19||||||||||||
20|
21||||||||||||
22|||C|C|||||C|C||
23|||C|C|||||C|C||
24|
25|||||||||||[/table]

Lighting is nice and uniform.
Walls are stone, practically impossible to destroy and go all the way to the ceiling.
The ceiling is 30' high and is made out of the same stuff as the outer walls.
Floor is ordinary packed dirt.

The outer walls of the arena are magically reinforced. They block teleportation through them and cannot be bypassed by any available means.

I will start in the top 2 rows, you will start in the bottom 2.

Bucky
2011-05-21, 12:14 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

Starting state (Observers Only):

I have a Stem the Tide rune placed on myself.

Status Box (Observers Only):

HP:156/156
0 Focus

Spells left:
1st circle:7
2nd circle:7
3rd circle:7
4th circle:6
5th circle:4

Other:
1 shimmering rune placed on myself

Radar
2011-05-22, 05:01 AM
Initiative:
[roll0]

Starting Position (ref only):
K24

Stats (ref only):
AC: 36
HP: 169
Iconic chosen ability for this fight: Damage Reduction 5

Description (for further reference):
You see a black-haired human in a skinthight costume of indefinite colour - it seems to shift whenever you look at it. The human sports a set of scaly wings, his right hand seems to be a bit bulkier then his left and his shadow is a bit off. He wields a really neat rifle and two more barrels protrude behid his back. He smiles at you.

Radar
2011-05-22, 06:20 AM
It looks, that I go first. Since we don't know each others exact locations, I'll write down several possibilities and wait for the referee.

Turn 1 (ref only):

Perception roll just in case: [roll0]

If I see my enemy already:
Standard action: Flurry with Deadly Aim for 1 point (additional damage on first attack is from Musketeer).
Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] +6 cold

Attack: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4] +6 cold

Attack: [roll5]
Damage: [roll6] +6 cold

Attack: [roll7]
Damage: [roll8] +6 cold

Swift action: If at least two attacks hit, I activate After-Image. Otherwise left unused.
Move action: Move through K25 to F25 using Stealth.
Stealth roll: [roll9] (penalty for attack included; bonus for distance not included). My After-Image (if I activated it) will fly without Stealth to B17 landing there.

If I don't see my enemy:
Move action: fly directly north near the ground until I see my enemy. In worst case scenario I reach K2 (from there I will be able to see him for sure). If I see him earlier, I stop and land at point, where I have a clear line for shooting.
Swift action: Stone Fist - his max HP get reduced by 26 for 3 rounds.
Standard action:
Flurry with Deadly Aim for 1 point (additional damage on first attack is from Musketeer).
Attack: [roll10]
Damage: [roll11] +6 cold

Attack: [roll12]
Damage: [roll13] +6 cold

Attack: [roll14]
Damage: [roll15] +6 cold

Attack: [roll16]
Damage: [roll17] +6 cold

Stats at the end of turn:

If I see my enemy already:
Position: F25 (ground level)
After-Image position: B17 (ground level)
HP: 163/163

If I don't see my enemy:
Position: dependant on currently unknown factors.
HP: 169/169

Claudius Maximus
2011-05-22, 11:08 AM
Once again forgot to ask for descriptions. :smallsigh: Thank you Radar for providing one and reminding me. Could I get one from you too Bucky?

Radar:
At K7 you gain LoS to him (he's in C2 +25; I'm asking for his description). However, he has cover so I'm not sure you would consider that a "clear" line of shooting. Are you stopping there and shooting, or continuing?

Bucky
2011-05-22, 12:27 PM
Description:
Arvil is a tall, red-haired human in a gray cloak. If you look closely enough, you can see padded armor underneath with faded runes on it.

Initial perception check (if it's needed before my turn):
[roll0]

Radar
2011-05-22, 01:28 PM
Once again forgot to ask for descriptions. :smallsigh: Thank you Radar for providing one and reminding me. Could I get one from you too Bucky?

Radar:
At K7 you gain LoS to him (he's in C2 +25; I'm asking for his description). However, he has cover so I'm not sure you would consider that a "clear" line of shooting. Are you stopping there and shooting, or continuing?
For ref. eyes only:
I don't like cover penalties, so I go all the way to K2. Rest of the turn as planned previously.

Claudius Maximus
2011-05-22, 01:47 PM
LoS:

Bucky:
You see a glimpse of your opponent in K7, headed north. Shortly thereafter he pops out in K2 and starts shooting (attacks below). Here's what you see:

You see a black-haired human in a skinthight costume of indefinite colour - it seems to shift whenever you look at it. The human sports a set of scaly wings, his right hand seems to be a bit bulkier then his left and his shadow is a bit off. He wields a really neat rifle and two more barrels protrude behid his back. He smiles at you.
Radar:
You get a clean look from K2:

Arvil is a tall, red-haired human in a gray cloak. If you look closely enough, you can see padded armor underneath with faded runes on it.
The attacks:

Swift action: Stone Fist - his max HP get reduced by 26 for 3 rounds.
Standard action:
Flurry with Deadly Aim for 1 point
Attack: 22
Damage: 50 +6 cold

Attack: 33
Damage: 45 +6 cold

Attack: 23
Damage: 46 +6 cold

Attack: 34
Damage: 104 +12 cold
I believe it is Bucky's turn now.

Radar
2011-05-22, 02:07 PM
Umm... you might want to reformat the Damage list. It's unclear, which one is the damage total, or if any of them is one.

Bucky
2011-05-22, 02:30 PM
Whoa, not expecting to be threatened with death before my first turn. Can he even get that far (220') while drawing his weapon and using his Swift for something else?

As soon as he starts attacking, as an immediate action, I place a shimmering rune on myself (Stem the Tide).

1st and 3rd attacks miss
2nd attack hits but gets tanked by Stem the Tide
4th attack connects.

My turn:
Move action:

Fly at half speed to B6, 25' so that I can draw my energy blade while moving

Rest of turn:

scrubbed pending ruling
Swift used for immediate already.
Stealth: [roll0] (+range, +5 vs. vision)
Perception: [roll1]

Status Box (Observers Only):

HP:14/156-26
1 Focus

Spells left:
1st circle:7
2nd circle:7
3rd circle:7
4th circle:5
5th circle:4

Other:
0 shimmering runes

(EDIT:It appears I was flat-footed due to not having acted yet and thus could not take the immediate. Turn will be revised pending ruling on starting with drawn weapons, unless Claudius rules that my preparation also counted as taking an action)

Radar
2011-05-22, 02:49 PM
The map is 25 squares across, which translates to 125 feet - fairly easy to get to the other side in one turn. I assumed we can have our main weapon drawn at the start of the fight.

Bucky
2011-05-22, 11:46 PM
Assuming I am indeed flat-footed and my immediate fails, I'm somewhere in the negatives regardless of the ruling.

Radar
2011-05-23, 08:14 AM
Assuming I am indeed flat-footed and my immediate fails, I'm somewhere in the negatives regardless of the ruling.
:smalleek:
I didn't expect it to be that lethal.

I guess we'll wait for the referee to sort this out. I think we will need bigger maps for Legend then those for D&D - mobility is significantly higher here.

Claudius Maximus
2011-05-23, 09:11 AM
Radar is right about speed.

I'm afraid Bucky's character is flat-footed, and the rules of Legend match 3.5 on that front, so no immediates. So yeah, one-rounded. :smalleek:

There's some talk about cutting the power of full attacks, since these are just out of control.