PDA

View Full Version : Rexxar The Beastmaser? (Help with build)

DrewVolker
2011-05-19, 06:09 PM
I have always loved the character Rexxar from the Warcraft series/World of Warcraft video games, and I have always wanted to try to play him in a Dnd tabletop game, It seems every time I am going to, something happens to the group or dm, but my friends going to be running a game soon, and I am going to try to convince him to let me play Rexxar more or less.

I do know the world of warcraft tabletop rpg has a half-ogre race, witch is the race I plan on using, then again that probly does not need to be said.

Anyway, I tried to find npc stats for him, but to no avail.
So I was wondering if anyone ever stated him up, or if anyone could help me come up with a build that would most represent the character.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Edit: I ment to say "Half-ogre" not "Half-orc", I corrected it.

Urpriest
2011-05-19, 06:12 PM
Is this game World of Warcraft Tabletop, or D&D 3.5?

DrewVolker
2011-05-19, 06:18 PM
Its going to be 3.5, but since most of the stuff can just be converted over I think using half-ogre as a race would work well.

Urpriest
2011-05-19, 06:26 PM
Well Beastmaster (Complete Adventurer) would probably be the most straightforward way to represent Rexxar, though Beast Heart Adept (Dungeonscape) might both capture his powers better and be more powerful.

kardar233
2011-05-19, 06:28 PM
If it's 3.5, I'd say Ranger, using a pair of hand/battle axes with a bear animal companion. Prepare some Summon Nature's Ally spells. Simple enough.

DrewVolker
2011-05-19, 06:40 PM
What I have considered in the past was using ranger (my friend/dm lets me if I want drop the spells from ranger to gain full animal companion progression) and duel-weilding dwarven waraxes, but I wanted to see what people on here thought.

Greenish
2011-05-20, 02:11 PM
There's a half-ogre race in Races of Destiny, too, and an older half-ogre template somewhere (Dragon Mag, I should think) which would allow for half-ogre orc.

If you're going to do TWF with dwarven waraxes, I recommend a dip into Exotic Weapon Master for Uncanny Blow, and obviously you'd want Oversized TWF.

[Edit]: Half-ogres are in Savage Species as +1 LA race. The RoD version technically supersedes this, but eh.

Also,
Edit: I ment to say "Half-ogre" not "Half-orc", I corrected it.Rexxar is a half-orc, too. :smallamused: