PDA

View Full Version : Update and New Questsions

Garetek
2011-05-20, 08:22 PM
So I have my character pretty much done and then start looking over all the rules and double checking that my character is legal

Which, happily he is.
Whisper Gnome Psychic Rogue, Poisoner.

Question is this, for level two.

Stick with rogue, or drop into Fight for Bonus Feat. EWP Shuriken, or Monk to pick up flury, and wp shuriken, then switch back to favored class of rogue.

Thoughts Suggestions?

Zaq
2011-05-20, 09:09 PM
I say you should stay as a PsyRogue. Doing otherwise gives you fewer skills, delays your SA progression, delays your PP progression, delays your powers known . . . in essence, you're losing a caster level. Scratch that, you're losing a manifester level, and those are arguably even harder to replace, due to the way the augmentation rules work.

KillianHawkeye
2011-05-20, 09:45 PM
Just grab Quick Draw and throw daggers instead.

Greenish
2011-05-20, 09:49 PM
Just grab Quick Draw and throw daggers instead.If you're burning a feat anyhow, shuriken are much cheaper to enchant and offer the same range, with minimal damage decrease.

Of course, shuriken can't be reused, but eh.

theForce017
2011-05-20, 09:55 PM
I'm with KillianHawkeye on this one, Halfling Knife Thrower! If you play like my group and ignores multiclass penalties then taking fighter could be good for you but Zaq had a great point on what your progression might look like. If you multiclass you will definitely miss out on class abilities and casting/manifesting progressions.

Greenish
2011-05-20, 10:04 PM
I'm with KillianHawkeye on this one, Halfling Knife Thrower!He wants to be a gnome psychic rogue focusing on poisons, not a halfling knife thrower, though. :smallamused:

Garetek
2011-05-21, 03:29 AM
Then in for the long haul with staying a PsyRogue, and eventually once I have the feats. Blade Star Thrower of Doom. Thanks for your help everyone. Really appreciate it.