PDA

View Full Version : Is there any way for a cleric to get Mettle without loosing CL?

veven
2011-05-19, 11:08 AM
Making a Cleric finally! I have the armored version of Evasion from Divine Oracle, but is there any way for a cleric to get his hands on Mettle without loosing caster levels? I can't seem to find one.

Cog
2011-05-19, 11:17 AM
None of the sources on the Lists of Stuff (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19871954/Lists_of_Stuff) seem to pull it off. There's a few things missed on that from time to time, but it's so rare that I think you might be out of luck.

Greenish
2011-05-19, 11:20 AM
None that I (or the Lists of Stuff) have heard of.

[Edit]: Curses, swordsaged while looking Kinslayer up.

veven
2011-05-19, 02:55 PM
Yeah, I had already checked the list of stuff, this was my last hope :(. I suppose I could go pious templar 1....I dunno if it's worth hurting my spell progression though..and taking the feats. But I wantssss it.

ShneekeyTheLost
2011-05-19, 02:57 PM
Yeah, I had already checked the list of stuff, this was my last hope :(. I suppose I could go pious templar 1....I dunno if it's worth hurting my spell progression though..and taking the feats. But I wantssss it.

A loss of a single caster level is not too crippling, considering the benefits you get from it.

Hirax
2011-05-19, 03:00 PM
Pretty sure you're out of luck, but some good classes get mettle anyway, depending on your build it might not be so bad.

Gametime
2011-05-19, 03:12 PM
Tabard of Valor, from Complete Champion, gives you mettle while at half health or less. Not great, but probably the best you can get without class levels.