View Full Version : Does this weapon property exist?

Kaje
2011-05-25, 08:20 PM
Is there a way to make weapons "collapsible" so that say, a longsword blade could fold up into the hilt?

Why yes, I am trying to make a lightsaber, thank you.

TroubleBrewing
2011-05-25, 08:24 PM
There's a Glove of Storing which can store 1 item you can hold in your hand.

Fluff it as the handle of a longsword, voila! Lightsaber.

Etrivar
2011-05-25, 08:25 PM
Not that I know of. The closest thing that I can think of is sizing, but that doesn't really fit your needs.

You could always just homebrew a brilliant energy weapon whose blade will disappear and reappear with the touch of a button, or the speaking of a command word.

TroubleBrewing
2011-05-25, 08:30 PM
Brilliant energy is kind of a crap property, though (IIRC).

Not being able to attack constructs, Undead, or objects is kind of a serious detriment.

Kaje
2011-05-25, 08:31 PM
Thank you. Anyone else?

Also, just because, I'm making a gestalt Jedi.

Esper Knight (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169532) 20//Swordsage 5/Incarnum Blade 1/Bloodstorm Blade 1/Swordsage 13

Uses the Esper Knight bonus feats to get Iron Heart maneuvers for BsB. Got force powers, mad sword maneuvers, throwable lightsaber, full bab and good skills

TroubleBrewing
2011-05-25, 08:47 PM
That's a sweet Jedi build. My usual route is Psychic Warrior 20. :smalltongue:

I hadn't seen the Esper Knight until now, though.

Marnath
2011-05-25, 08:56 PM
Is there a way to make weapons "collapsible" so that say, a longsword blade could fold up into the hilt?

Why yes, I am trying to make a lightsaber, thank you.

The Star Wars Saga Edition has lightsaber stats. 2d8 untyped energy damage that over comes most/all DR I think. Could be wrong, I've never played it.

Big Fau
2011-05-25, 08:58 PM
The Rod of Surprises (MiC) can do something similar. Getting it enhanced further may be problematic though.

Qwertystop
2011-05-25, 09:04 PM
You could use the Sizing weapon property, add a handle-shaped cup which the real handle sits in, and shrink the longsword to be small enough to be a longsword for a Diminutive creature (size category as an item is Diminutive-). The fake handle is still there, and the weapon will sit inside it so you cant lose it. To make sure you won't lose it, add a double-door flap to the opening of the cup, springloaded so it will close when the weapon no longer extends beyond the cup's opening.

Thurbane
2011-05-25, 09:08 PM
I'm AFB at the moment, but I'm almost certain that such a weapon property does actually exist (besides sizing). Possibly in the Arms & Equipment Guide? From memory, it specifically says it shrinks to a certain size so it can be hidden from body searches...

Veyr
2011-05-25, 09:10 PM
I'm AFB at the moment, but I'm almost certain that such a weapon property does actually exist (besides sizing). Possibly in the Arms & Equipment Guide? From memory, it specifically says it shrinks to a certain size so it can be hidden from body searches...
I seem to recall this as well.

Re'ozul
2011-05-25, 09:14 PM
Yes it does exist:

Hideaway weapon (Races of the Wild p171)

as a free action the weapon folds into a small cylinder that can easily be concealed (to conceal sleight of hand +2) can be done on any wepon.
Price: 7500gp

Thurbane
2011-05-25, 09:19 PM
Yes it does exist:

as a free action the weapon folds into a small cylinder that can easily be concealed (to conceal sleight of hand +2) can be done on any wepon.
Price: 7500gp
That's the one! :smallbiggrin:

holywhippet
2011-05-25, 10:25 PM
So basically you can have a hammerspace weapon? Sounds perfect for any tsundere characters in a campaign.

gomipile
2011-05-25, 11:18 PM
Looking at the weapon properties in MiC, I would houserule this as one of the ones that does not ad a + to the weapon, only cost.

So a +5 longsword with this property would still be +5, it'd just cost a bit more.

Cog
2011-05-25, 11:22 PM
Looking at the weapon properties in MiC, I would houserule this as one of the ones that does not ad a + to the weapon, only cost.

So a +5 longsword with this property would still be +5, it'd just cost a bit more.
That is already the case, so it's a very simple houserule to make. :smallcool:

Greenish
2011-05-27, 12:39 AM
Yes it does exist:

Price: 7500gpIt was reprinted in MIC, at cheaper price, I seem to recall.

Amnestic
2011-05-27, 12:56 AM
It was reprinted in MIC, at cheaper price, I seem to recall.

They changed it to 2000gp in MIC, but also from free action to swift.

NNescio
2011-05-27, 01:37 AM
So basically you can have a hammerspace weapon? Sounds perfect for any tsundere characters in a campaign.

+1 Hideaway Merciful Knockback Warhammer.

Kaje
2011-05-28, 07:41 PM
Perfect! Thank you guys so much!