PDA

View Full Version : Is there an "Infinite Ammo" Enhancement?

Sims
2011-05-27, 04:06 PM
If not, how high do you think it'd be? (I'm thinking a +3 or +4, but on a Gun type weapon possibly higher)

Vangor
2011-05-27, 04:07 PM
Nonspecial ammunition in my games is always infinite.

Alchemistmerlin
2011-05-27, 04:10 PM
Returning?

Sims
2011-05-27, 04:11 PM
Nonspecial ammunition in my games is always infinite.

It is in mine too, but I know later on you can expect to see some Holy Longbows, and I can't find anything on infinite ammo.

Vangor
2011-05-27, 04:16 PM
It is in mine too, but I know later on you can expect to see some Holy Longbows, and I can't find anything on infinite ammo.

But the longbow throws holy on to the ammunition when fired, does not change the ammunition from being nonspecial in my eyes. Still infinite until the ammunition itself is, say, a quiver of 20 human bane arrows.

Talentless
2011-05-27, 04:29 PM
I'd honestly say make a specialty quiver.

Example,

Quiver of Endless Arrows: No matter how many arrows/bolts are drawn from the quiver, it never runs out.
Wonderous item, Moderate Conjuartion, CL 7th

Tweak it, possibly allow enhancement bonuses to be applied to the quiver itself at the enhancement extra cost, therefore all arrows it produces gain the enhancement, like an arrow does when fired from an enhanced bow.

Also, could be off for the magic item creation stuff, but you get the gist of it.

/edit, as a pretty nice added bonus, the arrows function under Major Creation spell rules, so since they disappear after a certain number of rounds/minutes depending on the arrows, you can't have your players trying to be cute/clever and constantly drawing arrows to get a whole bunch of magic arrows to sell :smallwink:

in fact... looking back, my price was way off...

holywhippet
2011-05-27, 04:55 PM
http://www.enworld.org/forum/d-d-legacy-discussion/172874-wizards-tookdown-web-page-elven-longbow-quiver-anariel-stats.html

The quiver of Anriel is roughly what you want - it's a powered up version though.

Viktyr Gehrig
2011-05-27, 05:59 PM
Quiver of Endless Arrows: No matter how many arrows/bolts are drawn from the quiver, it never runs out.
Wonderous item, Moderate Conjuartion, CL 7th

This. But I wouldn't allow you to enchant the quiver. If you want special arrows, you can pay for them at the bulk rate.

Add an expensive material component to the quiver creation, though, and I would allow it to create silver or adamantine arrows.

Greenish
2011-05-27, 06:00 PM
Quick Loading (MIC) is +1 and holds 100 bolts.

Leon
2011-05-27, 10:47 PM
Custom item from a old game that i was in.

Cursed Braces that provided unlimited force arrows when used with a bow (they were unable to be removed once worn and you couldn't use any other type of ammo with the bow)

Thurbane
2011-05-27, 11:05 PM
MOAB - Mother of All Bows:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ask/20061227a

+2 Composite Longbow with unlimited arrows of force, and ranged Power Attack.

...there's also the Quiver of Plenty, in Dragon Mag Compendium. Unlimited masterwork arrows (including cold iron and silver)...

Coidzor
2011-05-27, 11:10 PM
^: Hank's Energy Bow. It's a good thing. :smallbiggrin:

And you get to say "Hank" which is always fun.