PDA

View Full Version : Have some plot ideas but need help/ideas.

Shinizak
2011-05-21, 07:24 PM
I started a game recently of D&D that takes place in an alternate earth-like world (specifically England) where D&D monsters roam and spells are present and so far the players are investigating some bleed over from another world (the negative energy plane). Yesterday a player wasn't there because of family and we decided to try out nWoD mage & werewolf. During world creation and character creation we decided that this world would be a post apocalyptic world (taking place in Sydney, Australia) recovering with new societies (all of which are basic tribal societies who are ignorant of previous technology). And I had the idea that maybe it was the same world, which gave me the idea that maybe the adventures would intersect at some point which would be cool.

Here are my ideas for the individual games.

In the D&D game the players don't know that a wizard lich is trying to move a moon sized castle (castle of a dead/dethroned god) out of the negative energy plane into our world, so he needs to make a portal big enough (as in the size of Europe) to fit it through. So he's hijacking the energy from spell roots (the places from which specific magic comes from) to do it.

I mostly need ideas for the nWoD game (and any are welcome) but I'm thinking that maybe a rogue sect of mages and/or werewolves have found the location of a nuclear warhead stash and (having misunderstood their purpose) have decided to try and tap one/them for power.

what do you think, do you think this could work? Do you have any ideas for my nWoD game? any ideas for how the game could intersect?