PDA

View Full Version : [D&D 4e] Desert Pact - Warlock

Takkun1991
2011-05-27, 02:26 AM
I am making a new pact, for warlocks for my campaign setting.

It's a pact with desert spirits formed by Tieflings, which in my setting are desert nomads. I feel like that's a bit lame since Dark Sun is around, but that's what fit.
Anyhow, since I figured a number of Tieflings would use the pact, it would use both Con and Cha. Right now I'v got an at-will and the pact boon.

Pact At-Will:
Sand Bind - Warlock Attack 1
You point to the ground beneath your foe, and suddenly the ground turns to sand, grasping at them.
At-Will · Arcane, Force, Implement
Standard Action Melee touch or Ranged 10
Target: One creature
Attack: Constitution or Charisma vs Reflex
Hit: 1d8 + Constitution or Charisma modifier force damage. If the target was not on the ground, it falls to the ground prone without taking damage. If the target leaves its square before the end of its next turn, it falls prone in the square adjacent to the square it vacated. At level 21 increase the damage to 2d8 + Constitution or Charisma modifier force damage.

Pact Boon:
Desert Flow - Warlock Pact Boon
You use your arcane power to soften the ground beneath someone to sand and cause it to flow.
At-Will · Arcane
Free Action Close burst 10
Target: One creature in the burst
Effect: You slide the target 1 square. You may choose to turn the destination of that slide into sand. While that square is sand, it costs 1 extra movement to move into or out of that square, and no creature can shift into or out of that square.

Please let me know what you think. Also, any suggestions for feats for the pact (I think about 3-4 unique feats would be helpful), or encounter / daily powers (even just flavor for them).