PDA

View Full Version : Idea for Enchantment: Invisible Weapon

DodgerH2O
2011-05-25, 01:38 AM
Inspired by the post and reactions from http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11024334&postcount=346

Bear with me, I make up my own enchantments for the most part instead of using book ones so the format may require cleaning up/clarification.

Invisible Weapon: Your weapon is (or becomes) invisible to others but you can still see it.

Combat Effects: You may make an attack of opportunity on one foe within reach on that opponent's turn. This does not grant any additional attacks of opportunity per round, only gives the ability to use an attack in this manner.
Opponents suffer the invisibility modifier for attempts to interact with the weapon in combat, such as by sundering or disarming.

Again, I just make stuff up for most enchantments, so no price, level, and such. Hopefully you folk can come up with something that seems balanced. I know that "opportunistic" type enchantments already exist but the flavor of this one gives a reason for an extra attack as well as possible counters (anything that can penetrate invisibility) and brings in RP uses of the enchantment as well.

Feedback and modifications welcomed and encouraged. I don't have the time to polish it myself, but had to share as it's a concept I hadn't thought of before myself.

ILM
2011-05-25, 02:11 AM
You could always cast Invisibility on the weapon and Permanency it. By RAW however I don't know that it provides either benefit or disadvantage but do correct me if I'm wrong.

visigani
2011-05-25, 05:04 AM
So tell me about this weapon you made...

Oh this? It's an invisible spiked chain.

What's it do? Well, I made it invisible and I saw to it that animate objects was cast on it and made permanent so it gets an attack of opportunity every round.... and it can attack every round which is also pretty neat.

I made 12 of them. I keep them in a bag and toss them out at the beginning of the fight. Fight doesn't last long.

Seth62
2011-05-25, 01:25 PM
A glassteel weapon is slightly similar, it is crafted from glass so a -4 to spot to see it, thats about it for invisibility. Blade shimmer from complete scoundrel makes weapons invisible and it says that it gives a +10 sleight of Hand and -10 to spot checks, they are also considered flat-footed unless they succeed on a reactive spot check.

Lisselys
2011-05-25, 02:46 PM
Have a look at the blurstrike enhancement for weapons on the MIC.
It kinda does exactly what you want

Greenish
2011-05-25, 03:35 PM
Make the weapon of iron harvested from an invisible wall of iron. :smallcool:

HalfDragonCube
2011-05-25, 04:29 PM
Make the weapon of iron harvested from an invisible wall of iron. :smallcool:

Forging the sword would be a pain, though.

Klonk.

*Drops hammer*

'Ow! Hit my thumb!'

*Picks up hammer*

Klonk.

*Drops hammer*

'Ow! Hit my thumb!'

Repeat.