PDA

View Full Version : Forum not updating with new post correctly.

Razgriez
2011-05-25, 06:46 AM
So yesterday, while I typing a new post in the "Real Roleplayers of Genius" thread in the Roleplaying games forum, my login timed out before I finished typing the post. I clicked Post reply, went to the log in screen, and the logged in.

I then got taken the screen which normally just says "Thank you for Logging in" etc etc, and then automatically goes back to whichever page you were on. So I waited, and the page didn't continue on. So I clicked the "Proceed" button which typically forces the above to occur. Still nothing. Giving up, I switched over to a new tab and went back to the forums that way, while closing the tab that "locked up"

well since then, my post has appeared in proper order (Post #29) but on the list of topics for Roleplaying games, the thread never got put back to the top of the page, and still list the forum member who posted before me, as the last person to post in the thread.

I've checked several other threads, and they all seem to be updating just fine with new post. So any solution to this?

-Razgriez

Flame of Anor
2011-05-28, 02:07 PM
This thread comes up every ten seconds on this board, FYI. No, there's no solution, except someone posting after the concealed post (which you shouldn't do if it's yours), but you can see it if you hit Reply.

Yuki Akuma
2011-06-01, 12:54 PM
Yes, this happens. Even without your log in timing out and the software failing to respond - even when the forum acts normally, sometimes the first post on a new page just doesn't appear until someone posts after it.

Jimorian
2011-06-01, 01:16 PM
Would a sticky with this and the "lynx" issue be warranted at this point?

Flame of Anor
2011-06-01, 03:09 PM
Would a sticky with this and the "lynx" issue be warranted at this point?

Seconded. Although it would probably cut down on this board's activity by 30%... :smalltongue:

Zherog
2011-06-01, 03:11 PM
Nobody reads stickies. ;)

Kobold-Bard
2011-06-01, 05:42 PM
Nobody reads stickies. ;)

Well make a sticky, and then anyone who makes a thread about it after that (maybe have a weeks grace period) should have their thread mocked by the mods and their usertitle changed to "Dumbass in the Playground" for a week as punishment.

NerfTW
2011-06-01, 07:32 PM
Well make a sticky, and then anyone who makes a thread about it after that (maybe have a weeks grace period) should have their thread mocked by the mods and their usertitle changed to "Dumbass in the Playground" for a week as punishment.

I can honestly say a board where the mods are able to break the no flaming and no insulting other members rules would be a fairly terrible board.

NineThePuma
2011-06-02, 02:25 AM
I can honestly say a board where the mods are able to break the no flaming and no insulting other members rules would be a fairly terrible board.

Sadly, they exist. Fortunately, this isn't one of them.

But I second the sticky. I actually come in to check the site issue threads a bunch, cause you never know when someone else asking about something will save you making the same thread later.

Kobold-Bard
2011-06-02, 04:19 AM

Perhaps...

Rawhide
2011-06-02, 05:04 AM
At this moment I count... seven stickies in this forum. I hope I got that right, that's more fingers than I have on one hand and I sometimes get confused when I try to count with two hands.

We don't want to flood the forum with stickies to the point that regular threads cannot be seen.

As for everything else, I'm just going to pretend I didn't see suggestions that we publically humiliate our posters, that's not how things operate around here.