PDA

View Full Version : Magic Items - Leg Slots

Elemist13
2011-05-21, 11:02 AM
Hay everyone,
One of my players asked me if there was any magic items that went into the leg slot and I couldnt think of any and i couldnt find any in the DMG. Does anyone know of any magic pants?

Hirax
2011-05-21, 11:04 AM
For whatever reason, pants are not a slot. I've always thought it was kinda strange.

thompur
2011-05-21, 11:06 AM
AFAIK, there isn't a 'leg slot'. Any magic item that would fit on the legs would probably take up the foot slot.

LoneStarNorth
2011-05-21, 11:07 AM
THE BEST PANTS
These incredible rainbow pants increase the wearer’s land speed by 50 ft. and provide a +50 bonus to all Jump checks (not including the bonus gained for having a speed greater than 30 ft). In addition, the wearer may cast prismatic spray as the spell once per day (DC 20). The pants also never become dirty, and any damage they sustain is instantly repaired. Only a wish or miracle spell can destroy them permanently. They are worn on the pants item slot, which does not actually exist until these pants are worn, and which ceases to exist once they are removed.

Problem solved.

gallagher
2011-05-21, 11:45 AM
i homebrewed a pair of cargo shorts that worked like several hewards handy haversacks. i called them Percivals Pragmatic Pants-Pockets

Undercroft
2011-05-21, 12:50 PM
Underpants of Devouring. Like a bag of devouring, except in underwear form.
My players have never forgiven me.

John Campbell
2011-05-21, 07:30 PM
So what am I supposed to do with all these Pants school spells, like Drawmij's instant pants and Tasha's uncontrollable hideous pants?

Oh well. At least I can still use teleport without pants.

gallagher
2011-05-21, 07:36 PM
So what am I supposed to do with all these Pants school spells, like Drawmij's instant pants and Tasha's uncontrollable hideous pants?

Oh well. At least I can still use teleport without pants.
dont give your players a pair of pants that, as a standard action, cast cloudkill, with the somatic component being an action that makes it look like they are farting.

that would be too much

Luckmann
2011-05-21, 07:41 PM

Oh well. At least I can still use teleport without pants.I now have an idea for a pair of pants that allows the user to teleport anywhere, instantly, an infinite number of times per day, as a free action.

The pants, however, stay in place.

Morph Bark
2011-05-21, 07:45 PM
I have often given my players magic pants. I could post a whole bunch of homebrew ones maybe?

Jude_H
2011-05-21, 07:46 PM
Player characters don't wear pants. Everybody knows that.

Even the ones you thought had them. It was a ruse.

Hirax
2011-05-21, 07:51 PM
Maybe it's like Kingdom of Loathing, where instead of starting out unaware that you have a torso, you're unaware of your waist/thighs.

myancey
2011-05-21, 08:22 PM
THE BEST PANTS
These incredible rainbow pants increase the wearer’s land speed by 50 ft. and provide a +50 bonus to all Jump checks (not including the bonus gained for having a speed greater than 30 ft). In addition, the wearer may cast prismatic spray as the spell once per day (DC 20). The pants also never become dirty, and any damage they sustain is instantly repaired. Only a wish or miracle spell can destroy them permanently. They are worn on the pants item slot, which does not actually exist until these pants are worn, and which ceases to exist once they are removed.

Problem solved.

So where does the prismatic spray come from? hehehe...fart jokes for the win. :belkar:

Jude_H
2011-05-21, 08:28 PM
Maybe it's like Kingdom of Loathing, where instead of starting out unaware that you have a torso, you're unaware of your waist/thighs.I like it.

There might even be religions about folks who rose up to the heavens, only to returgn and observe the thighs.

Creepy awesome religions.

Drglenn
2011-05-21, 08:32 PM
So where does the prismatic spray come from? hehehe...fart jokes for the win. :belkar:

Thats some fart if it can turn things to stone and/or send them to another plane

Talya
2011-05-21, 08:39 PM
I now have an idea for a pair of pants that allows the user to teleport anywhere, instantly, an infinite number of times per day, as a free action.

This is the best idea EVER.

Luckmann
2011-05-21, 09:05 PM
This is the best idea EVER.Well I suspected you would appreciate it.

:smallwink:

Talya
2011-05-21, 09:34 PM
Well I suspected you would appreciate it.

:smallwink:

/innocentsurprise on
Me?

Jack_Simth
2011-05-21, 09:48 PM
I now have an idea for a pair of pants that allows the user to teleport anywhere, instantly, an infinite number of times per day, as a free action.

Combines well with Instant Summons (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/instantSummons.htm) the next round as an "I need to run now" escape route.

Alternately, you rent them out for getting people places.

KillianHawkeye
2011-05-22, 03:44 AM
Maybe it's so that characters who prefer a skirt or a kilt don't get left out in the cold. :smallbiggrin:

Luckmann
2011-05-22, 06:23 AM
Combines well with Instant Summons (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/instantSummons.htm) the next round as an "I need to run now" escape route.

Alternately, you rent them out for getting people places.My idea was more along the lines of "Give them to people so that they'll appear before BBEG without pants".

But sure, yeah, that works too.

Zaq
2011-05-22, 11:34 AM
Crack open your PHB. Go to page 51.

Hennet has figured out that the game doesn't allow for pants, and has taken steps accordingly.

Asheram
2011-05-22, 11:57 AM
*coughs*

These guys have the right idea (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_fdzRuchj0)

(a warning, use headphones.)

true_shinken
2011-05-22, 02:06 PM
Gonna punch your jeans, said it before, best believe this is not a metaphor (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA5ZiJgXpDY).

Moriato
2011-05-22, 02:39 PM
If chrono trigger has taught us anything, it's that magic pants go on the head slot.

blazingshadow
2011-05-22, 03:44 PM
no such thing as magic pants. that is why the spell shatter (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/shatter.htm) would be devastating if you target some politician's pants while they make a public speech

HalfDragonCube
2011-05-22, 03:52 PM

How delightful.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2011-05-22, 04:03 PM
Magic items emit an aura of magical energy, which cannot be seen except via spells designed to reveal it. We have similar objects today which emit powerful unseen energy, but instead of magic we call it radiation. You don't want to wrap that around your crotch, regardless of what bonuses it may give.

Safety Sword
2011-05-22, 09:12 PM
Has anyone pointed out the D&D isn't World of F@#$ing Warcraft yet? :smallfurious:

Everyone knows that adventurers wear robes, so they don't need pants. :smallamused:

Safety Sword
2011-05-22, 09:14 PM
Magic items emit an aura of magical energy, which cannot be seen except via spells designed to reveal it. We have similar objects today which emit powerful unseen energy, but instead of magic we call it radiation. You don't want to wrap that around your crotch, regardless of what bonuses it may give.

Some people think the sun shines out of their 4$$h@13, is that the same thing?

Mr. Zolrane
2011-05-22, 09:32 PM

So... you pay people... to let them get in your pants...

bartman
2011-05-22, 09:34 PM
So... you pay people... to let them get in your pants...

no no, if you are renting them out, then they would pay you to get into your pants...

HalfDragonCube
2011-05-23, 11:27 AM
no no, if you are renting them out, then they would pay you to get into your pants...

Eww... :smallyuk:

Talya
2011-05-23, 11:29 AM

I have such great replies to this. Unfortunately, the skirt the edge of propriety for this place...

HalfDragonCube
2011-05-23, 12:24 PM
I have such great replies to this. Unfortunately, the skirt the edge of propriety for this place...

I though you were like that by default?

Safety Sword
2011-05-25, 12:07 AM

Does a skirt go on your waist slot, or leg slot? :smallamused:

Mr.Smashy
2011-05-25, 08:07 AM

I award you 2 Dead Catgirls for the amazing radioactive magic reference.

Talya
2011-05-25, 08:08 AM

Skirts are waist slot...because you hike them up. Pants are boots slot, because you end up with them around your ankles.

Morph Bark
2011-05-25, 08:09 AM

Either/or, they're special like that. You can wear them in the leg slot if you wear no pants or in the waist slot if you do. If you wear both pants and a belt, the skirt falls dormant. (Yes, dormant. They're sentient.)

Thespianus
2011-05-25, 08:54 AM

Yeah, you don't want to get booted from here for skirting any edges. Better put a sock in it, purse your lips and remain zipped.

I'm sorry for the puns, but I've inherited it from my dad. Ie, it's in my jeans.