PDA

View Full Version : Magic species extermination button

Pages : 1 [2]

Serpentine
2011-06-13, 08:34 AM
There was some hope with the discovery of a more genetically diverse population on the other side of Tasmania that's apparently not hit as hard by the disease. Still...
And yeah, we have a lot of endangered and probably-or-almost extinct animals :smallfrown:

Rising Phoenix
2011-06-13, 08:42 AM
There was some hope with the discovery of a more genetically diverse population on the other side of Tasmania that's apparently not hit as hard by the disease. Still...
And yeah, we have a lot of endangered and probably-or-almost extinct animals :smallfrown:

Heard that about the 'clean' pop. too. Fingers crossed.

We have the worst track record of any country when it comes to mammals

(Let's bring foxes, rabbits and cats to Australia! It will be BRILLIANT... not... Oh and Cane Toads, they will totally help us get rid of the cane beetle that lives at the top of Sugar Cane...):smallsigh:

We're better when it comes to birds: Only the Paradise Parrot on the mainland is extinct... though we have lost 7 races of commoner species. Many others are in free fall as well though the rains seem to have possibly stopped that for now. (Yay for mass breeding events!)

The good news is that we still have a lot of wilderness... that the government and developers want to develop...

In

Kislath
2011-06-13, 08:49 AM
Yikes. That's nasty stuff. I do like the wipe-out-one-species-specifically-to-save-another aspect, though.

Serpentine
2011-06-13, 08:52 AM
We're better when it comes to birds: Only the Paradise Parrot on the mainland is extinct... though we have lost 7 races of commoner species. Many others are in free fall as well though the rains seem to have possibly stopped that for now. (Yay for mass breeding events!)That's assuming we know what's gone extinct. As my ecology lecturer pointed out, a lot of the known endangered species are fancier, flashier bird, with small, dull, brown ones going largely unnoticed whether they're there or not.

Brother Oni
2011-06-13, 12:25 PM
Uh... Diseases have been around long before humans, much less before the human domestication of animals :smallconfused: Extended close contact with animals and each other certainly makes the spreading of them easier, and possibly causes them to evolve faster, but it definitely wasn't "the initial seed of diseases".

Sorry, I should have been more specific - I meant it was the 'initial seed of many human diseases'.

DemLep
2011-06-15, 04:45 AM
Humans.

And not for any save the world reason either. I figure if I wipe out Humans I don't have to hear that I made the wrong choice, or that Genocide is wrong, or anything else for that matter.

On a side note we do have access to buttons that wipe out entire species, you just have to push it more than once. In fact our buttons also have the add feature of either allowing a certain target or general target.

Also on the early topic of Mad Cow... Cow's are tasty.