PDA

View Full Version : Monk/FS/Sacred Fist

Kesnit
2011-05-29, 04:08 PM
My fiancee is going to run the World's Largest Dungeon as an on-going campaign sometime in the near future. I would like to play a build as seen in the subject line, starting at LVL 5.

She ran the first area as a one-shot for some friends over the weekend. Human Monk 2/ Favored Soul (of Illmater) 3. Skills focused on combat and socials (Diplo, Intimidate, Bluff...) Feats were Combat Reflexes (took Deflect Arrows at Monk 2), Combat Concentration, and Fist of Iron.

We do not have ToB, so that book is out. We do have Core, Completes, BoED, BoEF, and a bunch of race books. (I don't know exactly which ones and can't get to the box at the moment.) I have no idea about the optimization of the party because we're putting together a new group. Stats are TBD, as she uses "roll 6d8 and add 10 to what is on the die. Distribute." in order to create stats. We have 5000 gold each to equip characters. (Monks are proficient with gauntlets and they can be enchanted like any other weapon. Wearing gauntlets still gives Monk Unarmed damage.)

Any recommendations on feats / spells / equipment to take / avoid? I know to get wands of Cure A Wounds. Our ability to get items once in the dungeon will be limited, as we can only buy/sell by going back to the entrance and sending a sled through to our employer with our "wish list," so basing a build on assuming a Magic-Mart will not work.

Tvtyrant
2011-05-29, 04:22 PM
Someone should get a Bag of Holding. 5,000 GP isn't very much, so I would waste most of it on healing items.

Kesnit
2011-05-29, 04:29 PM
Someone should get a Bag of Holding.

Forgot to put this in the OP. Bags of Holding, Portable Holes, and the like don't work. It's part of the dungeon and it's extra-dimensional nature.

To clarify, it's 5000 gold per character, not 5000 total.

Tvtyrant
2011-05-29, 04:32 PM
5000 GP per character is a bit better, but most of it will go to either a few magic items (+1 gauntlets) or a lot of marginally useful none-magical items (rope and grappling hook, caltrops, etc.) Is the group pitching in together for the CLW wand, or is just you?