PDA

View Full Version : Guest in the playground?

Flame of Anor
2011-05-29, 08:44 PM
Just out of curiosity--I was looking through an old thread (2005) and I noticed that someone was listed as a "Guest in the Playground". Did people used to be able to post without having an account?

AsteriskAmp
2011-05-29, 09:21 PM
Just out of curiosity--I was looking through an old thread (2005) and I noticed that someone was listed as a "Guest in the Playground". Did people used to be able to post without having an account?

Could you please give a link to the place of this anomaly?

Flame of Anor
2011-05-29, 09:25 PM
Could you please give a link to the place of this anomaly?

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=561970&postcount=17

Maxios
2011-05-29, 09:30 PM
That's...odd

DoomITP
2011-05-29, 09:53 PM
If I was to guess, I would say that it was from a time when you did not need to be a member to post on the forum.

Rawhide
2011-05-29, 09:53 PM
For the entire time I have been a member, registration has been required. That post was from after my registration. I assume that registration has always been required.

Please note that the thread you've linked was from the old forum software and has been imported into the new forum software. Several glitches have occurred because of that. Most notably, the " marks.

Jimorian
2011-05-29, 10:23 PM
I've seen this on other forums with different software. I think it's when there's a forum migration and that member's account for some reason didn't get transferred. It doesn't delete the message, but since there's no membership info, it just tags it as "guest" instead.

Rawhide
2011-05-29, 10:44 PM
Actually, now I know exactly what happened. That user deleted their own account. This causes lots of issues and with the new forum software is no longer possible.

Question asked, question answered, thread closed.