PDA

View Full Version : 3.P Need good weapon enchants

McSmack
2011-05-21, 01:10 PM
I'm running a 3.5/PF game in Eberron. I'm making weapons for the party that will scale in power as they level, but I'm running into some writer's block coming up with good weapon enchants for them.

Here's the rundown:
Hobgoblin rogue (Indiana Jones as a Hobgoblin)- he has an ancient bastard sword that belonged to one of his distant ancestors, an Emperor of the hobgoblin empire long ago. I was thinking of enchants that would give him bonuses when he was sneak attacking and/or flanking.

Half-orc Oracle/Barbarian (going for Rage Prophet) - he's got a falchion named The Crimson Grin. He's had visions indicating that his destiny is to close a gate to Xoriat that is slowly reopening. I'm definitely going keen on this, but I'm not sure I want to go so far as putting aberration bane on it.

Human Paladin (Silver Flame)- this character switches between a greatsword and a longsword depending on the battle. I'm thinking of making a mechanical themed holy avenger with an extendable blade and hilt so that he can switch between greatsword and longsword as a free action. The bonuses from holy avenger will gradually appear as he levels obviously, possibly giving him a chance to cast dispel magic on a crit or something.

Human Ranger- This particular player is kind of flaky so I'm not too worried about making it awesome. He's got an eagle theme going, so I'm thinking of perhaps letting the bow summon an eagle on a crit. I don't know.

Warforged Cleric (Sovereign Host). Aware of how much clerics rock. This player is going for a low optimization route, a little bit of healing, a little bit of buffs, mostly just whacking things with his mace. Was thinking of making some sort of mace attachment for his arm, perhaps some flanged bars surround his hand or somesuch. No idea on enchants.

bartman
2011-05-21, 01:29 PM
I mainly play rogues, so thats what I am going to comment on for now. I am away from my books at the moment, but I know there is an enchant in MIC that increases Sneak attack damage by I believe 1 or 2d6. You could have that scale up as he levels, maybe an extra d6 every other level or so. Also, going by what other ideas you have, I would recommend, on a successful crit when not dealing sneak attack damage, have the weapon summon a flank buddy (maybe a small critter or something like that), 10 feet away from the wielder, or if that space is occupied, another 5 feet back, etc, that way he is summoned into flanking position immediately, and does not have to move. I know as a rogue, I would love that.

I will give a little more thought to the others and try to post more.

Greenish
2011-05-21, 01:41 PM
Hobgoblin rogue (Indiana Jones as a Hobgoblin)- he has an ancient bastard sword that belonged to one of his distant ancestors, an Emperor of the hobgoblin empire long ago. I was thinking of enchants that would give him bonuses when he was sneak attacking and/or flanking.Assassination is a neat +1 enhancement. The sunsword's curious bastard sword/short sword dual function could be most useful for said character too (and the function alone is pretty cheap, the lesser/non-awakened sunsword from Expedition to Castle Ravenloft is mere 3000 gp and is also +1 weapon). Blurstrike (+2) would help him get at least one Sneak Attack a round. Shadowstriking is also very neat and sneaky.

Hideaway is also a neat ability for a rogue's weapon.

Half-orc Oracle/Barbarian (going for Rage Prophet) - he's got a falchion named The Crimson Grin. He's had visions indicating that his destiny is to close a gate to Xoriat that is slowly reopening. I'm definitely going keen on this, but I'm not sure I want to go so far as putting aberration bane on it.Brash and Berserker are both made for ragers. Brutal Surge allows free Bull Rushes on hit, which is always fun. Metalline (+2) would allow for piercing the DR aberrations often sport in Eberron, without hurting the weapon.

Human Paladin (Silver Flame)- this character switches between a greatsword and a longsword depending on the battle. I'm thinking of making a mechanical themed holy avenger with an extendable blade and hilt so that he can switch between greatsword and longsword as a free action. The bonuses from holy avenger will gradually appear as he levels obviously, possibly giving him a chance to cast dispel magic on a crit or something.Sacred is a neat light version of Holy. Mighty Smiting is also fun.

Warforged Cleric (Sovereign Host). Aware of how much clerics rock. This player is going for a low optimization route, a little bit of healing, a little bit of buffs, mostly just whacking things with his mace. Was thinking of making some sort of mace attachment for his arm, perhaps some flanged bars surround his hand or somesuch. No idea on enchants.You could base it on Battlefist. Sacred is again pretty neat, as are Blessed and Divine Wrath.