PDA

View Full Version : Spell-stitching. When would you allow it?

Coidzor
2011-05-20, 12:20 AM
So, what level of play would you allow spell-stitching to become available to PCs?

Darklady2831
2011-05-20, 12:26 AM
Personally, I see Spellstitching as a level 7-9 goal, one that should be persued for a while, and finally grasped in the necromancer's hands in the end.

Just, Like, Lichdom

:xykon:

faceroll
2011-05-20, 12:33 AM
I'd either let T4 & T5 use it in a T3 & T2 game to catch up with the casters around levels 8 to 10, in a no-holds-barred T1 game, or as a mechanical outline as a DM tool for helping someone realize their character visualization.

Tvtyrant
2011-05-20, 12:42 AM
I would let Truenecromancers use it. Probably not anyone else though.

Coidzor
2011-05-20, 12:47 AM
I would let Truenecromancers use it. Probably not anyone else though.

in a no-holds-barred T1 game

When though? Just as soon as they could afford the XP costs?

or as a mechanical outline as a DM tool for helping someone realize their character visualization.

Do you mean taking spell-stitched as a model for tweaking something to fit the given situation?

Tvtyrant
2011-05-20, 12:50 AM
Probably as soon as it could afford it Probably around level 10; the benefits are good but they aren't "Got my 9th level casting back" good. Or Tainted Scholar, or arguably Cancermage. And True Necromancer gets weaker as time goes on, so it would be a fair tradeoff.

faceroll
2011-05-20, 12:54 AM
When though? Just as soon as they could afford the XP costs?

T1 nonsense- when they can afford it (xp cost is steep, and requires MAD); otherwise, when I deem that a couple SLAs a day would help out, typically levels 6 to 12. Levels after 8, if you don't have magic, you're going to want it. Then as the DM, I give it to them. Invisibility or flight 3/day is great, and they don't have to be reliant on magic items. And you can always reflavor it, remove undead requirements, etc.