PDA

View Full Version : Base Classes For Gestalt Trap User

EdroGrimshell
2011-05-22, 10:53 AM
okay, currently i'm trying to stat out a poison/trap/wildernness expert, as of now i have the PrCs for the poison and traps, what i need is a pair of base classes i can use as a good base for this character concept.

Veyr
2011-05-22, 10:58 AM
Factotum (Dungeonscape) seems fitting; lots of skills, nice Int focus, and I think if you take enough levels you can get Minor Creation as an SLA which should help, etc.

Alternatively or in conjuction: Artificer (Eberron Campaign Setting). Again, Int-focused, lots of crafting ability, Minor Creation as an Infusion (which means you can, when necessary, use an AP to use Minor Creation in 1 round). Also qualifies for Alchemist Savant (Magic of Eberron), which greatly speeds up crafting of potions and alchemical items (like poisons).

EdroGrimshell
2011-05-22, 11:03 AM
I'd prefer not to use magic because i'm only going to have 5 levels of one and 10 levels of the other. Factotum could work but also suffers from level loss as well.

HalfDragonCube
2011-05-22, 11:15 AM
I'd prefer not to use magic because i'm only going to have 5 levels of one and 10 levels of the other. Factotum could work but also suffers from level loss as well.

What are the PrCs? Can they be lumped to one side?

EdroGrimshell
2011-05-22, 11:26 AM
What are the PrCs? Can they be lumped to one side?

Trapsmith (5 levels), Combat Trapsmith (5 levels), and Master Poisoncrafter (10 levels, 3rd party)

HalfDragonCube
2011-05-22, 11:35 AM
Trapsmith (5 levels), Combat Trapsmith (5 levels), and Master Poisoncrafter (10 levels, 3rd party)

Are you sure all that is entirely necessary? Only so much can be done by whipping up a huge pointy thing dripping with poison as a standard action.

Factotum would probably be the best way to go, excellent skills, floating spells, the other odd useful thing.

EdroGrimshell
2011-05-22, 11:48 AM
Are you sure all that is entirely necessary? Only so much can be done by whipping up a huge pointy thing dripping with poison as a standard action.

Factotum would probably be the best way to go, excellent skills, floating spells, the other odd useful thing.

Yes it is, it's a company of sorts really, and the traps are meant to be nonlethal, even the poison is more meant to keep the creatures incapacitated while being trasported. We have an arcane breeder (magically combines creatures together to make new ones) and a roguish familiar mage with three hybrid familiars that are essentially the lures for the creatures. They also have a mercenary thing so this guy is also an assassin.

EDIT: I think i just answered my own question so i'm all set now