PDA

View Full Version : Energy Absorption?

Wolfgang Hype
2011-05-26, 07:02 PM
Is there a way to make your character be healed by a certain energy type? Or is immunity the best you can really hope for?

Tvtyrant
2011-05-26, 07:03 PM
There is a template that gives you SR and adds powers to you if a spell fails to bypass it. Magic warped or something like that.

Drglenn
2011-05-26, 07:06 PM
I think there's also either a feat or a armour enchantment (I've been looking through a lot of both recently so yea) that heals you when you pass a save against a spell. Not exactly what you're looking for but yea

Zaq
2011-05-26, 07:26 PM
The Waist bind of the Phoenix Belt (that's a Totemist soulmeld) lets you activate fast healing when it prevents fire damage. Unfortunately, without Psionic Open Chakra shenanigans, you're not likely to get the Waist bind before ECL 14 (straight-classed Incarnate or Totemist). You can get it at ECL 11 if you go for Ironsoul Forgemaster, but that's not quite typical.

NichG
2011-05-26, 07:33 PM
There's a PrC in Frostfell that grants 50% absorption of cold damage.

Cog
2011-05-26, 07:38 PM
Mechanatrixes (planetouched of Mechanus) get this for electricity, IIRC.

Thurbane
2011-05-26, 09:18 PM
Mechanatrixes (planetouched of Mechanus) get this for electricity, IIRC.
Absolutely, that's what I was about to suggest. They're pretty nice as a PC race, if you can handle (or buy off) the LA +1. Doubly nice if you have someone in your group with an at-will electrical attack (Dragon Shaman etc.).

Mechanatrix - medium outsider (FF) 20 ft move (?), Dex -2, Con +2, Int +2, Cha -2, Shocking Grasp, Electricity Healing, FC: Any (?)

Darrin
2011-05-27, 06:36 AM
Is there a way to make your character be healed by a certain energy type? Or is immunity the best you can really hope for?

"Energy Sustenance", 9th level Dragonblood Cleric substitution level, p. 107 in Races of the Dragon. Spend a turn attempt as an immediate action to convert 3 energy damage -> 1 HP.