PDA

View Full Version : Pirate campaign

Elrihm
2011-05-25, 05:40 PM
Hey guys, I'm currently DM'ing a nautical themed campaign, and I was wondering if anyone had any neat adventure ideas.

Mauther
2011-05-25, 05:43 PM
more info. Are the characters pirates, or are they hunting pirates? Are you partial to any particular setting?

Kaeso
2011-05-25, 05:44 PM
Hey guys, I'm currently DM'ing a nautical themed campaign, and I was wondering if anyone had any neat adventure ideas.

I tried running one of these once, but it failed.
The premise was pretty simple: a bunch of traders got blown off-course during a sea travel, arrived on an undiscovered continent and returned with gold and jewels. Sadly, they died not too long after their arrival (because of some exotic disease). Now there's an extravagant captain that wants to explore said continent and become filthy rich. Nobody wants to join him on this extremely risky journey, save for a handful of his crewmembers. This means he has to fill the gap by hiring adventurers.

Of course, this captain isn't the only one looking for treasure and the other treasure hunters aren't exactly willing to share. Oh, and if they finally get on land, there's a lot of fun things you can do with the natives.

The Big Dice
2011-05-25, 05:48 PM

Take all your standard adventuring ideas and put them on a ship. Instead of the dungeon being in a lost valley, it's on a lost island. The BBEG's fortress isn't in a volcano, it's in a volcano that's surrounded by ocean.

Aboleths! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYz6qMbWpAw)