PDA

View Full Version : Largest area spell?

Elboxo
2011-05-21, 12:53 AM
Hi forum, after noticing the 'City Nuke' Set up which involves locate city and explosive spell ( With other feats of course ) to obliterate 10's of miles at a time, i was wondering if there was any spell that had a large area such as Locate city's 10 Miles/level radius but also had a descriptor of an element ( To cut the FlashFrost feat ) so that this technique may be available at an earlier level than 7, a spell with Lightning/Sonic Type of a huge area would be the best, cutting down two feats. So anyone got any ideas? Even just a target area of 100 ft/level with a descriptor would be helpful, thanks!

Allanimal
2011-05-21, 03:52 AM
I don't have the answer but this (http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndlive/FindSpell.php) might help you find it.

ubergeek63
2011-05-21, 05:42 AM
Shrieking blast from Heroes of Battle. LVL5 sonic, 40' radius, 8D6 DMG

Widened would be lvl7 if you apply a feat to lessen the meta magicked spell level

molten_dragon
2011-05-21, 07:28 AM
Well, apocalypse from the sky deals 10d6 fire, sonic, or acid damage to everything in a 10-mile/CL radius, but it's 9th level, and the corruption costs are very high. I don't know of anything else that does damage in a radius that large.

Divide by Zero
2011-05-21, 09:20 AM
And just for the record, the Locate City Bomb doesn't actually work.

HalfDragonCube
2011-05-21, 09:23 AM
And just for the record, the Locate City Bomb doesn't actually work.

The fell drain version does, though, and the wightocalypse is just as cool as blasting everyone miles away into paste from miles away.

mootoall
2011-05-21, 09:24 AM
Well, apocalypse from the sky deals 10d6 fire, sonic, or acid damage to everything in a 10-mile/CL radius, but it's 9th level, and the corruption costs are very high. I don't know of anything else that does damage in a radius that large. Though it does provide the silly RAW that you've unlimited artifacts in your spell component pouch.