PDA

View Full Version : I need a weird weapon please

Nocte
2006-07-14, 04:33 PM
I wan't to make a fighter NPC who uses a weird weapon. What weapon can he use? And the source book. Only WOC books.

Telonius
2006-07-14, 04:37 PM
Weird as in "having weird powers" or weird as in, not a lot of people use it? And any limit on the bonuses to it?

Galahad
2006-07-14, 04:38 PM
Gyrspike. A double sword/flail from Sword and Fist.

Nocte
2006-07-14, 04:41 PM
not a lot of people use it.

Gyrfalcon
2006-07-14, 04:43 PM
random odd weapons I don't see often:

Dwarvern Urgosh
Gnome Hooked Hammer

Hm... sure others can come up with other items, but everything else I see in the books are variations on weapons I consider normal. *grins*

Nocte
2006-07-14, 04:44 PM
And it must be melee. :)

Fax Celestis
2006-07-14, 04:45 PM
Make your own!

Telonius
2006-07-14, 04:46 PM
Gladiator specializing in Net and Trident.

Gyrfalcon
2006-07-14, 04:56 PM
Both of those weapons are. double-weapons, so you need the TWF tree to get the most out of them, but melee weapons.

Don Beegles
2006-07-14, 04:57 PM
A wierd weapon, eh? Does it particularly have to be effective? 'Cause if not, there's this one where you take a squirrel and tie it to a stick.

I guarantee that noone else will ever be seen wielding one. ;)

Falrin
2006-07-14, 05:02 PM
The goblin in spiked armour.

An armless (the body part) monk.

A shieldbashing fighter.

A harpoon & spiked gaunlets/armour.

InaVegt
2006-07-14, 05:04 PM
A footbow (RotW), requires raptoran though

Rigeld2
2006-07-14, 05:04 PM
An armless (the body part) monk.

Do this.

Nocte
2006-07-14, 05:05 PM
A wierd weapon, eh? Does it particularly have to be effective? 'Cause if not, there's this one where you take a squirrel and tie it to a stick.

;D

I've seen that or at least something like that in a movie.

It doesn't have to be efective.

batsofchaos
2006-07-14, 05:06 PM
A Glove fitted with knives a'la Freddy Krueger It could do respectable damage for a small weapon, plus cause damage while grappling.

Nema_Fakei
2006-07-14, 05:08 PM
Go for a polearm - longspear, glaive, ranseur, etc., and use quick draw to switch to a more appropriate weapon. Or pick a, um, pick, and play for the criticals.

Falrin
2006-07-14, 05:18 PM
The gnome-swissknife-mech. It's a gnome with 2 odd devices tied to his arms. On a command word a specific weapon/item pops out. This ranges from a longsword to a grapling hook to a cooking pan.
It's prety effective as you can change to a specifi weapon as a free action (need a disarm, pop out the chain), but as we all know, it might be quit painfull when your towel pops out in the middle of combat.
You gotta love thinkering.

Kantolin
2006-07-14, 05:44 PM
I hardly see anyone use pretty much any of the double weapons. Namely, the Orc Double Axe, the Dire Flail, the Gome Hooked Hammer, the Two-Bladed Sword, and the Dwarven Urgosh.

Nobody ever uses the net or bolas either, and a few of the two-handed melee weapons never see any use (A /few/ people have Scythes, a /few/ Falchions, hardly anyone a Glaive or Halberd...)

A Javelin thrower would be interesting too.

Falrin
2006-07-14, 05:53 PM
A barbarian with handle animal and 2 trained badgers. He made 2 special holders for his arms, before combat he ties the badgers to his arms. Fear the Raging Barbarrian with The raging badgers.

Jarl
2006-07-14, 06:03 PM
To paraphrase Kung Pow: Enter the Fist, "You Need Gopher Chucks".

The gnome-swissknife-mech. It's a gnome with 2 odd devices tied to his arms. On a command word a specific weapon/item pops out. This ranges from a longsword to a grapling hook to a cooking pan.
It's prety effective as you can change to a specifi weapon as a free action (need a disarm, pop out the chain), but as we all know, it might be quit painfull when your towel pops out in the middle of combat.
You gotta love thinkering.
Go-Go-Gadget Warhammer +2?

-My bard has a whip (1d2) that, due to improvements he's made upon it, does an additional +4. That's 5 or 6 damage.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2006-07-14, 06:06 PM
spiked shield

Edit: http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=gaming;action=display;num=1152613219
or a couple of my homebrew weapons

Kaerou
2006-07-14, 06:18 PM
improved unarmed strike and gauntlets, maybe spiked. :)

Rolaran
2006-07-14, 06:29 PM

http://pc.gamespy.com/articles/695/695202p1.html
Not even me beaverstick? ^

Falrin
2006-07-14, 06:30 PM
Rat on a stick.

Nocte
2006-07-14, 06:35 PM
;D

Pleas no more animal weapons :S

Falrin
2006-07-14, 06:57 PM
It was a munchkin (the game) reference. And I still like my badgers.

Flaming gaunlets. And give him an item to restist cold damage. people tend to use it against anemies with their hand on fire.

A half-orc with a bite attack.

A normal sword with an illusion that makes it look like a crossbow.

Some magical spinning mixer-like poleweapon.

An archer who mastered the use of arrows in melee.

Bottles.

Rocks. First he's throwing them, than he uses them to hit stuff.

sin_sephiroth
2006-07-14, 06:57 PM
boot

1d3 bludgeoning damage 19-20/x4

on a critical hit, has 50% chance of lying target prone.

"if you dont shut up ill stick my boot..."

AdInfinitum
2006-07-14, 07:03 PM
What, not one mention of Gnomechucks? It's hard on the gnomes, but...

InaVegt
2006-07-14, 07:05 PM
throw everything and throw ally feats, some followers

waffle
2006-07-14, 07:21 PM
How about a simple, nonenchanted longsword. I can honestly say I've never seen anyone use this weapon.

Nema_Fakei
2006-07-14, 07:46 PM
Two handed Melee Weapons
Halfling
Cost: Variable
Damage: d6
Critical: x2
Range Increment: 5 ft.
Weight: 30 lbs.
Damage type: Bludgeoning and Embarrassing

Halfling: The halfling may only be wielded by characters of size Medium or larger. While the halfling is normally considered a bit simple, for the purposes of weapon proficiencies, the halfling is classed as exotic. Rangers who choose halfling as their favoured enemy may consider the halfling a martial weapon. Halflings may be modified (see Spiked armour) to be used as piercing weapons, although druids may not wield halflings with metal armour and must customise them in a more appropriate fashion (wooden stakes have negligible cost). The halfling racial bonus to thrown weapons is not conferred to the thrower of a halfling.

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-07-14, 07:48 PM
My favorite 'weird weapon' is the fan-like weapon from Sandstorm at the bottom right there:

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/sand_gallery/87601.jpg

Falrin
2006-07-14, 07:48 PM
Bags of dust.

You should get some rules for it but include not only bashing damage, but also the ability to easely rip open the bag and blind people.

Gyrfalcon
2006-07-14, 07:50 PM
Can you modify the halfling with an additional weapon? What about weapon toughness? weapon HP?

;D

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-07-14, 07:50 PM
Bags of dust.

You should get some rules for it but include not only bashing damage, but also the ability to easely rip open the bag and blind people.
I had a 2nd ed rogue that would grind glass into a powder and if the really bad guys came at him he'd toss it in their eyes for instant blindness. Ahhh, those were the days...

endoperez
2006-07-14, 07:52 PM
A traveler with a stick and a pouch for holding something small. He has a leather strap around his head, and is clad in well-worn leather clothes. He looks poor, well-suited to travel, and seems to have had bad luck lately.

He is a Druid. He has prepared Shillelagh (makes a Cudgel or a Quarterstaff magical weapon) and Magic Stones. Some part of his clothing is actually a sling, and he uses it to throw the Magic Stones.

The weapons themselves are very common, but the fact that even a Druid 1/Fighter X can do some of it makes it interesting. A Druid 3 also gets Wood Shape, and thus can change his non-weapon piece of wood into a cudgel/quarterstaff, which he can make magical with Shillelagh. High Wisdom adds more spells, and of course, he might be a good Monk.

NullAshton
2006-07-14, 08:12 PM
How about a double flail? That would be pretty cool, and weird.

gregory_carslaw
2006-07-14, 08:39 PM
Three-peice-staff
An ingenious weapon with no practical value except for showing off :D
Also revoke the normal nonproficiency rules but instead say that on a natural 1-3 the user strikes him/herself

SpiderBrigade
2006-07-14, 08:49 PM
Too bad it has to be melee. The Flying Guillotine (http://www.reel.com/Content/reelimages/reviews/rev_master_guillotine.jpg) is kinda cool (Personally I think the flying head-removing basket from Heroic Trio is 1000 times more awesome, but I couldn't find a pic :'().

The_Logic_Ninja
2006-07-14, 09:14 PM
Three-peice-staff
An ingenious weapon with no practical value except for showing off :D
Also revoke the normal nonproficiency rules but instead say that on a natural 1-3 the user strikes him/herself

The three-section staff is no Dire Flail. While it's difficult to master, it's actually a startlingly effective weapon, capable of being effective at reach or up close.

Peregrine
2006-07-14, 10:17 PM
I've always rather liked this...

Bladed Cloak
Basically a cloak with blades sewn into the hem. A character wearing a bladed cloak is always considered armed, and the cloak may not be disarmed or sundered.
Large Exotic Weapon (yes this was written for 3e, I'm pretty sure that makes it two-handed now)
1d6 slashing; 19-20/x2
40 gp; 8lb

(Obligatory stuff: The bladed cloak is Open Game Content from the Ultimate Equipment Guide, (c) 2002 Mongoose Publishing.)

Gyrfalcon
2006-07-14, 10:27 PM
The rules for it are wonky. It's a cloak, and infinately sunderable. Cloth has horrible DC and HP compared to metal. :P

Brickwall
2006-07-14, 10:34 PM
Melee weapon? Odd? Okay, wield two shields, one spiked, and take Improved Shield Bash and TWF. Not sure if it'd be effective, but it'd be weird.

You know what you don't see much these days? Spears. I can honestly say I don't see many regular old spears 'n shortspears these days.

Prometheus
2006-07-14, 10:35 PM
Throwing Knives (treat as darts, except slashing)
Spiked Gauntlets
Two heavy shields (bashes with them)
Falchion
Whip

those are jsut some weapons that haven't been said and don't require additional work.

Yvian
2006-07-14, 10:55 PM
Kris

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kris

Treat as a longsword. It's weird, but easy to use.

Brickwall
2006-07-14, 11:01 PM
Throwing Knives (treat as darts, except slashing)
Spiked Gauntlets
Two heavy shields (bashes with them)
Falchion
Whip

those are jsut some weapons that haven't been said and don't require additional work.

I fixed your list. Also, it might interest you to know that my favorite Fighter has both a Falchion AND a whip.

PandaNecromancer
2006-07-14, 11:13 PM
A tempered croquet hammer. Treat it like a warhammer in every way, but it gives you a +2 circumstance bonus to thwacking balls through hoops.

Jenrock
2006-07-14, 11:21 PM
The mercurial greatsword is great ususual weapon. I think it might be in the Arms and Equipmen guide, but I'm not sure.

PandaNecromancer
2006-07-14, 11:24 PM
Wield two shortspears. Seriously, I have not seen many people use spears when they are, in fact, one of the simplest and most effective weapons ever created. Call yourself...The Syringe lol

Prometheus
2006-07-14, 11:27 PM
I fixed your list. Also, it might interest you to know that my favorite Fighter has both a Falchion AND a whip.
Is it because they are both shield bonuses and wouldn't stack? It had just seemed to make sense that it would, so I figured that should be overruled, but that's still bending a rule.

Well that's pretty sweet, I had always thought that the falchion was the best martial weapon (in terms of damage) but had never seen it used, besides a low-level fighter character I had in a campaign that ended up not going anywhere.

The whip I've seen before (oddly our Sorcerer thought it would be good to take a feat to use it in a worse case scenario), but it is endlessly awesome weapon for any character,

Brickwall
2006-07-14, 11:31 PM
The shield thing was because I had posted the idea right above your post, and you specifically said things that have not been mentioned (I should have also crossed out the whip, since at least two other have said it).

Prometheus
2006-07-14, 11:58 PM
The shield thing was because I had posted the idea right above your post, and you specifically said things that have not been mentioned (I should have also crossed out the whip, since at least two other have said it).
oh, I feel dumb. It's because I'm a slow poster ( ihave no excuse for the whip :P ).

Delcan
2006-07-15, 12:08 AM
A few weird weapons come directly to mind:

http://images.google.com/url?q=http://csd.varlew.net/cc/ccmerch/sergefig.jpg
The Swallow, Serge's weapon from Chrono Cross. Treat it like a double axe with 20/x2 crit, that can be finessed.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c3/Kusarigama.jpg/450px-Kusarigama.jpg
The kusarigama. There's stats for this in the DMG I think, under Asian Weapons.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/55/Tonfa.jpg
And on that subject, how about a good old tonfa? In the right hands, these things are nasty.

PandaNecromancer
2006-07-15, 12:27 AM
A few weird weapons come directly to mind:

http://images.google.com/url?q=http://csd.varlew.net/cc/ccmerch/sergefig.jpg
The Swallow, Serge's weapon from Chrono Cross. Treat it like a double axe with 20/x2 crit, that can be finessed.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c3/Kusarigama.jpg/450px-Kusarigama.jpg
The kusarigama. There's stats for this in the DMG I think, under Asian Weapons.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/55/Tonfa.jpg
And on that subject, how about a good old tonfa? In the right hands, these things are nasty.

I believe that Serge's weapon would double as a double-bladed sword or a double-scimitar, not an axe.

PandaNecromancer
2006-07-15, 12:29 AM
Heck, just go for a simple Dagger on a long rope. With quick draw as a feat, you can throw it at someone, then yank it back as a full round action lol. A knife of returning that costs much less :-P

Delcan
2006-07-15, 12:51 AM
I believe that Serge's weapon would double as a double-bladed sword or a double-scimitar, not an axe.

Probably true; I adapted the first thing that came to mind. Blame weekend laziness. :)

adriankas
2006-07-15, 01:58 AM
Try a Pata: a Sword Gauntlet, basically a longer version of a Katar
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pata_%28weapon%29
I have no clue about the stats though

Or try the long-flail-without-a-stick used by Go Go Yubari in Kill Bill... the Meteor Hammer: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meteor_hammer
Yet again, I have no clue about the stats

Brickwall
2006-07-15, 02:01 AM
Heck, just go for a simple Dagger on a long rope. With quick draw as a feat, you can throw it at someone, then yank it back as a full round action lol. A knife of returning that costs much less :-P

Or he could use the whip-dagger from 3.0 Arms&Equipment. Always nice.

alec
2006-07-15, 02:13 AM
You said no more animal weapons, but how about huminoid weapons. Specifically, the Goblin Flail!
Step one: Capture a goblin
Step two: Give goblin spiked armour and a collar.
Step three: Attach chain to collar.
Use the chain to swing the goblin at the enemy. Make sure the cleric keeps your goblin healed and alive, and dont forget to feed him. ;)

PandaNecromancer
2006-07-15, 02:13 AM
Or he could use the whip-dagger from 3.0 Arms&Equipment. Always nice.

*flicks* that's for being smarter than me lol

BelkarsDagger
2006-07-15, 02:21 AM
A hair of Chuck Norris's beard!!!

+50 Vorpal Staff
Chuck Norris's Property: As this hair once belonged to Chuck Norris, it is a Vorpal weapon even without a blade. Deal with it.
Bullet Deflection: Any and all bullet/projectile attacks made against a person weilding this staff miss, and return to attack the shooter with a +5 to hit, and +5 damage. Deal with it.

PandaNecromancer
2006-07-15, 02:23 AM
Lets try to keep CN out of non-CN boards. i think it'll only serve to irritate people :-X

The_Pyre
2006-07-15, 02:24 AM
A battle standard. It's a long stick used to hang banners for combat. Treat it as a bludgeoning guisarme. ;)

Nema_Fakei
2006-07-15, 07:37 AM
Dual-wield hammer and sickle.

Squangos
2006-07-15, 07:57 AM
Lantern Shield (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lantern_shield). Treat it as a spiked shield gauntlet / longsword with a built-in lamp, or something…

Tengu
2006-07-15, 09:48 AM
Footbow used by a non-raptoran would be strange for sure - a bow you have to fire while lying prone... but the weapon must be melee so nuh-uh.

Spiked chain is pretty weird in my book, but it's no longer uncommon as everyone and their dog use it these days. There is also no way someone would use that in real life, unless it's an ordinary chain weighted with something spiky or slashy on the end (a kusari-gama maybe?), but that's a different matter.

So... how about foot spikes from RotW? Or a dwarven buckler-axe?

Evil_Pacifist
2006-07-15, 02:00 PM
Have you considered working out with your DM an improvised weapon that could be "real"? Like a meat cleaver, or a shovel, to name some I have used. Always nice.

batsofchaos
2006-07-15, 02:32 PM
Dual-wield hammer and sickle.

YES. And they could call the party 'capitalist dogs' while attacking

Were-Sandwich
2006-07-15, 03:04 PM
Whilst we're talking about this type of thing, what was the weapon the clockwork ninja guy from the Hellboy movie used? They look like tonfas, but they're bladed.

Prometheus
2006-07-15, 03:59 PM
How about a garrote? (in my Song and Silence book, and therefore I assume also the Complete Adventurer)

StGlebidiah
2006-07-15, 04:52 PM
Waffle iron!

Paperclips!

Socks filled with copper coins!

Very thick books!

Ale mugs!

Wooden spoons!

Needles and thread!

AmberVael
2006-07-15, 04:57 PM
Use St. Glebidiah as a weapon.
Question!
If St. Glebidiah was masterwork, could make him a +1 dancing St. Glebidiah? Could he be used as a weapon and attack at the same time?

StGlebidiah
2006-07-15, 05:00 PM
Could I make perform checks too? =)

Jarl
2006-07-15, 06:36 PM
Bags of dust.

See the Discworld Splatbook for this weapon, as well as a feat chain for it.

Too bad it has to be melee. The Flying Guillotine is kinda cool (Personally I think the flying head-removing basket from Heroic Trio is 1000 times more awesome, but I couldn't find a pic)
The Flying Guillotine (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=gaming;action=display;num=1140492101 ;start=0#0).

More goodies, some are ranged, some are siege, and none have stats. (http://home.comcast.net/~jarl_the_radical/bjones/weap/weapons.htm)

-I suggest the scissor swords.

MrSeth
2006-07-15, 07:33 PM
My vote's for the Dwarven Battle Tankard. It deals 1d6 bludgeoning damage, has a crit of 19-20x2 and weighs 4 pounds empty... not a spectacular weapon, but it can hold your beer in battle!

Or, failing that... my most recent creation, the Pokey Thing. It's a Goblin polearm with 10-foot reach, deals 1d10 Piercing damage, has a crit of x3, and looks something like a sea urchin on a 10-foot pole.

Soul_of_Ice
2006-07-17, 12:59 PM
Great Whip!

Apply hand a half strength damage and make trip attacks!

EvilElitest
2007-03-22, 08:37 PM
Gyrspike. A double sword/flail from Sword and Fist.

That weapon would be impossible to use
from,
EE

Dairun Cates
2007-03-22, 08:47 PM
What you do is take a REALLY large bagette of old hardened bread and convince your GM it's a Great Club.

Apoc360
2007-03-22, 08:56 PM
It was a munchkin (the game) reference. And I still like my badgers.

Flaming gaunlets. And give him an item to restist cold damage. people tend to use it against anemies with their hand on fire.

A half-orc with a bite attack.

A normal sword with an illusion that makes it look like a crossbow.

Some magical spinning mixer-like poleweapon.

An archer who mastered the use of arrows in melee.

Bottles.

Rocks. First he's throwing them, than he uses them to hit stuff.

Do not underestimate the power of the bottle. A guy in my group was dropped to -1 Hp because of someone chucking bottles at him.

For the topic in hand...sheet of paper? Run around giving people papercuts. >=D

Maerok
2007-03-22, 09:20 PM
;D

I've seen that or at least something like that in a movie.

It doesn't have to be efective.

"Rat-flail!" Or even... "Rat Morningstar!!!!"

Nahal
2007-03-22, 09:28 PM
A tree. I friend of mine had one of these in an epic-level FR campaign. It was glamered to look like a riding crop.

Side note, the campaign ended shortly after his party killed Tyr.

Wojiz
2007-03-22, 09:35 PM
Epee.

Think a rapier or a sabre, except with a much bigger, circular guard that protects the whole hand rather than a side, a heavier triangular blade and generally pointed more directly at the opponent.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:%C3%89p%C3%A9e_complete.png

It might not be the 'weird' weapon you're looking for, but I don't think it's in any DND game, at least none I've ever seen.

On the note of a 'weird' weapon, I suggest one in Soul Calibur 3. It was called the 'Ring Blade' and used by Tira. It's basically a hula hoop with knives glued on.

http://www.trueswords.com/images/prod/c/tira_ring_blade_540.jpg

Tengu
2007-03-22, 09:38 PM
Now that's a prime example of...

Thread Necromancy
http://www.carlcritchlow.com/Resources/raise.jpg

Stormcrow
2007-03-22, 09:45 PM
Go a big rock. Princess Bride Style.

ocato
2007-03-22, 10:50 PM
I can't remember the movie, but this guy had a hammer with a spike on it for killing livestock so that a single blow to the head would pierce the skull and the brain. It had a heavy duty effect of breaking bones and/or stabbing a muscle so no matter where you hit them, it was going to be a mortal wound. I dunno how you'd stat that. Uh, 2 handed martial weapon, 2d6 (1d6 bludgeon 1d6 pierce) and probably a 19-20/x2 crit. You're the DM, do it how you like it.

EvilElitest
2007-03-22, 11:18 PM
Now that's a prime example of...

Thread Necromancy
http://www.carlcritchlow.com/Resources/raise.jpg

OH snap, that is my bad, as i just commented on a thread that i has gotton though a search. Really sorry their. How do i not do that in the future (becuase i like to use the search engine)
from,
EE

SpiderBrigade
2007-03-22, 11:34 PM
Well, that sounds like Texas Chainsaw Massacre to me, ocato, although that I believe was just a regular hammer rather than a spiky thing.

edit: @EvilElitest: when you're searching, just check the time/date of the last post.

lumberofdabeast
2007-03-23, 10:29 AM
http://pc.gamespy.com/articles/695/695202p1.html
Not even me beaverstick? ^
Use THA CHUCK-SHOT!

Even better: Exotic Weapon Proficiency (improvised).

elliott20
2007-03-23, 10:36 AM
a toothpick!!

jlousivy
2007-03-23, 10:41 AM
awe someone already used the gnomechucks idea......

well one of the most effective weapons in one of my last games (granted we had no ranged weapons because we were idiots thus had no real other choice vs the dragon) was me. We had a werewolf that had around a 35 str, and i was a really light gnome. So we just stripped me of my equipment besides my two daggers and ring of FF, and then the werewolf played darts.

And depending on the race.... get an undead that can remove it's own arm and beat people with it.

which is funny... it'd deal the damage of a club (1d6 x2) when dislodged, but when you actually use it as an arm it's (1d4 x2) o_O

as someone said in another thread, here's a weapon you'll never see used... http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=66428

Black Hand
2007-03-23, 03:25 PM
Here's couple of weird weapons...both of which are common and would be unusual for a fighter to 'focus' on.

1) One would be having him only use a shield, not spiked, just a nice solid metal shield and he delights the sound teeth make when he hits someone in the face with it.

2) The other option is just the humble club. This guy is never without a weapon, chair leg, good branch...whatever clublike object that's in reach or can be made in a jiffy.

Roderick_BR
2007-03-23, 04:06 PM
A shieldbashing fighter.
Get a large shield with the Bashing enchantment, Throwing, and Returning.
Get the feats Improved Shield Bash, Shield Especialization, Shield Charge, Shield Ward, Shield Deflection, and Fling Shield.
Then use a blue chainmail, with white wings in the head :D

I swear, I'll do it sometime :p

Jayabalard
2007-03-23, 04:26 PM
Kris

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kris

Treat as a longsword. It's weird, but easy to use.imo, treat it as a shortsword or dagger depending on the length; according to that article it's a stabbing weapon rather than a slashing weapon. so that matches better with a shortsword than a longsword.

KoDT69
2007-03-23, 04:37 PM
What about using a pit-and-pendulum torture device mounted on a wagon that the warrior pushes into melee. He then either hits opponents with it like a slow moving car or he just grapples them and drags them onto the device and chains them down. Then after that only 10 rounds till they get cut in half... Sure not effective but it sure has flavor!

ocato
2007-03-23, 05:20 PM
I want to say it was cold creek manor, let me try to hunt down a picture.

Fax Celestis
2007-03-23, 05:58 PM
Crossbow Bayonet.

CharPixie
2007-03-23, 06:45 PM
Meat hooks?
Fan?
Three section staff?
A wheel?
A razor?
Icicle?

goat
2007-03-23, 06:59 PM
The arm/leg/head of whoever he last killed. He can carry a meat cleaver for removing a new one after each fight.

magnar
2007-03-24, 12:26 AM
Sword-chucks!
Wand-chucks!
Gnome calculus, from A&E. Fires alchemical substances, or potions!
Sunrods, blinding and club-like!
A siphon or watering can which dispenses boiling oil
Lantern oil (in the calculus!), then either a lantern or a candle-on-a-spear to light 'em up
Drug syringes, it's as good as an illusion spell!

TSGames
2007-03-24, 12:29 AM
You should wield an ugly stick. It could be a club that does like 1d4 CHA damage or something.

Innis Cabal
2007-03-24, 12:48 AM
chain sword

Viscount Einstrauss
2007-03-24, 12:49 AM
Hopefully this joke hasn't already been done yet-

People. Have him wield people. I'd be terrified if I knew his grapple attempt was actually being made to use me as a bludgeoning weapon.

Mr Horse
2007-03-24, 09:06 AM
Sorry for contributing to the thread undeath, but how about two shields that have been sharpened into basically being large, circular blades, strapped to each forearm, so that they can't be disarmed. They could also provide a shield bonus using the same rules as a buckler, but with the AC bonus equal to the shield size type...
It could basically be used alternatingly as a TWF combo or a weapon/shield combo.
You could even also wield a small weapon in one or both hands for greater attack versatility/potential damage dealing. Though I'd rule doing that would require at least one specific feat on top of TWF and something similar to improved shield bash (improved shield.. slash??)

Leon
2007-03-24, 09:11 AM
Locharn: 6ft Haft with a Mace head on one end and a Longsword on the other, has reach

Katrena's Hook: Bascially a Handaxe with a spike for thrusting and a hook for tripping (Like a tiny halberd)

Mercurial Greatsword/Longsword

Khopesh

Maul

Fax Celestis
2007-03-24, 11:25 AM
Khopesh

I wasn't aware Khopesh's made it to 3.5.

Khantalas
2007-03-24, 11:25 AM
Was sugliin mentioned?

Cause that's one weird weapon.

Townopolis
2007-03-24, 12:13 PM
I have never, ever, seen someone use a pick.

An alternative would to go the shield route and the expertise rout, picking up exotic prof: Whip.

Use the whip to disarm and trip opponents who aren't in melee with you (provokes AoO) and then bash them to death if they are in melee with you. Use a large shield in your mainhand and the whip in your offhand. You won't use both weapons at the same time so you shouldn't have to worry about TWF penalties, just put the shield in your mainhand so you can get your full 1x strength bonus to damage.

Ninja Chocobo
2007-03-24, 05:08 PM
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m68/gammadog/motivator6316619.jpg

Four-handed Kama/Kama/Flail/Flail/Chain

RS14
2007-03-24, 07:25 PM
Urumi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urumi): A flexible sword. Treat it as a one handed exotic weapon with 15ft reach and 1d6 damage (slashing) and x2 critical that provokes AoOs (like a whip). It can trip. It is finesseable.

Armads
2007-03-24, 10:42 PM
TWF warhammers

or use a half-brick inna sock

KoDT69
2007-03-25, 01:12 AM
How about the mancatcher polearm from 2nd edition arms and equipment guide? A broken wagon wheel? A severed goblin leg as a club? Oh how about a water tank full of alchemist fire stuff and water pump gun and hose attached, with a torch as a flamethrower? What about a greatclub with an iron gauntlet mounted at the end? (huh huh like that episode of Beavis and Butthead where they had boxing gloves on baseball bats, huh huh) How about a CLAIVE? Not a GLAIVE, but a CLAIVE. It was an ancient Scottish weapon that was basically a 10 foot long blade heavy on the end with a 2 foot handle. The drunken Scotsmen would grab the handle and spin in a drunken stupor like an oblong pinwheel through the fields. Just imagine an organised brigade facing some whirling 10 foot machete blades! Awesome!
And yes the khopesh is in the 3.5 arms and equipment guide.

Leon
2007-03-25, 09:43 AM
I wasn't aware Khopesh's made it to 3.5.

Its in Sandstorm

Zincorium
2007-03-25, 09:47 AM
Four-handed Kama/Kama/Flail/Flail/Chain

Kusari-Gamas. DMG. Nifty weapons, same reach dealy as the spiked chain but they're light weapons with a d6 damage die, and I think some other bonuses. And while they don't look exactly like that, they're as close as you're going to get within the core rules.

Bagera
2007-03-25, 11:00 AM
Make him a drunken monk who fights with his own pants, you could even have them enchanted flaming and call them hot pants.

KoDT69
2007-03-25, 11:00 PM
A titan sized butter knife!
Bolas made from super bouncy balls to save gold on the returning property!
A black leather glove with a baby powder dispenser to make a puff when you slap someone open-handed!
A basket of shurikens shaped like flowers and painted all colorful!
A 3ft piece of 2x4 like the Hacksaw Jim Duggan!
A Loisville Slugger!
A magical potato gun!
A rolled up newspaper!
A picture of my mother-in-law on a stick!

Destro_Yersul
2007-03-25, 11:31 PM
Sword chucks have already been said, so...
This (http://www.gamedonga.co.kr/images/analysis_images_n/ninjagaiden/weapon3.jpg)
This (http://www.shadowofleaves.com/mr4.JPG)
or This (http://web.syr.edu/%7Ersosa/images/Scythe.jpg)

Don't have stats for the second one, but the first would be a Nunchaku that does slashing damage, and the third is a scythe.

Maquis
2007-03-26, 09:16 AM
A Tigerskull club (frostburn) but replace the Sabertooth tiger skull with an animated humanoid skull, possably Gnoll or Lizard folk.

Instead of bonuses to trip attacks it makes grapple checks, and could, depending on the nature of the animation, talk. Put an animated hand on the other end and it makes a (slowly) returning weapon, and offers bonuses Vs disarming.

ArmorArmadillo
2007-03-26, 11:40 AM
Give him the spine from a Dragon, which he uses as an over-sized Spiked Chain.

Kal_Torak
2007-03-26, 01:19 PM
I know this counts as an animal weapon, but the cat launcher is too funny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7y-ZHrfd-A

jlousivy
2007-03-26, 01:28 PM
my sides hurt from that one..

ArmorArmadillo
2007-03-26, 02:25 PM
Also, combine a large character and a Halfling.
Halfling casts Ironskin and Hold Person on himself, becomes his club.

hewhosaysfish
2007-03-26, 02:30 PM
Also, combine a large character and a Halfling.
Halfling casts Ironskin and Hold Person on himself, becomes his club.

That makes me think... what sort of large, strong monster has a petrifying attack?

Angafirith
2007-03-26, 02:36 PM
How about the Explosive Sling and Swordbow from the Magic Item Compendium?

To paraphrase (from my memory): A shot fired from an explosive sling explodes on hitting the target, doing some splash damage. The Swordbow can change between a Longbow and Longsword freely, and you can even switch between them during a Full Attack.

Lyesmith
2007-03-26, 03:02 PM
(Forgive me.i've been watching Python.)
a Comfy Chair! (If a grapple check is sucessfull,the enemy is forced into the chair,taking d6 damage / round.)
Churches! (Minatire chapel models,hurled from a sling.cause extra piercing damage,if used on undead will deal extra damage.)

Quietus
2007-03-26, 03:14 PM
That makes me think... what sort of large, strong monster has a petrifying attack?

Some sort of lycanthropic basilisk Giant?

Seffbasilisk
2007-03-26, 04:02 PM
Frostburn has a stick with dozens of antlers affixed to it. Full-round action to swing with it unless you take a feat to learn to use it beyond proficiency. I think that's weird enough.

Khantalas
2007-03-26, 04:03 PM
Sugliin! I already said that one!

Mael
2007-03-26, 06:04 PM
And speaking of Monty Python, a nine bladed sword. Nine bladed, not two, or five, or seven, but nine.

goat
2007-03-26, 06:18 PM
A comedy oversized quill pen, wielded like a spear by a slightly bookish character. It could have permanent shrink item cast on it, making it useful as an actual pen until you need to stab someone with it.

Then you can have the battle cry:
"MIGHTIER THAN THE SWORD!"

Reptilius
2007-03-26, 06:23 PM
Tie lemons to your hands while wearing spiked guantlets. Bonus Acid damage without spending a ton on enhancements!

Jaguira
2007-03-26, 06:24 PM
How about a Nagaika, from Masters of the Wild?

Tyrmatt
2007-03-26, 06:32 PM
I'm totally for the idea of a broken bottle (apologies for this), spin up the info for the WoW dagger "Barman's Shanker". Relatively crap weapon but no other item looks that cool :p
See what you can improvise from the situation too, though I think that might be unfair testing of your DM's patience. Improv quarterstaffs from mops and brooms or give your character a background as a butcherwho fillets the daily livestock of a town...TWF with a meat-hook and a filleting knife? Wouldn't want to see that charging me.

goat
2007-03-26, 06:46 PM
Now, obviously a hit with a meat hook should initiate a grapple with some sort of bonus, and the crit range on a cleaver should probably be pretty high.

That could be an oddly effective combo...

Winterking
2007-03-27, 08:11 PM
A spear of some variety. Sure, they're all simple weapons, but you seldom see them, at least as serious threats. Maybe combine it with the feat that turns spears into double weapons?

TimeWizard
2007-03-28, 11:10 PM
If someone already mentioned this, I apologize, but...

Try find a PC with a trident. One who isn't a merfolk.

...I didn't think so. And it's a martial weapon in the PHB.

Innis Cabal
2007-03-28, 11:13 PM
i fought a lizard folk with a returnig tridant once...in the Age of Worms game...fun times

If no one has mentioned this how about mouth darts?

Sardia
2007-03-29, 12:07 AM
Try the Rosham Bow.

Despite the name, very much a melee weapon.