PDA

View Full Version : Tweak my BBEG

veven
2011-05-25, 06:49 PM
I made a Spirit Shaman BBEG in an E6 campaign. He uses summon natures ally to do his dirty work and most of his other spells are winter themed for flavor reasons.

He is a 6th level spirit shaman with 2 "epic" feats and the shakey flaw.
stats are 10,14,14,10,16,16
Feats are: Spell Focus (Conj), Augment Summoning, Rapid Spell, Spontaneous Summoner, Ashbound, Child of Winter (for flavor reasons and spider swarms), & Metamagic School Focus (Conj). Thinking about adding Beckon the Frozen (again for flavor reasons).

I haven't chosen gear yet, so suggestions there would be good, although he does have the Ring of the Beast (treats his summoning spells like they were 1 higher, so he effectively has like...10 Summon nature's ally III spells a day)

The spells he will most likely have retrieved when they fight him are:
0: Create Water, Detect Magic, Resistance
1: Winged Watcher, Snow Sight, Camouflage
2:Obscuring Snow, Creeping Cold
3: Ice Lance

I was thinking about going with Entangle and Arctic Haze but my players are sadly not all that creative and I have a feeling that might kill them (if you can convince me otherwise I might still do this).

He'll have been studying the party for a while so he'll have a pretty good idea of their capabilities.

Dylaer
2011-05-25, 07:17 PM
What race is he?
What type of environment are you going to have him fight in?
Does he have any henchmen or minions (discounting summoning)?

Other than that, if you don't want to combing entangle and arctic haze, just use entangle on it's own maybe, have the summoned flunkies do some damage while he heals, or something.

veven
2011-05-25, 07:36 PM
Sorry, He's a human. The environment is unclear yet but if it's snowy I might retrieve blood snow instead. There is a fair chance the fight will take place either in some plains or in a volcanic region as well. He is the leader of a cult so he'll have minions but for the battle I have in mind the minions will have already been dealt with so it will most likely just be him and his summons.

He'll probably start the battle with 1d3 hippogriffs already summoned.

I don't know if I'm playing with kid gloves or not...there is stuff I want to do that I know could turn out poorly. I don't want to kill the party but this guy will and I think that I just need to get over that over-protective feeling as a DM. I think it would be hilarious if the hippogriffs tried to grapple the weaker party members and then just drop them from 100 or so feet high. I'm just afraid my players won't be prepared enough to have rings of feather fall..Maybe I'll try to kill them with falling damage one before I do something like this. Sorry I'm ranting haha. I worry about my players too much.