PDA

View Full Version : Where is the War Fan statted out?

Chimera245
2011-05-26, 07:48 PM
I know I've read about this weapon in a book I own. I KNOW I have.

But now that I'm thinking of giving one to a character, I can't find it anywhere...

I've checked Complete Warrior and Adventurer. They seemed like the most likely candidates of my collection to have it. But they didn't.

I think it's in Oriental Adventures, but I don't own that book, so that's not the one I'm thinking of.

Where is it?

genmoose
2011-05-26, 07:54 PM
I remember seeing it in the old 3E Sword and Fist.

Chimera245
2011-05-26, 08:09 PM
Don't have that one either, so that can't be it.

If it helps, I have:

The core books,
DMG II and MM II,
Complete Arcane, Divine, Warrior, and Adventurer,
Expanded Psionics Handbook,
Savage Species,
Books of Vile Darkness and Exalted Deeds,
Manual of the Planes,
Dieties & Demigods,
Draconomicon and Libris Mortis,
Epic Level Handbook,
Unearthed Arcana.

I've been through any book that seems remotely likely to have it in there, but so far nothing.
I'm really surprised I didn't find it in one of the Complete books, since a lot of Oriental-themed stuff wound up in those...

Quietus
2011-05-26, 08:40 PM
It was, in fact, Sword and Fist that had it - I don't remember it being reprinted elsewhere. "Small" (3.5 update : Light) weapon, 1d6 damage, x3 crit. I can't remember if there was any special rules with it, maybe a bluff or sleight of hand type check to make it seem like it's not a weapon or something?

Blisstake
2011-05-26, 08:41 PM
Sandstorm has it.

Greenish
2011-05-26, 08:59 PM
Arms and Equipment Guide, Sword and Fist and Oriental Adventures all have the old War Fan.

Sandstorm has the Collapsing Crescent Fan.

[Edit]:
It was, in fact, Sword and Fist that had it - I don't remember it being reprinted elsewhere. "Small" (3.5 update : Light) weapon, 1d6 damage, x3 crit. I can't remember if there was any special rules with it, maybe a bluff or sleight of hand type check to make it seem like it's not a weapon or something?Bluff for bonus on attack rolls on the first round of combat.

CCF has an equal bonus against flat-footed enemies.

EccentricCircle
2011-05-27, 08:07 AM
I know of it from arms and equipment guide