PDA

View Full Version : Which class would be fun/best?

Lys
2011-05-27, 03:07 PM
Hey playgrounders!

Need to pick you brain on something...

What class would you give (one level only) to an ex harem belly dancer, to represent her time spent as a slave in Calimshan (desert setting)?

Before being capture, she was mostly a dexterity using-fighter going to become a Dervish.

Was thinking Battle Dancer (from Dragon Compendium, but its not really good) or bard. We are playing mostly with Pathfinder rules, but anything 3.0-3.5 is accepted normally.

Any other idea? :)

Thanks

Geigan
2011-05-27, 03:10 PM
I would say bard with perform dance would do it. Who was she a slave to? That might influence class choice because she may be imitating skills she saw from other slaves or individuals under the slave owner's direction.

Lateral
2011-05-27, 03:21 PM
...She got captured and forced into slavery when she had class levels? :smallconfused:

gbprime
2011-05-27, 03:22 PM
Well you need Perform in your background, then. You could get it by taking levels of Human Paragon (UA) and choosing Perform as the skill that sticks with you for your career.

Afterward, you can choose Rogue, Ranger, Swashbuckler, or whatever fits the Dex/Dervish fighting style that you're looking for.

Telonius
2011-05-27, 03:41 PM
Monk. Perform is a class skill, every part of the body is a weapon, and works best when not wearing anything. :smallbiggrin:

Talya
2011-05-27, 03:50 PM
Hey playgrounders!

Need to pick you brain on something...

What class would you give (one level only) to an ex harem belly dancer, to represent her time spent as a slave in Calimshan (desert setting)?

Before being capture, she was mostly a dexterity using-fighter going to become a Dervish.

Was thinking Battle Dancer (from Dragon Compendium, but its not really good) or bard. We are playing mostly with Pathfinder rules, but anything 3.0-3.5 is accepted normally.

Any other idea? :)

Thanks

Well, now this concept I like.

My favorite character I have ever played. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69461)

Bard. Definitely bard.

Angry Bob
2011-05-27, 03:52 PM
Depending on the optimization level of your game, monk may or may not take some work.

But yes, bard immediately springs to mind.

Big Fau
2011-05-27, 07:08 PM
Bard with a reflavored Snowflake Wardance (Frostburn) going into Gish PrCs (Jade Phoenix Mage, possibly with Song of the White Raven).

Hazzardevil
2011-05-28, 04:36 AM
If you have the dragon compendium then I reccomend a few levels in battle dancer, it's a bard and monk rolled in one, albeit not too well.

Big Fau
2011-05-28, 05:45 AM
If you have the dragon compendium then I reccomend a few levels in battle dancer, it's a bard and monk rolled in one, albeit not too well.

By "not too well" you mean "about as effective as the actual Monk class". The only reason to take levels in it is for Cha to AC and a +1 BAB.

gbprime
2011-05-28, 01:45 PM
And astute readers might note the OP considered battle dancer already and is looking for other options. :smallamused:

Hirax
2011-05-28, 02:48 PM
Cloaked Dancer from Complete Scoundrel is a possibility. It allows you make people dazed for a round by dancing. You need 10 ranks in perform (dance) to enter, though.

ericgrau
2011-05-28, 03:55 PM
Techincally she was an expert or maybe aristocrat if well treated but you could fit in a wide variety of classes to fit your preference to represent special training she got during that time.

Marnath
2011-05-29, 12:58 AM
Well, now this concept I like.

My favorite character I have ever played. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69461)

Bard. Definitely bard.

The link on that page is dead now. Can't see the character sheet.

Talya
2011-05-29, 06:57 AM
The link on that page is dead now. Can't see the character sheet.

Yeah...tangled web changed the path to their profiler. Anyway, this is a spellcaster instead of a melee, but the background is nearly identical to the OP.

http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler/view_char.php?cid=1001

Character Profile: Nara was born into a sultan's harem in Calimport. Her striking, fiery red hair was almost unheard of among those of Cali****e ancestry, but it was correctly surmised that the girl likely had Efreeti or Genaasi blood in her lineage. When Pasha Jhozim el Fadeel saw the young child with the fiery hair, he knew he had to have her for his own harem, and so the purchase was made.

Growing up in a harem provided Nara with ample opportunities to enhance her social skills and performing arts, as well as religious traning from the Sunite Headmistress Cassindra, but what surprised nobody was how magic came to her so naturally. Nobody understood to what extent, though, until the bugbear raiding party fought its way into the harem looking for the Pasha's blood. They received a warm welcome...warmer than they expected by far when flames burst from 17 year old Nara's hands, incinerating the lot of them. Nara received her freedom from the grateful Pasha in exchange for her act.

Lys
2011-06-02, 09:47 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys :)

Really looks like a fun build to play Talya ^^

Gonna stick with Swashbuckler 6 (its the version in Tome of Secrets, Pathfinder Compatible)/Battle Dancer 1/Dervish X

Not the most powerful build ever, but since its for my slave/cohort who I want to look as non dangerous as possible, its fun. Human with permanent Darkvision, and an invisible scabbard/scimitar wearing nothing but a belly dancer outfit following my drow cleric/warlock around.