PDA

View Full Version : Any regeneration builds out there?

TechnOkami
2011-05-28, 02:16 AM
So, I've been playing as Dr. Mundo from League of Legends, a crazy awesome guy who regenerates like nobody's business. Now, I don't want a copy of him necessarily, but just in general: are there any classes/builds/feats that would enable you to out-regenerate/fast heal/damage reduction the enemy's damage output?

Geigan
2011-05-28, 02:32 AM
Since Mundo's abilities key off of taking damage I would suggest something like an arcane gish using crusader and the minor shapeshift to gain temp hit points as well as healing yourself. JPM to advance spellcasting/maneuvers if the good-only requirement doesn't bother you or can be waived. Vicious weapons might work since you actually have to burn health to do extra damage and with all the temporary hp you would be getting hurt but not really. RKV could also work especially since you could go cleric and and cast something like vigor beforehand to give you regen through a fight.

kardar233
2011-05-28, 03:51 AM
The King of Smack, and by extension, any Masochist build with a lifesteal technique or bodyfeeder weapon or the like is similar to a lifesteal-based champion. This is more of the Warwick/Irelia style however.

I'm not seeing a character based on regeneration/fast healing however.

And I highly doubt you're going to get as awesome of a combination of damage, hit chance and spammability as you're getting in Mundo's Cleaver if you want to have fast healing/regeneration as well. Maybe go Warlock or something for the spam Eldritch Blast.

Remember the ABCs of Mundo:
Always
Be
Cleavin'

TechnOkami
2011-05-28, 09:06 AM
Um, to reiterate: I'm not looking for a Mundo or an Irelia or a Yi or a Nasus or a Warwick or a (insert champion that applies here). I'm looking for a build in D&D 3.5 to give me insane amounts of health regenerating properties so I can do what Mundo does: outheal their damage and Tank like a Boss.

Eldariel
2011-05-28, 09:14 AM
Psychic Warrior with Claws of the Vampire, combined with Claws of the Beast and size increases. That's King of Smack in a nutshell; huge bruiser who hurts like a brickhouse, hits back whenever someone hits him and heals a portion of the damage he deals. Get a Necklace of Natural Attacks [Savage Species] with Wrathful Healing [Enemies & Allies] for extra healz, and Vigor+Share Pain+Psicrystal for plain tons of extra HP.

Other options include Crusader, who does this pretty much out of the box but can't really heal himself outside combat, and of course Cleric persisting various Fast Healing abilities and having Healz and all those for in-combat regen along with Shapechanging abilities to take the form of some Regenerating/Fast Healing (Hydras are nice) form. Frozen Wildshape Druid would also work; 12-headed Hydra regens 24 HP a round.