PDA

View Full Version : Binder Build Help

Ivanovich Redoc
2011-05-26, 01:22 AM
I am preparing for a game in which I will be playing a binder but I am running into a wall optimizing this character.

The character needs to be level 15, with half normal gp by level, no spiked chain, no psionics, and AEG feats along with most Wotc d&d books are allowed. I plan on taking three binding related feats.

the campaign is low magic and very social interaction based. Common enemies include Archers and Crossbowmen.

My allies will be an archer that does incredible damage, A warlock that does decent damage, avery tricky dex based fighter, A rogue/spymaster, and a cleric that has yet to be built.

my thoughts so far are to use tenebrous's darkness ability to disable the archers ability to properly, switch it to them and then charge+sudden strike w/ chupoclops's pounce, malphas's sudden strike, and two abilities that double charge damage. I was planning on using a cloak that gives me the protection from arrows spell CL 9 and the snatch arrows gloves from the dmg. this leaves me in the lurch when something doesn't take sudden strike damage, when there are enemies out of reach when i end my turn, and when they end up in close quarters.

I need a set of feats, magic items and a template that will let me kick ass.

Quirp
2011-05-26, 01:25 PM
First: You can use 8th level vestiges with the right feat and they are both great, use at least one of them (walls in front of archers or 50 % miss chance are both great protective abilities).
Social interaction screams Naberius. If you want to use ranged attack abilities Sudden Ability Focus is good for the tougher enemies. Improved Binding is a must have and Expel Vestige greatly improves your ability to react to situations you havenīt planned for. Unseelie Fey might be a good template as is Dragonborn.
For magic items the Tooth of DalverNar(Savnok) is great, when you want to use medium or heavy armor.

I hope that helps at least a bit.

Greenish
2011-05-26, 07:56 PM
First: You can use 8th level vestiges with the right feat and they are both great, use at least one of them (walls in front of archers or 50 % miss chance are both great protective abilities).Ashardalon is pretty neat, too.

Ivanovich Redoc
2011-05-29, 11:43 AM
sorry i didn't respond earlier, I had blackouts and stuff.

First: You can use 8th level vestiges with the right feat.

what page is that on?

Are the vestige phylacteries worth it, cause I was thinking of having buer, dantalion, and naberius, or some mix of more combat oriented vestiges bound.

I really thought about taking the tooth of savnok, but I would have to wear armor at all times or start taking penalties. unless you can take out the tooth and then take the armor off...

Quirp
2011-05-29, 12:32 PM
Improved Binding (somewhere in the feat section, start: p72) allows you to bind vestiges as if you were two levels higher.

Both Dantalion and Naberius are good social vestiges, but I would choose one to get a more diverse set of abilities.

I think when the tooth is in your mouth it stays there, but you can get really good armor by using mithril breastplate or chain shirts.

The vestige phylacteries can be worth it if you donīt have time to rest often and/or face rapidly changing sorts of encounters (social/combat/...) often.