PDA

View Full Version : Wealth adjustment

Gnoman
2011-05-19, 07:36 AM
In my current game, there are four main currencies. Naturally, each currency is regional, and you can't really spend them in the wrong region without converting them, which is inconvienent, potentially dangerous, and expensive (moneychanger fee),

Naturally, many treasure hordes have all four currencies in them to represent that the entitiy that amassed the wealth plundered people from many areas. Should I increase the value of such hordes to represent the limited utility of such money?

gbprime
2011-05-19, 10:23 AM
In my current game, there are four main currencies. Naturally, each currency is regional, and you can't really spend them in the wrong region without converting them, which is inconvienent, potentially dangerous, and expensive (moneychanger fee),

Naturally, many treasure hordes have all four currencies in them to represent that the entitiy that amassed the wealth plundered people from many areas. Should I increase the value of such hordes to represent the limited utility of such money?

If you want to, sure. Remember, you the DM have total control over how much income the players have. Too much for your tastes, throttle back on the loot. Too little, give them a rich haul.