PDA

View Full Version : True Creation spell question

Galacticz
2011-05-27, 02:40 AM
So I happened to stumble across something interesting. In the Eberron campaign setting, the siberys heir prestiege class gains access to the True Creation spell, if a player chooses, as a spell like ability, usable once per day. Under the spell's description, it says that it can create any type of non magical matter as long as the finished product is less than or equal to 1 cubic foot per caster level. Normally, True Creation requires 1 XP for each gp in value you create, but since it is a spell like ability it has no xp cost. This means you can create massive amounts of gold pieces each day for no cost.

I did the math, there are 1204 lbs of gold in a cubic foot. And in the dnd 3.5 core rules, a Gp is said to be identical to a US 50 cent piece. This means that in every pound of Gp there are 40 coins. 40 x 1204 x caster level/ day. At level 15 that's over 750k gold a day for free.

So tell me, do we have a unlimited wealth machine here? Or am I missing something?

Big Fau
2011-05-27, 03:41 AM
The errata changed it. It now has an XP cost.

Edit: And you are a little bit off. Using the Craft skill results in Xgp being created, but only 1/3 of the base materials being used up. You end up with three times the gold at the end of the crafting process, which has all kinds of exploits.