PDA

View Full Version : Spell Failure

TheOneWhoWalks
2011-05-28, 01:12 PM
Ok, so I've read many arguments on various forums against removing ASF from the game, mostly siting valid balance issues. These arguments seem sound. In a Campaign I'm wanting to build, however, I want to change where magic comes from, with all magic being drawn form the same source. And so I'm finding it hard to justify that Arcane magic suffers from ASF while Divine does not. So, as an alternative to removing ASF, has anyone ever given thought to imposing it on Divine magic as well? Would that weaken diving spellcasters too much to make them valid? Would some spell-list reworking solve the problem? It's also worth noting that the Divine classes that will be available will be Favored Soul and Archivist, to counterbalance Sorcerer and Wizard. I'm not sure if I'm removing Clerics all together, or changing the way their power works, but either way, they will not be part of the equation here. Thanks in advance for your thoughts and feedback! :smallbiggrin:

TheOneWhoWalks
2011-05-28, 01:19 PM
Ok, so I just realized I posted this in the wrong place... Relocating to Homebrew...