PDA

View Full Version : Nomadic plain race

zoobob9
2011-05-27, 09:04 PM
I have this kinda post apocalyptic realm I'm making, and theres and area thats just a ton of plains thats inhabited by a nomadic race of some sort. I was thinking Centaurs, but I'm unsure. Exclusively Centaurs seems kind of boring, but what else should there be? The only 2 rules are no Monsters like goblins or Githyanki and NO ELVES WHATSOEVER. Thoughts?

BillyBobJoe
2011-05-27, 09:05 PM
Halflings. Everything needs more halflings.

Fable Wright
2011-05-27, 09:12 PM
Catfolk? Big cats are a major threat on the African Savannah, and might fit into your plains region. Aside from that, Small races would probably be best; hide in the bush, surprise big predators/attackers, etc... While I don't particularly like halflings, they might work, as would gnomes, and other similar creatures.

Lateral
2011-05-27, 09:19 PM
Halflings. Preferably riding dinosaurs. :smallwink:

Darth Stabber
2011-05-27, 09:27 PM
Nomadic planes race? Slaad!!!

In seriousness.

Lupins (dragon compendium) are nomadic, zero la, wolfmen of the plains. Somewhat like native american great plains tribes culturally (though they have a massive cultural hatred of lycanthropes, and infact a common rite of passage into manhood involves werewolf hunts). They tend to be irreligious, but revere nature. Their favored class is ranger. They commonly have direwolves as mounts. They have scent, and ride is always class. They have a couple of other random abilities that are not leaping to mind immediately, but they are several kinds of awesome. They are monsterous humanoids though.

Other good plainsy races: gnomes, human, azurin, illumian, tibbits (though also monsterous humanoid), anthropomorphic bison.

I mean if it is post apocalyptic you can pick something weird and refluff them as mutants.

Hirax
2011-05-27, 09:33 PM
Gnolls? Goatfolk (MM3)? Bugbears?

DementedFellow
2011-05-27, 09:34 PM
Might I suggest a Bhuka? They are found in Sandstorm and are very tribal. They rely on their holymen to make it rain. And they are able to withstand hot weather.

TroubleBrewing
2011-05-27, 09:55 PM
Warforged.

What? They had to settle somewhere.

EDIT: For hilarity, cannibal Tibbits. The party encounters an empty town in the middle of nowhere, but there are all these cats around... The party begins to disappear, one by one...

Ravens_cry
2011-05-27, 10:18 PM
Humans? Those cat centaur people, wemiks I believe?