

salt3d
2011-07-14, 09:02 AM
Heather's backhand catches the blackblade flush on the cheek with a loud smack. A loud crack follows immediately as the goblin's head is thrown back and its neck snaps instantly. The blackblade's corpse collapses into the pile of soiled bedding.

As Ilikan assumes the form of a mountain, the underboss backs away sporting a confused look. It desperately searches for something to attack and charges the moment it catches sight of Mavion, taking a good chunk out of the dragonborn's arm with its sword.

bladescape I assume you meant C7 for the shift.

Demonicheart kills Blackblade.

Boss hits Mavion for 6 damage.

Bugbear misses Heather.

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp192/salt3d/Alpha/Alpha-3-6.jpg

Demonicheart
2011-07-14, 10:33 AM
The brief look of amusement faded from Heather's face as she noticed the last goblin standing charge straight at Mavion. Her attempt to keep the mage out of melee combat was ruined for now. Still, the dragonborn was hardly helpless and Ilikan would likely get annoyed at being left behind. Zimelda could also rejoin the fray easily. As long as they didn't screw up, this battle was theirs to lose.

Heather once again spun around in place as she built up momentum for her strike. Since this bugbear seemed to have a harder time with kicks, she decided to try another one. Her right foot rose sharply as the vampiress aimed for the bugbear's head. Oddly enough, Heather actually kept quiet during this attack.

Round Actions
Standard Action: Vampire Slam Kick on the Bugbear Warrior

IcemanJRC
2011-07-14, 12:52 PM
Ilikan's nose flares, his eyes widen, he screams at the tops of his lungs,
NO RUNNING FROM ILY!!!!!!!
His muscles flex and he charges for the goblin, his hammer raised high,
ILY CRUSH GOBO!

Let's see...

Move Action
Move to C5.

Free Action
Mark the Goblin.

Standard Action
Melee Basic Attack vs AC
Attack: [roll0] +2 from CA for Flanking so 21 vs AC

bladescape
2011-07-14, 08:16 PM
Mavion grits his teeth as he once again steps back from his opponent. "You goblins like playing 'Hit the insert random adventurer here' game, I see." He grumbles. "Shall I show you how we play 'fry the goblin?'"

Yes, C7. Shift backwards to C8, Burning Spray on Gobbo Lordy.

If he attacks me before my next turn, he takes 4 fire damage.

Lycan 01
2011-07-14, 08:20 PM
Zimelda lunges forward, trying to upswing her mace into the bugbear's chin. Hopefully, the force will break his neck. At the very least, it should fracture his jaw.

Priest's Shield: [roll0]

salt3d
2011-07-15, 11:00 AM
I don't have a text description for you. Instead, picture all of the below happening in super slow motion, with the following background music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2j-frfK-yg

I have rearranged the sequence of events somewhat.

Ilikan hits underboss.

Mavion misses underboss.

Underboss hits Zimelda for 5 damage.

Heather hits bugbear.

Zimelda misses bugbear.

Bugbear hits Zimelda for 16 damage. Zimelda is dying.

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp192/salt3d/Alpha/Alpha-3-7.jpg

Demonicheart
2011-07-15, 05:51 PM
For the briefest of moments, Heather was at a crossroads as she saw the battle progress. She was in the best position to help Zimelda and she knew exactly what was needed. However, a part of her feared that getting the drow cleric back on her feet would do little good if she was struck down once more. A part of the vampiress thought that it would be better if she focused on the bugbear while Ilikan made the goblin underboss pay for ignoring him. Despite how reasonable this action sounded, Heather shook her head dismissively, I like Zimelda too much to just let her bleed at my feet...

The dark haired woman reached into her robes and pulled out a potion of healing from within its folds. With a flick of her thumb, Heather uncorked the top and moved closer to the fallen drow. She tucked her left arm underneath Zimelda's upper back and propped her up so that she could actually swallow the pale green liquid. Heather pressed the vial opening against Zimelda's mouth and began force feeding the potion to her. A small smile crossed her lips as she noticed the potion taking effect, "Hey now, you can take a nap after the fight's over with alright? We're almost done here."

With her aid given, Heather turned towards the Bugbear with a glare, "I hope you enjoyed that little moment. Its the last thing you'll ever experience...because if Zimelda doesn't kill you, I WILL!" Arcane symbols began to glow softly on various sections of Heather's robes. She was practically daring the Bugbear to attack her now and if he managed to hit her, he would be shown a new definition for the word 'pain'.

Round Actions
Minor Action: Draw Potion of Healing

Standard Action: Administer Potion to Zimelda setting her current hp to 10.

Move Action: Convert to Minor: Activate Fireburst Armor
Effect: Until the end of Heather's next turn, any creature that hits her with a melee attack takes 1d8 + 2 fire damage.

Lycan 01
2011-07-16, 11:11 PM
"What happened?" Zimelda mutters, slowly returning to consciousness. One minute she'd been fighting, then next, lights out.

Oh. Right. She'd been smacked in the face by the Bugbear's mace. Yeah, she was gonna have a black eye... And it felt like a few teeth had been knocked loose. Nothing a bit of healing magic couldn't fix, though.

"Ah, the perils of wearing a hood..." she mutters, quickly leaping to her feet, albeit with a slight wobble. She locks eyes with the Bugbear, and growls: "Your turn."

What follows is a rather brutal mace swing, aimed right at the brute's face.

If hits, +1 AC to me, and I think Heather too.

salt3d
2011-07-21, 06:51 AM
The bugbear laughs at Heather's attempts to provide aid to her friend. It has barely finished by the time Zimelda stands, and barely has enough time to even look surprised before the cleric's mace hits it in the face. A loud crack announces the bugbear's broken jaw, which hangs limply, held on only by the creature's skin. "Hnnnh!" it screams as it makes a feeble swing of its morningstar back at Zimelda.

The underboss grunts in frustration at Zimelda's repeated resurgence. Taking advantage of her focus on the bugbear, it drives its sword into her back once again.

Ilikan and Mavion stand dumbstruck, staring the proceedings.

Zimelda hits bugbear.

Boss hits Zimelda for 9 damage.

Bugbear misses Zimelda.

No change to map. Zimelda is on 1 HP.

bladescape
2011-07-21, 07:22 AM
Mavion shakes his head, annoyed that he let himself become distracted at such a important moment.

His hands flicker with flame again as he throws it once more.

Ugh. I should get this thing to Email me if I haven't replied. I keep forgetting. Anyways. Arcing Fire on Bugbear:

salt3d
2011-07-21, 09:10 AM
At such short range, Mavion's burst of fire strikes the bugbear with tremendous force. The creature looks down to see a hole where it's chest once was, before the life flickers from it's eyes and it tumbles into the pit, stone dead.

Demonicheart
2011-07-21, 09:45 AM
Heather was relieved that the bugbear had been dealt with but she was still worried about Zimelda's state. The drow cleric had taken the lion's share of the abuse this time around. She smirked sympathetically, "I don't need to say it but you'd best keep your distance Zimelda. I don't have an endless supply of potions...or any really after that last one." Heather took a few steps back and lined herself up with the final foe, the goblin underboss.

She took a brief moment to crack her knuckles and a wicked smirk formed upon her face, "You're all alone now, little buddy. This game has been fun but it ends here!" The vampiress pumped her legs vigorously as she built up speed. Clearly she intended to use her charging momentum to focus her blow.

Round Actions
Move Action: Move to D8

Standard Action: Charge Attack on Goblin Underboss
Effect: +1 for charging, Replace Basic Melee with Vampire Slam
Damage Roll: [roll1] and push Goblin Underboss to D4

Effect: Robes power ends.

Lycan 01
2011-07-21, 09:59 AM
Zimelda whirls around, hatred burning in her eyes. Ignoring her grievous injuries, she hauls off and tries to smash the goblin's face in. "DIE, DAMN YOU!!" she snarls, intent on ending the green creature's life.

I'm getting really tired of almost dying. Especially when I have +3 AC. My only healing ability is a ranged attack, which would provoke an opportunity attack. :smallannoyed:

+1 Ac to myself and Heather, I think.

IcemanJRC
2011-07-21, 12:26 PM
RAGGHHRRHRHRHRA!
Ilikan echoes another guttural growl, the goblin irritating him to no end.

Gagh... Keep missing stuff. I really should tone donw my games again...

Move Action to get next to the Goblin if I have to, preferably flanking.

Standard Melee Basic
[roll0](+2 if flanking) vs. AC

Free Action Mark Underboss.

salt3d
2011-07-24, 06:58 AM
The underboss deftly sidesteps Heather's charging attack. In doing so, however, it steps directly into the arc of Zimelda's mace, which strikes the goblin in the chin and launches it through the air. It lands on its feet at the broken edge of the tower, teeters for a moment, then falls backwards, shrieking all the way down before being interrupted by a faint thud.

The boss had plenty of HP left but since it was the only enemy left and obviously wasn't going to win the fight I decided to end it early. Congratulations, your mission is complete. :smallsmile:

Lycan 01
2011-07-25, 08:01 PM
Zimelda watches the goblin plummet. After observing its fall, she sighs and sits down. "Well... That did not go quite as well as I'd hoped..." she mutters, rubbing her sore jaw and wiping a trickle of blood from the corner of her mouth.

bladescape
2011-07-25, 09:43 PM
"We all live, do we not? That is always something to be thankful for." Mavion rumbles in reply to Zimelda. Maybe slightly chiding, but mostly just an attempt to raise the spirits.

IcemanJRC
2011-07-26, 11:46 AM
We get gobos... That good.
Ilikan mutters, coming down from his anger high.
That good?
He seems confused, he never knew why they had to kill them in the first place, so it was still a bittersweet victory to him, but he shoke his head free of thoughts and coughed,
We go back now?

salt3d
2011-07-27, 10:07 AM
The room, if it deserves the title given three of the walls are missing, is dominated by a single significant feature: the throne.

The throne is well constructed and quite ornate. A few marks and stains on it serve as a reminder of its most recent occupant. The throne is encrusted almost all over with jewels. Almost all of these, however, are worthless fakes. One in particular seems set differently than the others, and as you inspect it the gem sinks into the arm of the throne. Click.

Lifting the formerly latched and now evidently hinged seat, you discover the throne's secret cache. Gold pieces, almost too many to count, fill the base of the throne to the brim.

The total value of the real gemstones and gold pieces is 3,080 gp. There is no other treasure to be found. All of the gear to be found on the goblins is junk. You can consider your characters to have taken as many rusty short swords and fetid chainmail as you like. :smalltongue:

You descend the spiral staircase, skirt the collapsed floor below, and descend the stairs. On the ground floor you make your way through the rubble and out the front door.

Lying a few feet from the door you find the corpse of the goblin underboss, its face frozen in a terrified grin. In the trees a short distance away you spot a pack of wolves, evidently awaiting your departure.

By the time you reach the King's road the sun is close to the horizon, and you follow it briefly before it disappears behind the trees. Just as the last of the sun's light fades, you hear a horse-driven cart approaching from behind you. The cart stops right alongside you and the driver, and an immaculately dressed dwarf with a finely braided beard addresses you.

"Ah ha, I take it you're heading to Fiveleague? What a coincidence; I'm on my way there myself! Hop on and I'll take you the rest of the way."

You climb on board and as the dwarf hurries the horses onwards, you notice the plethora of ornate and heavily-locked trunks stacked in the back of the cart.

"Ah ha," says the dwarf, shouting back at you as the cart thunders along the road, "allow me to introduce myself. I am Garek, purveyor of the finest magical wares in all the Vale. Pleased to meet you! My sources tell me that two bands of adventurers should be there by morning. That's right, two!"

The rest of the trip is spent listening to Garek tell you how the other merchants at the Inn will rip you off blind if they can get away with it, and that only he will give you the best prices.

Well after the sun has set you see up ahead, lit up like a beacon and standing proudly against the night, is Fiveleague Inn (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199539&page=2).

Demonicheart
2011-07-27, 10:11 AM
Heather let out a small sigh as she noticed the battle's conclusion. Truth be told she was concerned when Zimelda freely jumped into the fray with the goblin. Regardless, the drow cleric was still alive to complain about it. When Marvion made his comment, she couldn't help but quip, "Some of us, lessso than others...but that hardly stops me from running my mouth." She didn't mind poking fun at herself especially if it helped improve the mood of the group.

With the goblins and their allies dead, Heather turned her attention to the collection of wealth. She idly commented as she spent some time looting the bodies on the top floor, "If these goblins had anything of value, it would be in our best interest to claim them. The reward for this task was 200 gold. Including the other team out there, that's 25 gold each. My healing potion costs that much so I'd prefer if I saw a little more profit from the venture than all the blood I can drink." The vampiress also took some time to look around the bedding area and the throne in the corner to see if there was anything worth taking. Despite her desire for treasure, she wasn't selfish. Heather made sure to announce her findings to the group as she went along.

Perception check to search the room for loot
[roll0]

Edit: not that it's necessary, was a little late on the uptake so I'll edit and finish off :smallwink:

After mentioning the fifth rusty piece of junk sword, Heather decided that only the treasure horde was worth keeping. She appraised the gems and split up the gold evenly among her companions. By her count, it would equal about 770 gold each by the time the found a merchant to haggle with and do business.

Luck seemed to be on their side as a merchant rode up offering them a lift. Naturally, Heather once again donned her mask to avoid any misunderstandings. The ride gave her plenty of time to recover from the battle as well as talk business with the merchant for the gemstones. She conluded their chat as they arrived back at the inn. Heather was quite pleasant with him, "I for one am happy we ran into you Garek. We may have more business to discuss in the future. My name is Heather and I am an alchemist by trade. If you stock any reagents or come across interesting formulas, please do let me know."