PDA

View Full Version : DND 3.5 Hombrew Cambion

Elemist13
2011-05-26, 06:25 PM
Hello everyone,

One of my players really wants to play a cambion in my upcoming campaign. I looked at the 3.5 abilities for it and decided to make a homebrow stat sheet. Would you guys look over it and give me your opinions.

Cambion
Str +6, Dex +4, Con +4, Int +2,
Medium Sized
Base Land speed 40 feet
Darkvision 60 feet
4 hitdice of outsider
4d8
BAB +4
Base Saves REF +4 FORT +4 WILL +4
two feats
Skill points 7x(8+int)
Climb, Gather Information, Hide, Jump, Knowledge Local, Listen, Move Silently, Sense Motive, Spot, Tumble
Proficient with Simple and Martial Weapons
Proficient with Light armor but not with shields
+2 Natural Armor
Immune to Electricity
Resistance Acid 5, Cold 5, Fire 5
Spell-Like Abilities
At will – Detect Magic
3/day –Invisibility
Alternate Form (Su) A cambion can assume the form of a specific Medium humanoid (typically a human, drow, elf, aasimar, tiefling, githyanki, githzerai, marrash, or gnoll, but sometimes a goblinoid) as a standard action once per day. This ability functions as a polymorph spell cast on itself as a 4th-level caster, except a cambion does not regain hit points for changing form and can assume only the form of that specific creature. A cambion can remain in its humanoid form until it chooses to return to its natural form.
Languages: Abyssal, Common, Telepathy Bonus languages: Celestial, Draconic, Infernal, Goblin, Elven
Favored Class: Rogue
LA: +1

GodGoblin
2011-05-27, 08:53 AM
Well firstly I dont actually know what a Cambion is, have you got a picture or a description?

From a purely mechanical standpoint that LA needs to increase, even with 4HD the LA is too low to warrant most of those abilities I would say.

Edit- Reading back over it maybe you would be better off keeping it as ECL5 but reducing the HD and givin more LA instead?

playswithfire
2011-05-27, 01:25 PM
According to wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cambion), a Cambion is "the half-human offspring of the union between a human male and a succubus, or of an incubus and a human female."

So, one could read it as a half-succubus and halving the succubus abilities might look like:

Size/Type: Medium Outsider (Evil, Native)
Hit Dice: 3d8 (17 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 15 (+1 Dex, +4 natural), touch 11, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+4
Attack: unarmed strike +4 melee (1d3+1)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Spell-like abilities
Special Qualities: Damage reduction 5/cold iron or good, darkvision 30 ft., immunity to poison, resistance to acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5, and fire 5
Abilities: Str 12, Dex 12, Con 11, Int 14, Wis 12, Cha 18
Alignment: Always evil
Level Adjustment: +3

Spell-Like Abilities: At will—charm monster, detect thoughts, suggestion. Caster level 6th. The save DCs are Charisma-based.

Elemist13
2011-05-27, 02:50 PM
Cambion is an old race from either first or second edition. It is the offspring of a female Tiefling and a Demon. They where introduced into 3.5 in the demonweb adventure but the stats were horrendous. First of all they got odd bonus to a few of thier stats with a +5 to strength if i remember correctly and a -10 to cha which i disagree with a demon having that big of a cut to charisma. They also listed thier favored class as Assasin which ive never heard of a PrC being a favored class. How much would you suggest increasing the LA by?

GodGoblin
2011-05-27, 03:57 PM
Not sure exactly but compare it to the Half succubus posted above and that should give a starting point.