PDA

View Full Version : First game, need a bit of help.

ladros2
2011-05-30, 04:32 PM
Starting my first game of Pathfinder soon. I need to equip my 4th level Conjurer, using 6,000gp. But I haven't the slightest idea where to start, what's gonna be useful, what's necessary etc.

Can anyone help?

Volos
2011-05-30, 04:42 PM
I'd suggest looking at the item lists in the Pathfinder Core Rulebook and in the Pathfinder Advanced Player's Guide. Get yourself a dagger, some clothes, camping supplies, and any other mundane items you think you might need. Then go buy magic items that aid / enchance your abilites begotten from your race, class, and/or alignment.

NNescio
2011-05-30, 05:09 PM
Handy Haversack. You dumped strength, right?

(It's less useful if your DM lets you get away with ridiculous amounts of encumbrance, but the move-action retrieval is still useful for spell-trigger/spell-completion items and certain alchemical items.)

Also, get a Headband of Vast Intelligence +2. Both together would cost all of your 6k gp though, so you may want to drop one of them if you can't wing an extra 100gp worth of pocket change for the mundane stuff (or persuade your party mates into lending you some).

Later on, you may want to consider getting a Cloak of Resistance +1 and some Pearls of Power.

ladros2
2011-05-31, 05:25 PM
What are the mundane items I can expect to need? So far all my D&D experience is through computer games (back as far as BG1), so the dealing with camping supplies was never an issue. What about robes, a staff etc? How much of the 6,000 is necessities and how much is fun stuff?

Jaraak
2011-06-01, 12:35 AM
Conjurer hey. Mundane items?

I would recommend a pipe, with some good tobacco. You'll need something to do why the outdoorsy types are setting up camp. I wouldn't bother with rations, you can just bum them off someone else if they didn't capture food.

Ropes/Hooks/Tinder/Bedrolls etc... You don't need these things. Just bum them off your fellow party members. Well. You might want you're own bedroll. Or you could play a female and just share sleeping arrangements with whoever is the most charismatic :)

Big Fau
2011-06-01, 12:56 AM
What are the mundane items I can expect to need? So far all my D&D experience is through computer games (back as far as BG1), so the dealing with camping supplies was never an issue. What about robes, a staff etc? How much of the 6,000 is necessities and how much is fun stuff?

Think like you were going camping. What tools would you bring along?

Be practical with it, and remember that you are a Wizard. You have a low Str by default.