PDA

View Full Version : A throwing Chanter build,

Hazzardevil
2011-05-23, 04:25 PM
In the Famous(-ish) AvB I'm planning on being on the assasin team. And I decided that a throwing build would be fun. And I came attracted to the idea of levels in WarChanter. Warchanter can be cut of course, but I like it.
The plan so far is this:
Harmounioous knight 1/Master Thrower 5/warchanter 10
Harmonious knight lets me qualify for Warchanter and taht can be dropped if Warchanter is.
So, any suggestions?
guantlet of infinite blades is an item I have heard about, doesn't it give me an infinite supply of throwing weapons or something?

Hirax
2011-05-23, 04:33 PM
Have you considered bloodstorm blade from Tome of Battle? A 4 level dip gets you the throw anything feat, any weapon you wield gains the returning property, and the ability to make a full attack with a single thrown weapon (which is anything thanks to the throw anything feat). Oh, and ranged attacks are treated as melee attacks, so you use your strength modifier for attack and damage purposes, you even get 1.5x your strength mod for 2-handed weapons. So if you wield a spear you can make full attacks against opponents up to 100' away for a meager -4 penalty, for instance. Its pre reqs are 8 balance ranks, 1 iron heart stance, 1 iron heart maneuver, and point blank shot.

Hazzardevil
2011-05-24, 10:19 AM
Have you considered bloodstorm blade from Tome of Battle? A 4 level dip gets you the throw anything feat, any weapon you wield gains the returning property, and the ability to make a full attack with a single thrown weapon (which is anything thanks to the throw anything feat). Oh, and ranged attacks are treated as melee attacks, so you use your strength modifier for attack and damage purposes, you even get 1.5x your strength mod for 2-handed weapons. So if you wield a spear you can make full attacks against opponents up to 100' away for a meager -4 penalty, for instance. Its pre reqs are 8 balance ranks, 1 iron heart stance, 1 iron heart maneuver, and point blank shot.

That is a good suggestion, but I forgot to mentioned that any tome of battle base or prestige classes.
I'm considering 10 levels of Justicar, since being a bounty hunter, hunting down other players and selling them for ransom seems sensible really. I stops me being marked as a target for revenge.
Or maybe Urban soul, good skills average BAB and in a city, practically at-will invisibility.

Hazzardevil
2011-05-25, 02:39 PM
A Fighter 2/Ranger 2/Ghost slayer 1/Urban Soul 10/Master thrower 5 seems good, now what would be good to optimise that?