PDA

View Full Version : Two feats for a Hobgoblin Swordsage...

Dusk Eclipse
2011-05-25, 01:31 PM
I was revising my build for a game that I expect to start on june; and I came to the conclussion I had to feats that were just wasted feat slots.
Here is my current feat progression (Ranger 2/Swordsage 10 ECL 12)
1Weapon Finesse
3Adaptive Style
6 Exotic Weapon Proficiency (DragonSplits)
9 Shadow Blade
12 Darkstalkers.

Bonus:
Improved Unarmed Strike (Unarmed Swordsage)
Weapon Focus (Shadow Hand)
Two weapon fighting
Improved Two weapon fighting (gloves of the balanced hand).

I was considering loosing the EWP and Darkstalkers (after talking with a few friends about past adventures with this DM, it seems it won't be needed).

I am considering taking Snap Kick instead of EWP; but I don't know what would be a good option to take instead of Darkstalker; I had an awesome idea that required both Snap kick and Imp. Tripping; but that would means it would need to wait till level 15 (stupid combat expertise); so any ideas for this guy?

gorfnab
2011-05-25, 02:26 PM
Darkstalker - very nice especially for scouting
Snap Kick - extra attack = more damage
Craven - if you're using Assassin's Stance this will give you a nice damage boost
Gloom Razor - works great with Assassin's Stance and Darkstalker

Greenish
2011-05-25, 03:42 PM
Now how about that wild cohort for your tiger? :smalltongue:

What were you planning to with the dragonsplits?

Godskook
2011-05-25, 04:38 PM
You could just drop the Ranger levels, assuming the TWF was the point of dipping.

Craven - if you're using Assassin's Stance this will give you a nice damage boost

iirc, there RAW on this is shaky at best, so check with the DM before using it.

Keld Denar
2011-05-25, 04:55 PM
What do you hope to get out of Dragonsplits? I mean, unless they have a "counts as weapon X for purpose Y" clause like the Elven Courtblade does, they aren't Shadow Hand weapons and thus don't work with Shadow Blade. The primary reason to use Dragonsplits is to get 1:1 PA with both hands without wasting a feat on OTWF and to combine them with EWM's Uncanny Blow ability to get 2:1 PA with both hands. Since you are doing neither...why? Shadow Blade pretty much hand-ties your weapon choices.

My favorite all-purpose filler feat is Quick Recovery from Lords of Madness, same source as Darkstalker. Its a pretty ingenous get-out-of-jail-free card for anyone with decent saves, even against things that normally don't allow saves, like a Blasphemy to the face.

Thrice Dead Cat
2011-05-25, 05:23 PM
iirc, there RAW on this is shaky at best, so check with the DM before using it.

It's about as shaky as using Mobility armor to qualify for anything requiring Mobility: the Feat.