PDA

View Full Version : full inbox, locked thread and credit.

Yirrixees
2011-05-21, 01:15 PM
hello, i'm new but had designed a homebrew based on OOTS (dashing swordsman), i found an older thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29882) covering this, and i really liked some of his ideas. but his PM box is full and the thread has been locked. so, would i be thread necromancing reviving it for help with my version and how do i ask permission to (maybe) use some of his content? or do i simply use him for inspiration and just credit him? (The Demented One).

help would be appreciated, thanks :smallsmile:

MoonCat
2011-05-21, 01:20 PM
Necromancy would be if you posted in that one after it's expiration date. Your only concern would be why it was locked, as we're not supposed to restart locked threads if they were locked for an inappropriate topic.

Haruki-kun
2011-05-21, 01:22 PM
Necromancy would be if you posted in that one after it's expiration date. Your only concern would be why it was locked, as we're not supposed to restart locked threads if they were locked for an inappropriate topic.

Last post says it was locked for thread necromancy, though.

MoonCat
2011-05-21, 01:26 PM
Last post says it was locked for thread necromancy, though.

Then it seems like it would be fine to remake the thread.

Haruki-kun
2011-05-21, 01:28 PM
I think it should be fine, yeah. But if you want to be REALLY sure, wait for a mod to clear it up.

Yirrixees
2011-05-21, 05:34 PM
thanks all :smallwink: i've been on forums before, but none so... intensive? lol, rules or content wise (which is nice for a change from most)

i got the basic mechanics worked out (along with 4 feats) and will probably post it when more flavor/class features are done.

anyway, hope to be posting soon :smallbiggrin:

Killer Angel
2011-05-23, 02:18 AM
so, would i be thread necromancing reviving it for help with my version and how do i ask permission to (maybe) use some of his content? or do i simply use him for inspiration and just credit him? (The Demented One).

well, I think it's mandatory to credit him. :smallwink:
That said, given that the old thread was locked for necromancy (and not for inappropriate topic), the proper thing to do is to open a new thread, linking to the old one for reference.

Yirrixees
2011-05-23, 05:05 AM
well, I think it's mandatory to credit him. :smallwink:
That said, given that the old thread was locked for necromancy (and not for inappropriate topic), the proper thing to do is to open a new thread, linking to the old one for reference.

mkay, i mainly ask because another forum i was on called reposting a thread 'thread necromancy'. period. (sometimes they used 'redundant' but usually the former).

come to think of it, that wasn't always the best forum though, lol.

Maryring
2011-05-24, 06:23 AM
If that was true here, we'd have a ton of thread necromancers due to the endless morality threads who rehash previous morality threads into infinity.

Mystic Muse
2011-05-24, 10:20 AM
And it would be an extremely pointless policy anyway.:smallconfused:

Roland St. Jude
2011-05-24, 11:40 AM
Sheriff: Seems like this is sorted out now.

To sum up:
1. Don't revive a thread last posted in over six weeks ago (Thread Necromancy)
2. Don't restart a thread that was locked by a moderator for inappropriate topics, flaming, etc. (Restarting a Locked Thread)
3. Don't post a thread that duplicates an active thread (One Thread/Topic)