PDA

View Full Version : Gestalt Build

dark.sun.druid
2011-05-26, 07:15 PM
Okay, I'm looking for some opinions on something. I have a first level character built, but there is the potential that the game that it's for might be run as a gestalt campaign. So, my question is: what would be a good second class to take with the following character build, both crunchwise and fluffwise? Here is the character so far:

A Warforged Warlock who fights mostly in ranged combat, but when he is in melee range he uses a Talenta Sharrash (2h, reach, 1d10, 19-20x4). Feats: {Mithral Body; Unreactive (flaw); Improved Damage Reduction; Frail (flaw); Innate Magic}. I plan on using the alternate class feature for warlock found in Drow of the Underdark that gives you poisonous blood instead of Fiendish Resistance.
The backstory I have so far is that the Warforged was made in the last months of the Last War as an experiment by Aarren d'Cannith, who infused him with enormous amounts of magic. This resulted in both his chaotic alignment as well as his being a Warlock (so I'm substituting that for the Fey pact). In his spare time (i.e. when the party is sleeping) he likes to carve rocks into intricate sculptures, which he sells in town (and at 12th level makes into magic items to gain more money for the carvings as well as to help the party).

Any ideas? Also, if you want any more information just ask, and I'll do my best to answer.

Greenish
2011-05-26, 07:26 PM
How much do you want to melee?

MoI gestalts very nicely, and Chaotic Incarnate has ranged attack focus you might be able to use, while Totemist has amusing options on their own right, with more of a melee focus.

You could refluff either as your wild magic actually physically changing your body overnight.

dark.sun.druid
2011-05-26, 07:42 PM
How much do you want to melee?

MoI gestalts very nicely, and Chaotic Incarnate has ranged attack focus you might be able to use, while Totemist has amusing options on their own right, with more of a melee focus.

You could refluff either as your wild magic actually physically changing your body overnight.

I looked over Chaotic Incarnate, and it does look like a pretty good gestalt class. In answer to your question, I want to try to stay mostly out of melee, but I want to be good enough to keep up if I am forced into it. Another good thing about Chaotic Incarnate is that I could use it to heal the ability damage from Hellfire Warlock if I take that prestige.

dspeyer
2011-05-26, 07:47 PM
Surely Warblade or Warmage :-)

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2011-05-26, 08:46 PM
Ranger, preferably with both the Mystic Ranger and Wild Shape Ranger variants. Get Sword of the Arcane Order and you'll be able to cast Wizard spells, of a level that a Sorcerer of equal level would have access to, though only a few per day.

If you're CG aligned, go Warlock 20// Mystic Wildshape Ranger 5/ Enlightened Spirit 10/ Mystic Wildshape Ranger 5. Enlightened Spirit gets bonus EB damage but grants no caster level increase, so it is not an increase to the EB class feature, thus it is a separate class feature from the Warlock progression so the two should stack in gestalt. It gets extra invocations known in addition to your regular Warlock invocations, including granting access to Greater invocations a level earlier than normal. Non-gestalt Enlightened Spirit is a horrible, poorly designed class, but gestalt along side of Warlock levels it's a huge improvement and actually puts the character at the high end of Tier 3 or even low Tier 2.