PDA

View Full Version : Spontaneous Druid Choosing 8th level spell

isotunknown
2011-05-24, 02:57 PM
I'm playing a spontaneous druid and am trying to figure out which 8th level spells to take.

I've narrowed it down to: Bombardment, Frostfell, Red Tide, and Unearthly Beauty because my party needs me to take spells that will enable an attack on a broader area. That's fine with me.

Unfortunately, I only get three of these. Any thoughts about how I might prioritize these spells? They all seem to have benefits and detriments. Which three should I take, and why?

Thanks.

Keld Denar
2011-05-24, 03:09 PM
You might also want to consider Sunburst, and Earthquake. Both have HUGE areas. Sunburst is particularly nasty vs undead and Earthquake has other utility. Don't forget that you also have access to Firestorm at level 7 which is very effective for selectively bombarding a large area.

I'd make sure you get Red Tide as one of them though. That spell is simply beautiful.

Incanur
2011-05-24, 03:20 PM
I'd suggest ditching either red tide or frostfell. That would allow you to effective target all three saves. The latter combines area save-or-die, area blasting, and battlefield control into one awesome package but has the disadvantage of a 1-round casting time.

subject42
2011-05-24, 03:22 PM
If you take red tide, I would suggest bombardment as your second spell. The combination of strength damage + burial as a combo is pretty rough.

ShriekingDrake
2011-06-14, 09:17 AM
I think Frostfell is a winner. But, I think they are all good choices.