PDA

View Full Version : quick question about Aid Another

veven
2011-05-24, 01:35 AM
I was just reading the aid another rules on the SRD and saw this little excerpt, "You can also use this standard action to help a friend in other ways, such as when he is affected by a spell, or to assist another character’s skill check."

I know you can aid another in combat, and I know about using aid another with skills. What is this "such as when he is affected by a spell" business? I guess I never noticed that before.

NNescio
2011-05-24, 02:16 AM
Bonuses to saving throws for spells with ongoing effects which force a saving throw every round after the initial save?

Like say, Hold Person?

The wording is rather vague though.

ericgrau
2011-05-24, 05:49 AM
A specific example is given in the sleep spell description, where slapping someone wakes him up. There is no check involved. Aid another is a vague fluffy action that could cover a variety of things where you help an ally out. It's not necessarily a DC 10 for a +2 every time.

Thurbane
2011-05-24, 09:30 PM
Quick Aid Another question: the raven/dove you summon using the vestige Malphas (Bird's Eye Viewing) seems to be in most ways, a normal bird of it's type. Would it be able to perform an Aid Another action at your command? I assume that being tiny, it would provoke an AoO doing so...

ericgrau
2011-05-24, 11:16 PM
The aid another text says you must be in a position to make a melee attack so the bird must enter the monster's square which provokes. After that attacking does not provoke.

Tavar
2011-05-24, 11:20 PM
Huh? As long as the opponent has Combat Reflexes it would, wouldn't it. One opponent can trigger multiple AOO, as long as the triggering actions are different.

ericgrau
2011-05-24, 11:23 PM
Attacking doesn't provoke though. Tiny creatures only have problems with the movement required for their 0' reach.

Tavar
2011-05-24, 11:26 PM
Oh, I for some reason thought that Aiding Another provoked. :smallredface: