PDA

View Full Version : Might be on "Fear the Boot"

MiniMalconvoker
2011-05-23, 05:03 PM
Hey guys, I am currently bidding on an Charity Auction item, where the winner has the opportunity to guest of the RPG podcast "Fear the Boot" as well as pick a topic for the episode. I am rather confident that I can/will win it but am having trouble coming up with a topic for discussion that hasn't already been covered.

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas of interesting topics that they would like to hear discussed by Dan, Chad, Pat, Wayne and the gang. Obviously I'm not 100% sure that I will win the auction but if I do I would like to have a topic ready.

Well that's it I think; let the ideas flow!

Drglenn
2011-05-23, 05:37 PM
Polytheism in D&D:
In a multiverse where the gods are all known to exist, why does noone worship more than one god?

Ravens_cry
2011-05-23, 05:48 PM
Interestingly enough, I do just that in D&D. Sure, if I am playing a cleric of a god, that god is my patron deity and gets a little more focus, they gives me spells and all, but generally, my characters who worship gods venerate all the good and neutral gods and are at least respectful of most of the evil ones. Can't be too careful you know.
Why are Dwarves all the same in most fantasy?

Knaight
2011-05-23, 07:09 PM
I'd recommend asking this on the Fear the Boot forum.

MiniMalconvoker
2011-05-23, 07:42 PM
I'd recommend asking this on the Fear the Boot forum.

I thought about that, but wasn't sure if that would be... I dunno, kinda awkward? In case there are other people bidding on it that see the thread? Also there is already a thread for suggesting new topics. Maybe I'll just browse that :/

Coidzor
2011-05-23, 08:42 PM
Polytheism in D&D:
In a multiverse where the gods are all known to exist, why does noone worship more than one god?

Players and DMs ignore the fluff describing when people do just that, mostly. Not really sure why, especially when it describes pantheons.

Doc Roc
2011-05-23, 09:45 PM
Players and DMs ignore the fluff describing when people do just that, mostly. Not really sure why, especially when it describes pantheons.

Actually, I've seen a lot of Ideal clerics fluffed as pantheists.

I recommend asking them where they hide the delicious delicious juice. And when they plan on updating their various resources.

Knaight
2011-05-23, 09:49 PM
I thought about that, but wasn't sure if that would be... I dunno, kinda awkward? In case there are other people bidding on it that see the thread? Also there is already a thread for suggesting new topics. Maybe I'll just browse that :/

The communities here and there are fundamentally different in a lot of respects, and what would interest the people here and the people there, in regards to large amounts of interest within a large group and not randomly picked individuals, also varies. For instance, D&D specific discussions would likely be well received here, where at FtB there would be a bunch of "Oh. That system." responses, though worded differently. There is certainly some overlap in the communities, including the both of us and whoever keeps transferring thread topics from here to FtB, but its not major, leaving this as a bad place to gather ideas for this.

Doc Roc
2011-05-23, 09:52 PM
The communities here and there are fundamentally different in a lot of respects, and what would interest the people here and the people there, in regards to large amounts of interest within a large group and not randomly picked individuals, also varies. For instance, D&D specific discussions would likely be well received here, where at FtB there would be a bunch of "Oh. That system." responses, though worded differently. There is certainly some overlap in the communities, including the both of us and whoever keeps transferring thread topics from here to FtB, but its not major, leaving this as a bad place to gather ideas for this.

Hum, on the other hand, you could do something horrible like ask them how silly they think GNS Theory is.

Coidzor
2011-05-23, 10:03 PM
Hum, on the other hand, you could do something horrible like ask them how silly they think GNS Theory is.

Are they proponents of GNS Theory? Or just to have a very unpleasant episode in general? :smallconfused:

Doc Roc
2011-05-23, 10:06 PM
Are they proponents of GNS Theory? Or just to have a very unpleasant episode in general? :smallconfused:

GNS is never a pleasant topic.

The few times they have commented on GNS -and by no means can we assume the hosts have some sort of monolithic opinion, they never all agree on anything- it has received a less than warm reception.

Knaight
2011-05-23, 10:06 PM

The few times they have commented on GNS -and by no means can we assume the hosts have some sort of monolithic opinion, they never all agree on anything- it has received a less than warm reception.

Talakeal
2011-05-23, 10:47 PM
Ask them what happened to that Dark Knight Returns review episode they were going to do back in 07.

MiniMalconvoker
2011-05-24, 01:45 PM

Fair enough. I suppose that makes sense. I'm not nearly as familiar with the community over hear as I am much more active on FtB. Thanks for the heads up anway.