PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a build decision

Titanium Fox
2011-05-25, 12:22 PM
I've got a halfling Rogue 3/Fighter 2 that I've built, and I have a general direction for him to go. But the actual prestige classes I want to use are up in the air. I have a couple of ideas, but what does the Playground think?

Rogue/Fighter/Master Thrower/Whisperknife?
Rogue/Fighter/Invisible Blade/Whisperknife?
Rogue/Fighter/Avenging Executioner/Whisperknife?
Rogue/Fighter/Master Thrower/Invisible Blade/Avenging Executioner?

Or something else inparticular in that direction? He's focusing into throwing daggers, as per his fluff.

theForce017
2011-05-25, 12:33 PM
Definitely go Master Thrower for Palm Throw which allows you to throw two daggers in a single attack and then Weak Spot which allows you to make ranged touch attacks with every attack. Way Awesome. As for feats, take Dead Eye (http://www.realmshelps.net/cgi-bin/featbox.pl?feat=Dead_Eye) which adds Dex to damage for ranged. This helps your daggers do more than 1d3. (Small weapons suck but its ok...I played a halfling as well)

Also if possible, try to fit in Halfling Paragon if you think it is necessary. Helps with damage and Dex boost and save bonus. Very nice all around.

Titanium Fox
2011-05-25, 12:35 PM
Thank you so much, I have been looking for a feat like that for ever. Now the question is will the PbP DM clear Dragon Magazine. XD

theForce017
2011-05-25, 12:38 PM
Thank you so much, I have been looking for a feat like that for ever. Now the question is will the PbP DM clear Dragon Magazine. XD

Not a problem, I'll try to get ya some more info on Throwers. Wouldn't recommend Invisible Blade by the way because errata changed the feint ability to only once a round but that's just me.

Titanium Fox
2011-05-25, 12:39 PM
I've never actually paid much attention to the Eratta, but that's something to definitely keep in mind. Maybe replace Invisible Blade with the Halfling Paragon levels. That thrown weapon bonus and +2 to Dex look mighty alluring.

theForce017
2011-05-25, 12:46 PM
I've checked the errata for my halfling build and haven't noticed anything else so you shouldn't need to worry about it.

If you can, get a Mithril Shirt. This armor is good for roguish characters. No armor check penalty, +4 AC and Max Dex of +6 which is awesome for throwers since they are Dex built. Then possibly add the Speed enhancement from MIC for 6,000gp to get Haste (for 1 round) three times a day. (Basically two more attacks for that round if you are going two weapon fighting)

theForce017
2011-05-25, 01:03 PM
Posted my Halfling build in my signature. If you have questions about feats or anything...go for it.

Titanium Fox
2011-05-25, 01:20 PM
Any other items you recommend? Or ways to bypass the +6? I'm planning on getting my Dex to ridiculous levels, like my Lycan did (he was at a 38 Dex when all was said and done in that campaign).

theForce017
2011-05-25, 04:11 PM
My Dex gets up to 33 (+11) but there is an armor property of a +1 in MIC that raises max dex by 1 and lowers armor check penalty (which is useless with mithril) but there is a better version of this in Faerun somewhere (I'll let ya know if I find it) but it raises max dex by 2 and lowers armor check penalty by 1 instead. Same price but way better.

Nimbleness is in Magic of Faerun p. 137 and is still +1

Hirax
2011-05-25, 04:20 PM
If you can't find armor to fully accommodate your dex, you might switch to bracers of armor and then take a couple levels of swordsage for wis->AC. Also, bloodstorm blade might be worth looking into, at first level one of their abilities causes any weapon you wield to gain the equivalent of the returning property, and you get the throw anything feat for free at first level.

Keld Denar
2011-05-25, 04:21 PM
Otherwise use Gnome Twist Cloth (Races of Stone). Its Exotic, gives +0 AC bonus, and no max Dex, but if you don't take the EWP with it, you simply lose its ability to apply it to touch AC, not a huge loss. Then you enchant it with pluses and have your friendly cleric cast Magic Vestaments on it. Its like not wearing any armor at all, except you get a free body slot to pile on more enchantments.

Greenish
2011-05-25, 04:22 PM
If you can't find armor to fully accommodate your dex, you might switch to bracers of armorI prefer gnome twistcloth or dastana.

King Atticus
2011-05-25, 06:18 PM
Otherwise use Gnome Twist Cloth (Races of Stone). Its Exotic, gives +0 AC bonus, and no max Dex, but if you don't take the EWP (EAP) with it, you simply lose its ability to apply it to touch AC, not a huge loss. Then you enchant it with pluses and have your friendly cleric cast Magic Vestaments on it. Its like not wearing any armor at all, except you get a free body slot to pile on more enchantments.

Just looked it up, It looks like it gives a +1 AC bonus. Great find for the dex based character, it's the first I'd heard of it.