PDA

View Full Version : Searching issues

lesser_minion
2011-05-22, 06:24 AM
Is it meant to be possible to search for posts by a particular user that also contain a particular string?

I've tried it a couple of times, but every single time the forum chokes and doesn't actually show the results (it leads to a blank page, with no error message or anything).

If this isn't meant to be possible, would it be possible to add a note to the search page saying "please don't try this"?

Serpentine
2011-05-22, 06:50 AM
While we're at it: whenever I try to "search for posts by user" by clicking on the poster's name, it tells me to wait 30 seconds as though I clicked it twice. I have to go to the poster's profile page to do the search. Anyone else had that?

lesser_minion
2011-05-22, 06:59 AM
I don't think I've ever had that issue.

Serpentine
2011-05-22, 07:35 AM
Tried it just now. Did it again.

lesser_minion
2011-05-22, 07:59 AM
I just tried it -- I'm definitely not getting that problem. Could it be extensions-related?

Mystic Muse
2011-05-22, 11:47 AM
I've had that problem before once or twice too Serpentine. It definitely isn't just you.

Viera Champion
2011-05-22, 03:11 PM
While were at it, if I do a keyword search in a specific thread it NEVER finds anything. It does when I search a whole forum for key words though.

Blue Ghost
2011-05-22, 05:04 PM
While we're at it: whenever I try to "search for posts by user" by clicking on the poster's name, it tells me to wait 30 seconds as though I clicked it twice. I have to go to the poster's profile page to do the search. Anyone else had that?

Happens all the time for me. :smallfrown:

NerfTW
2011-05-22, 05:57 PM

Are you logged in at the time? If you aren't logged in, and it asks you to sign in, after doing so, do not click on the "if you are not redirected, click here" link. It will count as a second search request, resulting in that error. Let it redirect on it's own.

Serpentine
2011-05-22, 10:04 PM
I'm definitely always logged on. And I definitely don't double click or anything like that. There is no redirection or anything, just straight to "This forum requires you to wait between searches. Try again in 29 seconds."

Glad to hear it's not just me...