-shocktrooper
-power attack
-combat reflex
-leap attack
-law devotion
-knockdown
-imp.thougnes
-weapon focus (scythe)

the idea is, basically, charge at the enemy, attack him, trip him, attack him again and with te maneuveres of shocktrooper and combat brute bull rush and trip him against other opponents or walls

i think of using the fighter variant of dungeonscape but i have a question: the ability that gives you with bullrush says: "if you force an opponent to move into a wall or other solid object he stops as normal." However it deals a relatively good amount of damage plus the combo.

i want to know if another opponent its consider also as a solid object and if i bullrush him against another the damage is apply or not

to use this combo i need to be, at least huge (im human and im comfortable with that, no change in race please) and wit a considerable strenght modifier so any idea of how i can be this big in a safe and reliable way? in my party are: a martial sorcerer (not very reliable, trust me), a cleric (same as before) and a ranger with a obsession of using wands (also i am).

also in the maneuver of shco trooper "direct bullrush" it says that i have to bullrush as part of a charge. this screw up all the combo because the charge its only a bull rush attempt and no a attack and then trip and then attack and then bull rush. i think of using brutal surge but it just 1 per day and sinces its an attack that come from a weapon and no a bull rush as part of the charge i dont know if it serves for that porpuses. what do you think?

if you want to know the theme of the character think of zasalamel of soul calibur ........ but lawfull good paladin of nerull.......i mean heironeuoss.

stats:
ability mod
str 28 +9
dex 15 +1
con 22 +6
wis 16 +2
int 13 +1
cha 24 +7

Any sugerence is valid but try to avoid:

-dragon magazine
-pathfinder
-for the love of Banjhulu and the all mighty Snuggles the Doom Kitty, Lone Pussycat of the Apocalypse, Master of the Schrödinger Domain NO TOME OF BATTLE
-i repeat NO TOME OF BATTLE

ShneekeyTheLost
2011-05-29, 08:27 PM
PsiWar (from the SRD) is good for getting size bumps. Why bother with so much Kensai, anyways?

Also, look up Knockback. It does what you want to do: if you do more than x damage, you get a free trip attempt. Now you're slamming him into the ground, which is a solid object. Have fun.

Teln
2011-05-29, 08:28 PM
As a card-carrying Grammar Nazi, I refuse to offer any advice until someone translates the first post for me.

-VardanT-
2011-05-29, 08:34 PM
i forget no psionic

Lateral
2011-05-29, 08:52 PM
As a card-carrying Grammar Nazi, I refuse to offer any advice until someone translates the first post for me.
I feel for you, man. :smallsigh:
----------
What Shneekey said, except that Knock-Down is the one that gets a trip attempt. You'll also want Knockback, because it's basically Awesome Blow on crack- you make a Bull Rush, for free, without provoking AoOs, against an enemy you hit with an attack you're Power Attacking on. You don't move with him, either.

Loki Eremes
2011-05-29, 08:54 PM

as funny as that is, this guy's mother language is not english, so be indulgent :3

gallagher
2011-05-29, 09:04 PM
how much money do you have to work with?

you might be able to afford a custom item that would let you like 1/day have righteous might cast upon you for 16 hours, and then get your 8 hours of rest in on your off time

-VardanT-
2011-05-29, 09:49 PM
40k i think

danzibr
2011-05-29, 09:57 PM
as funny as that is, this guy's mother language is not english, so be indulgent :3

How do you know that?

Yukitsu
2011-05-29, 10:19 PM
40k i think

In that case, you'll need more dakka.

Allanimal
2011-05-30, 12:09 AM

How do you know that?

It is usually pretty easy to tell by the types of mistakes that are made. I agree with Loki, his native language probably is not English. Give him a break.

Kaeso
2011-05-30, 04:01 AM
How do you know that?

The internet isn't American. There are enough people here that speak English as a second or third language. :smallsigh:

Viktyr Gehrig
2011-05-30, 04:14 AM
The internet isn't American. There are enough people here that speak English as a second or third language. :smallsigh:

I know a guy for whom English is his fifth language. He's also a ridiculous troll and I mock him relentlessly for it, but I have to admit that his fifth language is still better than my second.

ShneekeyTheLost
2011-05-30, 04:59 AM
i forget no psionic

In that case, a one-level dip in Sorcerer for Enlarge Person. Or, heck, UMD a Wand. They're 750. Better yet, since Enlarge Person can be cast with Permanency, hire a caster to do so. Should only cost you around 10k.

In that case, you'll need more dakka. Not if he's an Angry Spehce Mehrine!

Greenish
2011-05-30, 09:14 AM
As a card-carrying Grammar Nazi, I refuse to offer any advice until someone translates the first post for me.Here's a fast and lazy one:

Hi! I'm playing this build: fighter 6/paladin 6/kensai 7, with the followings feats:

Imp. Trip
Combat Expertise
Imp. Sunder
Imp. Bull Rush
Combat Brute
Shocktrooper
Power Attack
Combat Reflexes
Leap Attack
Law Devotion
Knockdown
Imp. Toughness
Weapon Focus (scythe)

The idea is, basically, to charge at the enemy, attack him, trip him, attack him again and use Shocktrooper and Combat Brute to bull rush him against other opponents or walls.

I thought about using the fighter variant from Dungeonscape, which says: "if you force an opponent to move into a wall or other solid object he stops as normal."

What I want to know is whether another opponent is considered a solid object, and if I bullrush him against another foe, will the damage apply to both of them?

To use this combo I need to be at least huge (I'm human and don't want to change my race) and have a considerable strength modifier. Any idea on how to become this large in a safe and reliable way? Others in my party are a martial sorcerer (not very reliable, trust me), a cleric (same as before) and a ranger with a obsession of using wands.

Shock Trooper's "Directed Bull Rush" says that I have to bull rush as part of a charge. This screws up the combo, because if I use the attack action from charge to bull rush, I can't make normal attacks or trip. I've thought of using a Brutal Surge weapon, but it only works once per day, and since the weapon is doing the bull rushing, not me, I'm not sure whether it works with my feats. What do you think?

As for the theme of the character, think of Zasalamel from Soul Calibur games (III and IV), but as a Lawful Good Paladin of Nerull... I mean Heironeous.

Stats: str 28, dex 15, con 22, wis 16, int 13, cha 24

Any suggestions are welcome, but please try to avoid the following:

-Dragon Magazine
-Pathfinder
-Tome of Battle

as funny as that is, this guy's mother language is not english, so be indulgent :3That's no excuse. :smallamused:

Lateral
2011-05-30, 09:45 AM
In that case, you'll need more dakka.
:smallsigh:
-------
Your feats look mostly good, except that you don't really need Combat Reflexes, Law Devotion, or Improved Toughness. You aren't really an AoO build, Law Devotion isn't really a great devotion feat, and Improved Toughness is pretty superfluous with a 22 CON. I'm not sure why you're going into Kensai with a scythe- you've got Knockdown, so you don't need a trip-capable weapon.

May I ask why you're putting so much emphasis on the 'no Tome of Battle'? Are you just trying to make double sure nobody suggests it?

Greenish
2011-05-30, 10:00 AM
I'm not sure why you're going into Kensai with a scythe?http://static.playdo.com/1015/deeweezy45/tabimages/zasalamel.jpg

Lateral
2011-05-30, 10:13 AM
http://static.playdo.com/1015/deeweezy45/tabimages/zasalamel.jpg

Fair enough, I suppose. :smalltongue:

danzibr
2011-05-30, 10:36 AM
It is usually pretty easy to tell by the types of mistakes that are made. I agree with Loki, his native language probably is not English. Give him a break.

These totally aren't valid reasons for knowing why English isn't his mother tongue. I've known native English speakers who type terribly. I've known native English speakers who speak terrible English.

pilvento
2011-05-30, 01:15 PM
These totally aren't valid reasons for knowing why English isn't his mother tongue. I've known native English speakers who type terribly. I've known native English speakers who speak terrible English.

Ok, ill enf the english discussion so we can go back to help my friend resolve his cococococombobreaker! problem.

VardanT is from argentina, so am I and loki, we play on the same table.

He forgot to add Knockdown to his feat list, no idea why cause he allways uses it, we have bonus feats form flaws and as a gift from the DM.
The question here to make it simplier is to help optimise the clasic ubercharger (no mount) and help explain VardanT how does all the combo work, order and trigers (charge, trip, bullrush, shocktroper, combat brute)

P.D: how you dare call me an unreliable sorcerer :smallfurious:

Lateral
2011-05-30, 01:20 PM
Knock-Down is on his feat list. Did you mean Knockback? :smallconfused:

pilvento
2011-05-30, 01:24 PM
Knock-Down is on his feat list. Did you mean Knockback? :smallconfused:

No, i just missread the list... shame on me :smallfrown:

The basic and obvious problem using knockback is his size, but i think we can talk the DM about it, after all, i convinced him of using swiftblade, he is SUCH a good man...

Lateral
2011-05-30, 02:27 PM
Well, you could ask if he'd allow the Jotunbrud feat to qualify you for it- Jotunbrud gives many of the benefits of Powerful Build, and PB qualifies you for Knock-Back. Unfortunately, Jotunbrud itself is only available at 1st level, but the DM's more likely to say yes to that than just straight.

Or, you could always have a caster Permanencied Enlarge Person you- it's vulnerable to dispelling, but it'd always be on.