PDA

View Full Version : Power Word: Dictionary!

NineThePuma
2011-05-28, 04:26 PM
I'm planning a character (a sorcerer) who would basically be a true namer without using the crappy mechanics. Can I get a list of the locations of various Power Word spells (and the name of those spells too)?

Mostly cause I'm kinda lazy and don't want to wade through all my books.

Veyr
2011-05-28, 04:30 PM
Most that aren't in the PHB are in RotD.

Shades of Gray
2011-05-28, 04:55 PM
Might want to use other thematic spells, such as shout.

AslanCross
2011-05-28, 05:54 PM
Races of the Dragon has:

Lv 1: Power Word Fatigue
Lv 2: Power Word Sicken
Lv 3: Power Word Deafen, Power Word Maladroit, Power Word Weaken
Lv 4: Power Word Distract
Lv 5: Power Word Disable
Lv 6: Power Word Nauseate
Lv 8: Power Word Petrify

The fluff is that the Power Words were invented by dragons.

NineThePuma
2011-05-28, 06:15 PM
Isn't Power Word: Pain also from RotD?

jvluso
2011-05-28, 06:20 PM
yes

As is the Dracolexi, a PRC focused on using the power word spells. It gets some decent abilities, and fits thematically.

navar100
2011-05-28, 08:19 PM
I'm planning a character (a sorcerer) who would basically be a true namer without using the crappy mechanics. Can I get a list of the locations of various Power Word spells (and the name of those spells too)?

Mostly cause I'm kinda lazy and don't want to wade through all my books.

What an interesting concept. Cool. I'm playing a "Chromemagus" myself, a sorcerer basings his spells on colors.

Fouredged Sword
2011-05-29, 11:43 AM
If you have a feat and some skillpoints to spare there are some nice truenaming spells out there that are actualy quite useful. The problem is that you have to burn a feat to get truenameing as a class skill and actualy invest in it. There are some great binding and banishing spells though. They are very powerful if you have downtime to research.

If you avoid the truenamer class the rest of the truenaming section can be quite useful.

Veyr
2011-05-29, 11:44 AM
If you have a feat and some skillpoints to spare there are some nice truenaming spells out there that are actualy quite useful. The problem is that you have to burn a feat to get truenameing as a class skill and actualy invest in it. There are some great binding and banishing spells though. They are very powerful if you have downtime to research.

If you avoid the truenamer class the rest of the truenaming section can be quite useful.
I hate those spells. All that investment, and they're still worse than Planar Binding.