PDA

View Full Version : What type of Devil might pose as a shopkeeper?

bytbyt
2011-05-20, 03:28 AM
I'm trying to make an NPC based on Renon from Castlevania 64 and I'm trying to figure out what type of Devil might wan't to act as a shopkeeper and collect the souls of those who purchase a certain amount of goods that add up to X amount of gold.

KillianHawkeye
2011-05-20, 03:51 AM
That sounds like pretty much ANY kind of devil to me. Did you want a specific one?

bytbyt
2011-05-20, 04:27 AM
That sounds like pretty much ANY kind of devil to me. Did you want a specific one?

Yeah I'm looking for a specific type of Devil that would prefer doing this then just straight up killing somemone

Cicciograna
2011-05-20, 04:31 AM
Harvester devil, FCII.

Disguise self at will and a feature that makes his alignment register as "not evil".

Worira
2011-05-20, 04:31 AM
Falxugon/Harvester Devil, Fiendish Codex 2.

EDIT: CURSE YOU TRICKSY NINJA

The_Snark
2011-05-20, 04:35 AM
Sounds like a good role for a Harvester Devil to me. They already have a kind of infernal traveling salesman feel to them, so it'd be pretty easy to cast one as a shopkeeper.

Edit- Ninja consensus!

Tokuhara
2011-05-20, 10:16 AM
I once played in a campaign where an Incubus was a Bartender. Most fun ever. We had conversations with him even though we knew he was evil. Heck, my character (a Half-Orc Paladin) asked him advice on women. Absolute riot when he gave me an answer that coincided with my alignment. Now, that Half-Orc is settled down in Waterdeep with his Drow wife and Half-Orc/Half-Drow children.

Note: This was a devil who had left on a mission and fell in love with a woman and settled down. He decided to open up a tavern and stay in the material plane. He wasn't Evil by alignment. My cleric's Detect Alignment labled his actual alignment as TN. So he wasn't in the soul-collecting business anymore.