PDA

View Full Version : Elans and Immortality

TechnOkami
2011-05-30, 03:40 PM
So, what is this madness about Elans being immortal? I'm looking at the srd and see nothing about them and immortality, other than the bit about replenishment... is that it?

olentu
2011-05-30, 03:40 PM
So, what is this madness about Elans being immortal? I'm looking at the srd and see nothing about them and immortality, other than the bit about replenishment... is that it?

Check the eratta.

Lateral
2011-05-30, 03:50 PM
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicRaces.htm

They have no maximum age, so they don't die of old age.

Munchkin-Masher
2011-05-30, 05:04 PM
Then look again.

The ageing effects table clearly says that they have no maximum age, thus they cannot die of old age.

Kosjsjach
2011-05-30, 05:57 PM
Am I missing something? I'm looking at the Aging Effects table in Expanded Psionics Handbook and they absolutely do have a maximum age. It's enormous, but still there.

I always assumed Elans were immortal because that's how they were talked about here on the forum, but now I'm not sure. Granted, the table says they can live for over 1'000 years, but not forever.

olentu
2011-05-30, 06:00 PM
Am I missing something? I'm looking at the Aging Effects table in Expanded Psionics Handbook and they absolutely do have a maximum age. It's enormous, but still there.

I always assumed Elans were immortal because that's how they were talked about here on the forum, but now I'm not sure. Granted, the table says they can live for over 1'000 years, but not forever.

Errata changes this to no maximum age.

AslanCross
2011-05-30, 06:07 PM
Expanded Psionics Handbook's race entry mentions about them having "effectively unlimited lifespans"; while the aging table says they have a maximum age, the errata changes this.

The table in the SRD lists no maximum age.

TroubleBrewing
2011-05-30, 06:08 PM
Age table linked for convenience. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicRaces.htm#ageHeightAndWeight)

Kosjsjach
2011-05-30, 06:09 PM
Aha, found it. I glanced through the errata before I commented, but I obviously missed it. My mistake.