PDA

View Full Version : Bard in the abyss!!!!

Dr Pavo
2011-05-26, 12:34 PM
hello!!
Im playing a bard! that is on his way to the abyss, itīs lvl 4 iīve never played a bard so it will be very helpul if anyone could give me some advice, spells, equipment, feats.. and so on.:smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:

true_shinken
2011-05-26, 12:40 PM
That's the second level 4 character in the abyss poping out here in a very short time. I believe it's the same campaign...
Well, my advice is to get Inspirational Boost as a spell known and Song of the Heart as your level 3 feat. Inspire Courage and remember the Runaways' motto... Try not to die.

PollyOliver
2011-05-26, 12:55 PM
Well, it really depends on what you want to do. But inspire courage is the easiest thing to do well on a bard.

To do that: grab a badge of valor from the MIC if you can afford it and pick up the spell inspirational boost. Take the feat song of the heart at level 3. Use inspire courage. And...that's pretty much it. From there on, do whatever you want and have fun. Take dragonfire inspiration if it strikes you, or take snowflake war dance and/or multiclass into the Tome of Battle and hit things if it strikes you, or trip things with a whip if it strikes you (you're still low enough level that you've got a halfway decent chance). Other great spells include grease, glitterdust, and sleep, and silent image if you feel like being creative, and blur and mirror image if you're going to be close to the fighting.

Doc Roc
2011-05-26, 01:14 PM
hello!!
Im playing a bard! that is on his way to the abyss, itīs lvl 4 iīve never played a bard so it will be very helpul if anyone could give me some advice, spells, equipment, feats.. and so on.:smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:

I need a lot more information. Like open books, desired power level, things like that.

El Dorado
2011-05-26, 01:14 PM
Knowledges will be useful, particularly knowledge (planes). Make sure you can speak Abyssal and Infernal. Don't skip your bread and butter spells: glitterdust, invis, etc. Grab a magic weapon if you can.

Tokuhara
2011-05-26, 01:21 PM
I highly suggest you and your party hide under a big rock. This way, you have a 10% > chance of surviving.

gorfnab
2011-05-26, 01:37 PM
You may want to read through these handbooks.
Bard Handbook (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=8284.0)
Breaking Down Inspire Courage Optimization (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=9830.0)

Gwendol
2011-05-26, 02:11 PM
Take the bardic knack ACF, and the Collector of stories skill trick to help identifying the beings you encounter. Try and get ridiculously high diplomacy score, as it might help you out of getting killed.
For those times you have to fight do this during round one:

Swift: Inspirational boost
Standard: Inspire courage
Immediate: Activate Badge of Valour (MIC)

If you have Songs of the Heart (Eberron) you will give yourself and your allies +4 to attack, damage and saves vs fear.
Other feats you will want is melodic casting.

For your level 2 spell I recommend alter self or glitterdust.

Mauther
2011-05-26, 03:51 PM
pick up a drum, to help with the inspire, and move your alignment to neutral if its not already. Your going to need to be morally flexible. As others have pointed out, knowledges are your friends, and maximize your bardic knowledge. Others are going to have to do the fighting, you need to be able to do 2 things: wheel/deal and identify threats/opportunities.

true_shinken
2011-05-27, 08:16 PM
pick up a drum, to help with the inspire, and move your alignment to neutral if its not already.
But then your Inspire Courage will be less powerful, since you lose access to Words of Creation.

Luckmann
2011-05-27, 08:25 PM
Hello!!!

Going to the abyss at level 4 sounds odd!!

We need more information about your character, what books are acceptable and so on!!!