PDA

View Full Version : [DnD 3.5] Dark Speech Feat Question

theonesin
2011-05-21, 01:49 AM
Simple question: When using the abilities granted by the Dark Speech feat (from Elder Evils, maybe elsewhere), do you take the ability damage before or after the effect occurs? It's kind of iffy on the wording, but it's important to know because one of the abilities is based on Charisma, but also deals Charisma damage(thus if you took the damage before the effect occurs, it would always be using a lower modifier).

Thanks.

theForce017
2011-05-23, 01:07 AM
I would say use your unaltered Charisma bonus because in another prestige class (Cannot find it for the life of me) states that you get more hit points with your newly adjusted Constitution. Where ever it is it clearly states that you get it after you adjust so if it doesn't say I would assume before.

I may be wrong but that is my thought, you may want to talk with your DM as well.

peacenlove
2011-05-23, 10:56 AM
Simple question: When using the abilities granted by the Dark Speech feat (from Elder Evils, maybe elsewhere), do you take the ability damage before or after the effect occurs? It's kind of iffy on the wording, but it's important to know because one of the abilities is based on Charisma, but also deals Charisma damage(thus if you took the damage before the effect occurs, it would always be using a lower modifier).

Thanks.

You apply effects from anything in any order most beneficial to you unless otherwise noted.